• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2018 - 15:11

1_9_heroarmory_large.png

Hey Commanders,

We're opening this thread to discuss the latest Game Update. This update includes game stability improvements, bug fixes and is also packed with new content. 

• A new structure the 'Hero Armory' can now be built by players with a level 8 Command Post.
  • Heroes now have access to a new ‘Invader Skill’ tree.
  • Heroes now have an 'Energy' value which is used when attacking ‘Invader’ enemies on the map.
  • Heroes will regain their energy over time (4 energy per minute) or via using Stim-Packs.
  • Defeating these Invaders awards a new chest which can contain items used for crafting.
  • At the 'Hero Armory' players can now craft equipment for the following slots: Helmets, Chests, Boots and Weapons.
  • Armored Alien Bugs ranging from level 1 to 5 have been spotted across all regions.
  • Player profiles now show the total number of PvP units that the player has killed.

We hope you all enjoy this latest game update and as always we'd love to hear your feedback on the new features.

~ The New Earth Team

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#2 Sheelin

Sheelin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 15:45

First impression:
Invader L2 - A level 49 hero with a chain of 3 attacks and almost 2k energy manage to only hurt it for less than 7%? That way only spenders and extremely high level players will ever get anything from invaders. Energy recharge is also too slow (and exaggerately costly if you want to buy a recharge). Completely unbalanced, made to only give further advantages to L22 spenders, is the first impression. Lower players or not spenders have next to no chances to even kill a level 1 invader.

EDIT: A "low" level player - who still has a 40+ hero (and should be able to easily kill a low level invader), can stay the whole day damaging an invader, while the energy sloooooooooowly recharges. Then go to sleep, and when the player log back the next day puff... no invader anymore. An high level player spender with a different timeset made a walk around and killed all unfinished invaders easily, getting all the kill reward supplies. 
Lower the number of attacks needed to kill lev 1-3 invaders so also "small" players can benefit of them - or at least raise the chances of getting supplies in the attack loot - so the at least have HOPES of getting enough to build a single piece of equipment.

Edited by Sheelin, 29 January 2018 - 20:30.

#3 PR0M

PR0M

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 17:09

How/where do you get materials for hero equipment?
Seem to need a lot for not a great increase in stats.
Energy level seems to take ages to regen.
More spend spend spend.
Not going to happen

#4 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2018 - 17:45

Updated the main post to include details of hero energy.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#5 Shaerun

Shaerun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 18:18

The extra damage from chain attacks isn't working.

#6 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2018 - 18:40

The extra damage from chain attacks isn't working.

Could you send over a screenshot and our team will investigate.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#7 Santa Claws

Santa Claws

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 21:27

I was quite looking forward to this though with a little apprehension. And oh boy. what a complete pile of rubbish. If you have looked in theta global chat you will have seen a lot of peoples reaction to this. Disappointing is an understatement. If it had been released on 1st of April it would have been taken as a fools joke. I cannot be bothered to write it all down just this part.. I have lvl 61 hero maxed out on invader attack. Never mind the insanely slow energy recharge rate even with it boosted. Attacking a lvl 4 bug twice did 6.75% damage. that would mean to destroy it I would need over 30 attacks on it. then ofc i would have to wait for the energy recharge I would end up having to spend nearly 24hrs just to destroy one lvl 4 bug. Assuming on the last attack needed someone doesn't come along and claim it. Though you may get the odd one or two spend thousands of shards to buy health the vast majority I have no doubt from comments I have seen are simply not gong to bother with this unless you actually listen and make this more viable. As right now it is farce.

#8 Shaerun

Shaerun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 22:46

https://s14.postimg....81/Untitled.png

The 2 chained attacks is exactly double the damage as the 1 chain attack.
There's no 5% extra damage to the second attack applied.

#9 Terminers

Terminers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 22:47

You need a test region with some real players in it to test things out first before going live. When a patch then is released, those test players are reset to a default, region is closed until test for a next patch is needed. This will avoid unbalanced things and better bugfixes.

Edited by Terminers, 29 January 2018 - 22:48.

#10 Santa Claws

Santa Claws

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 23:20

Should have done that a long time ago on there admin omega region. But ofc will never happen.

#11 CODENAME

CODENAME

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 00:16

Here's some data I collected.

Yes, it indicates that chain attacks do not work like advertised.

(This data is based on a level 61 hero with 16000 base damage and a 6% attack boost.)

KE3rILU.png

DPC = Damage Per Chain :)

I also think the double reward % skill is not working...

However thats probably because is amplifies a small percentage instead of it being the actual chance a double reward occurs.

Edited by CODENAME, 30 January 2018 - 00:29.

#12 Shaerun

Shaerun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 00:46

There's something about this update which worries me...

If you play the game for a bit(attacking invaders) and you relog/disconnect from the game you get rerolled. I think I lost more then a mil hero exp like this and the funny thing about it is that you don't get your used stimpacks back or any exp items that you've used.

Is this some special code implemented to get even more money out of your players?

#13 JGib

JGib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:26

What does it change after lv17. Has the same schematic rarity

#14 lee1207

lee1207

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:18

so energy refills at 4 per minute what about energy restoration 1 and 2 how does this affect base energy regen

#15 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:17

There's something about this update which worries me...

If you play the game for a bit(attacking invaders) and you relog/disconnect from the game you get rerolled. I think I lost more then a mil hero exp like this and the funny thing about it is that you don't get your used stimpacks back or any exp items that you've used.

Is this some special code implemented to get even more money out of your players?

Could you contact our support team with more information and they'll be able to investigate this for you.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#16 Sheelin

Sheelin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:27

Checked, multiple attack bonus isn't working for me either.

The damage done is just the single attack multiplied by the number of attacks of the chain.

#17 CODENAME

CODENAME

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:15

I think its good that it requires a lot of effort to get good gear, but with current energy recovery rate and the price of stimpacks its way too long.

My suggestion is to decrease stimpack prices, add stimpacks to the alliance store and increase the base energy recvery rate. Even if you can attack them non-stop it takes very long to get the supplies...

Stimpack 100: 40 shards, 1000 alliance credits

Stimpack 500: 200 shards, 5000 alliance credits

Stimpack 1000: 400 shards,10000 aliance credits

(And maybe make aliens drop them)

Energy recovery rate base: 12

Now I have to wait around 8 hours to kill a single level 1 Invador.

Edited by CODENAME, 30 January 2018 - 13:32.

#18 INDeeDO

INDeeDO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:57

sweet,since there's still time please consider adding in these:

2.add in multi use of items, so that we are not sending so many requests to the server,no one likes using 5000x15min boost, 1 at a time

Hey admin.... if you can do this for the new item,why not do it for all items.... comn copy and paste

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1414.PNG

Edited by INDeeDO, 30 January 2018 - 11:57.

#19 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2018 - 13:29

Thanks for all the feedback on this guys, the team are working to deploy a 1.91 hotfix with some bug fixes and improvements later this week, more information will follow.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#20 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2018 - 17:14

Ok patch 1.91 is planned to release later this week and will contain the following:

• Fixed the chain attack value not being correctly added to the damage.
  • Fixed an energy display bug on the Invader Attack Panel
  • The amount of energy removed now correctly adds the skill bonus reduction.
  • Hero Energy Restoration I and II skills have received significant buffs.
  • Fixed an issue where Rallies could not be deployed.
  • Fixed an issue with heroes not being able to deploy to invaders, despite having enough energy.
  • Fixed an issue with higher level gathering locations working incorrectly.

• Zue likes this

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: