rowbeth's Content

There have been 261 items by rowbeth (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#977549 Elite Pack now available!

Posted by rowbeth on 04 March 2017 - 02:11 in General Discussion

wouldnt the same be said for all the offers with chests which then get sold for fsp within the game

I can see differences, but ...

it really sounds like a good one for budding bovine lawyers to cut their teeth on :)

#977500 Lagging?

Posted by rowbeth on 04 March 2017 - 00:42 in General Discussion

Well, this has been a complete waste of buffs --- and even more frustratingly --- a complete waste of my Friday night

#977487 Lagging?

Posted by rowbeth on 04 March 2017 - 00:16 in General Discussion

utterly unworkable tonight. Am I the only one having really bad lag - or has everyone else just given up!

#977464 Lagging?

Posted by rowbeth on 03 March 2017 - 21:20 in General Discussion

currently taking 5-10 seconds for every page load

It really takes the fun out of a hunt. Glad I wasn't thinking of titans

#977453 Elite Pack now available!

Posted by rowbeth on 03 March 2017 - 19:25 in General Discussion

EP,

I think what you suggest would amount to selling commodities within the game for money or money's worth---which is not allowed by the Terms of Use:

"Real World Trading

You may not advertise the intent to or commit the act of buying (excluding direct purchases from Hunted Cow Studios Ltd), selling, trading, sharing, or transferring access to any game account, game points or any other commodities within the game for money, money's worth or commodities out with the game. Game accounts are non-transferrable under any circumstances. All game accounts, characters, items, game points, and other commodities within the game are the sole property of Hunted Cow Studios Ltd. The selling for money or trading of any these items is a breach of this Agreement."

(Of course, I'd be happy for HCS to produce a more authoritative interpretation.)

#977451 New Arena Recipes!

Posted by rowbeth on 03 March 2017 - 19:04 in General Discussion

crystalline gear doesn't degrade in the arena

#977261 The need for gold

Posted by rowbeth on 01 March 2017 - 07:00 in General Discussion

Also, players having 'large stamina banks' is not limited exclusively to EOC and is not even relevant to this discussion. You can't possibly think it is a good idea to have game mechanics that are designed to negate character upgrades? That is just pure nonsense.

That is precisely Urck's point, Doom. Having spent all that money/effort getting a large stam bank, Urck gets to EOC and finds that the game mechanics negates the point of him having upgraded his stam bank ("not profitable" in Urck's words).

I guess you may have been restating his point, but it sure reads like the opposite.

#977248 Lagging?

Posted by rowbeth on 28 February 2017 - 19:50 in General Discussion

They are clearly affecting the UK too. I have now finished that quest (25 minutes for the remaining 900 tiles), but with several periods of 3-4 minutes of being completely unable to get a page load to complete.

#977231 world screen no updating?

Posted by rowbeth on 28 February 2017 - 16:26 in General Discussion

I just noticed during a DQ that the time counter on buffs was not updating unless I stopped to do a full reload of the window.

Unusually, the DQ counter was updating fine---just not the buff timer.

For the record, I did turn FSH/greasemonkey off when i first noticed, and it made no difference.

#977230 Lagging?

Posted by rowbeth on 28 February 2017 - 16:22 in General Discussion

Anyone else lagging badly?

I'd been managing to ignore lately becuase I wasn't needing to do much at any time. But it has just taken 30 minutes to walk 600 tiles in a DQ (3 seconds per tile), and they all had to be keyed individually as throughout that time clicking even 2-3 tiles away would lock it up with the "only move one tile" trap.

Unfortunately, this DQ requires 1500 tiles, so still a very long way to go...

#977161 The Grimmnor Forest

Posted by rowbeth on 26 February 2017 - 08:09 in General Discussion

Or (even cheaper) ...

"The top 3 contributors in this Global Quest will get to help design a new [Quango|Story Book|...] quest"

#977127 FSH Update 1517 - Shop Quick Buy / Recipe Mgr / Guild Log

Posted by rowbeth on 25 February 2017 - 08:42 in General Discussion

Hey all. A few updates for you. Hope you like them.

==Revision 1517 (PointyHair)==

* (minor) FS: Collapsible news/archive

PointyHair,

Is there some way to disable this option? I couldn't find an option in the preferences.

News items sometimes contain more than one thing, and it isn't always obvious from the title. I just tried scanning back for some bit of information, and found that I was having to re-expand every news item manually.

[Edit: PS I guess I could just switch greae monkey off for such occassions, so I guess this isn't a high profiile request]

#977126 The need for gold

Posted by rowbeth on 25 February 2017 - 08:32 in General Discussion

As Urck says, prices/costs (repair, quests, forging, bounty board...) continue to increase with level while gold gain stopped at level 300. This does create a pressure all the way from level 300, not just EOC. I think the reason most people don't notice this is becuase they keep upgrading max stam, and so their hunts become more efficient (more kills and so more gold for the given expenditure on buffs & potions). This creates a kind of balance that I think is workable for most levels, though that will depend on choices of game play style.

There is a different problem at EOC, and that is lack of content. Just 25 levels outside of 2XP events since last April means a lot of people are spending all their time sub-levelling, and with very little gold income as a result. For small giulds with EOC players, this does make guild structures a problem. There are solutions to this, some of which already exist in-game:

(1) increase the rate of content release (there are already lots of posts on this through the forums, so I hope this thread says no more on this one)

(2) put a lower bound on the percentage reduction in gold gain for sublevelling (25%? 50%? some other number?)

(3) choose to level slower (I no longer use AL or Lib to hunt, and I avoided the last 2XP event; this was a choice I made because I wanted the gold to keep upgrading my character)

(4) choose to delevel from EOC so that you can then hunt properly

While I can see an argument for bigger gold-drop/creature at level 1000, I really don't see it as the solution at EOC; but I do see a strong argument for option 2 to address EOC gold income.

#976955 Upgrade rewards from awards

Posted by rowbeth on 20 February 2017 - 19:35 in General Discussion

Given how well election predictions have gone in the last 12 months, I'll start looking for my +1000 awards <_<

#976893 FSH Update 1517 - Shop Quick Buy / Recipe Mgr / Guild Log

Posted by rowbeth on 19 February 2017 - 07:51 in General Discussion

Ironlegs, does this relate to the "Hide Quests" option on the "User Interface" tab Under Character->Preferences on the FS left menu?

#976859 Comments on "List of Daily Quests"

Posted by rowbeth on 18 February 2017 - 11:38 in General Discussion

That said, we all have the CHOICE to do a DQ

Agreed, and only the COWS have stats on how many people do how many of which type of DQ.

I think the game is better off with more people choosing to do more DQs, so from time to time I will keep pointing out that break-down DQs are a BIG outlier for participation discouragement.

#976856 Comments on "List of Daily Quests"

Posted by rowbeth on 18 February 2017 - 08:07 in General Discussion

Pardoux

The drop rate is 15% for elites, 10% for champs and 7.5% for normals; those rates double with FI1000. So the cheapest (by stam) option for a breakdown quest is to sit on an instant-respawn elite with AM500. Anything else will cost more. So my farming elites figure is the best case scenario, and even it costs 800 stam (+ transport + buffs) to earn 290 stam. Any other strategy will make this worse. (Or please teach me if you have found another way).

As for what has "been stated several times":

* the Cows do have a history of recognising their mistakes

* the Cows also have a history of changing their minds in response to feedback

* the Cows have also agreed that the cost/reward rates of the second wave of DQs (breakdown & compose) still need to be reconsidered in response to feedback once people try to grapple with them in the same way as the first wave (everything else) was rebalanced for cost/benefit.

The reality is that every other DQ leads to a net positive (often small) when done the right way. My experience is that breakdown DQs always lead to a large cost.

PS that 800 stam drops to 675 stam if you use FI1150, AM500, Reckoning 192 and have no other buffs running---still a very large cost for small return

#976851 Comments on "List of Daily Quests"

Posted by rowbeth on 18 February 2017 - 00:54 in General Discussion

Daily Quest

[ Common ]
Break down 240 items
0 / 240
Gain +290 Current Stamina

I've had a few of these lately, and I still think they need a major rebalance (noting again that breaking down items was a 2nd-wave DQ, and so did not benefit from the rebalance the 1st wave got)

Even with FI1000 and AM500 hunting an instant-respawning elite, it would take 800 stamina to complete this. With anything less than AM500 you'd be walking too much on the elite, and would probably be better of killing 1200 champs or 1600 normal critters.

The cost/benefit ratio for breakdown quests really is way higher than for any of the other DQs---and far to high to make break-down quests worth doing.

And for those who say you can just pick this up during your hunt: firstly, you are clearly below level 1600 (normal critters stop dropping about this point); and secondly, if you are hunting daily then you probably (with a few exceptions) don't have many upgrades for your character, and so probably don't get enough stamina each day to find and then kill 1600 normal creatures.

#976846 Max Stam

Posted by rowbeth on 17 February 2017 - 23:22 in General Discussion

I don't see the issue with buffs. Buffs affect your stats for a fixed time---when they run out your stats revert. So any buff that increases max stam will only do it for a fixed time and isn't it obvious that they can't maintain more than your normal-max-stam once they run out?

Epics I see more of a question for, but I suspect Lahona has the right explanation with the lag comment.

#976770 XP and Stamina Increase/Decrease

Posted by rowbeth on 16 February 2017 - 20:01 in General Discussion

Have to agree with Lahona.

I know a number of players who have invested in max stam precisely to avoid losing stam when they were going to be away for a while. One can't obviate such investments retrospectively.

And that is before considering the practicality of those that leave a window on autorefresh on their home (work?) desktop while they are away.

#976752 FSH Update 1517 - Shop Quick Buy / Recipe Mgr / Guild Log

Posted by rowbeth on 16 February 2017 - 06:57 in General Discussion

whatever HCS is paying you, it's not enough

Agreed! In fact they could probably double it and still not make any impact on your true worth, PH <_< :P

#976596 The need for gold

Posted by rowbeth on 11 February 2017 - 23:58 in General Discussion

I myself remember FSP being steady for quite a while at 90 gold. And then at 100 gold for the longest time.

The long stable time at 100 did have a lot to do with the absolute price cap of 100 in the MP. It eventually lead to there being absolutely no (zero) FSP for sale in the MP, and it was after a bit of that that the cows removed the price cap.

#976526 Pinata Frenzy X!

Posted by rowbeth on 10 February 2017 - 18:57 in General Discussion

well - it was 10 minutes after my post.

Maybe pre-empted rather than missed

:P

#976521 Pinata Frenzy X!

Posted by rowbeth on 10 February 2017 - 18:39 in General Discussion

I've just found myself sitting on two legendary Frost Dragons. I don't normally find them in Elya Plains Nth (though they clearly spawn there occassionally)

Have I missed an announcement of a second LE invasion? Or, indeed, is such an announcement missing?

#976459 UFSG Updates

Posted by rowbeth on 09 February 2017 - 20:27 in General Discussion

Based on past experience: a bit less often than content gets updated.

As for planning: at EOC there are not many useful sets, and you probably have them all. Its more a case of having a few hunting sets worked out so you can respond, rather than needing to plan ahead.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: