• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Iago

Iago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:29

Got concerns? Suggestions? We want your input! What do you feel would improve the game for you warriors?

Iago
Web Developer, Game Developer.

#2 gothador_theblueange

gothador_theblueange
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:24

what about a quest or something to upgrade the subclass to something like "Perfect Warrior" and increase the stat increases a little?
but then also something would need to be done with the other subclasses as well.

#3 gothador_vickieverki

gothador_vickieverki
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2009 - 13:17

warriors dont need anything at the moment.

its the mages and miners that need the love.

v

#4 Howard The Duck

Howard The Duck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 16:00

there is only 1 thing i think the warriors need atm and that is a decent slottable for amulets, the best slottable for a warrior to use in an amulet is the hp switch gem.

while the warriors have very few slots for amulets the mages have several to choose from.

ie: mages have the new slottable from the invasion:

Item Name Zaahar Morph Gem Item Type Slottable
Quantity 25 DMG 0-0
Bonus Attributes
DEF +135, MP +700, WISDOM +35
Bonus Skills
Mana Conserve+++, Mana Conserve (Elite), Mana Surge+
Compatibility

this can slot into amulet and shield

while the warriors got the following:

Item Name Zaahar Shadow Gem Item Type Slottable
Quantity 23 DMG 0-0
Bonus Attributes
ATK +165, DMG +65
Bonus Skills
Lucky Strike++, Lucky Strike+++

this only slots to weapon or armour.

warriors have a ton of slottables for weapons and armour that are better then this, but nothing that is better then the hp switch gem for the amulets. i would like to see this slottable changed to include amulets or something similar to this for amulets that way warriors have a decent slottable to put in them.

please anyone with constructive comments on this leave them.

#5 seasack

seasack

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 21 November 2009 - 17:32

i do wish there were more ammy slottables for warriors :idea:

#6 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:21

Not sure how to word this, so I'll ramble and maybe someone will get what I'm trying to say. With the massive increases in wisdom damage lately (no I'm not begrudging mages, so dont even go there) but warriors need some defense against this, or something to offset it a bit. Yes I know Iago has been trying (thanks for that) but there is still a good sized gap. We do have AC, and even when we get that high, it takes a good mage only one good hit to take us out. Even if we have massive HP, which many of us do. I have to put on a special set of gear to hunt where there is PvP (which is ok .... ) but the price of the hit is large to both ATK and DMG.

Like I said, I'm not sure how to say this (working nights *shrug*) but I'm hoping that someone will take what I'm saying and make it sensible.

*Sits back and waits for the barrage of negative hits from mages*

#7 gothador_theblueange

gothador_theblueange
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 22:03

i think i may know what your trying to say
basicly,mages are getting some pretty good increases to wisdom,and its very easy for them to kill a warrior,and the only way for a warrior to survive a decent amount is to rearrange his/her equipment set to increase his/her resistance,but in doing so,we then suffer in attack and damage stats which makes it harder for us to defend ourselves,meaning,we lose the attack so that lowers the chance of hitting (if we had a chance anyways) and then if we do hit,we probably wont do enough damage

is that what you were trying to say?

#8 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 22:58

Thats it. Always irked me that my mage who is 10k or more levels below me could kill me with one hit. It also affects our hunting in PvP realms though. I have to lower everything so I'm not killed and so it takes me 2-3 times more hits to kill something.

#9 gothador_damolas

gothador_damolas
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:25

and its very easy for them to kill a warrior

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahhh, that gave me a good chuckle. You may have been right, maybe, 12-15months ago...

We do have AC, and even when we get that high, it takes a good mage only one good hit to take us out.

Maybe because magic is offset by Resistances, not AC? Make sure you've got a full Resistances Set, and you won't have a bit of trouble. :)

warriors dont need anything at the moment.

its the mages and miners that need the love.

v

Absolutely.

But I agree, a nice warrior ammy-slottable would be nice. There are plenty of weapon slottables for both warriors and mages, so maybe the next few could be focused at amulets, or even trinket-slottables!

#10 Athy

Athy

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:22

Another vote for a decent ammy slottable here.

Other than that, warriors are set for the time being.

#11 Howard The Duck

Howard The Duck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:30

i once again relist the question how many would like to see the following item be made available for amulets for warriors

Item Name Zaahar Shadow Gem Item Type Slottable
Quantity 23 DMG 0-0
Bonus Attributes
ATK +165, DMG +65
Bonus Skills
Lucky Strike++, Lucky Strike+++

this only slots to weapon or armour.

#12 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 14:23

Sure looks good to me.

#13 drillbeast

drillbeast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:58

Mystic is Right, my lvl 10,000 mage can kick my lvl 17,00 Titan ass. It's very difficult to obtain good resistance against magic yet keep the warrior strong.

BTW, Need to check why Death Blow, Lucky Strike dont work together for Titans using Thump. With 200,000 LS, I should do 2,000,000 LS and BB combined when Thump Is used.

Right? :?:

#14 uriahheap

uriahheap

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 15:55

Not sure how to word this, so I'll ramble and maybe someone will get what I'm trying to say. With the massive increases in wisdom damage lately (no I'm not begrudging mages, so dont even go there) but warriors need some defense against this, or something to offset it a bit. Yes I know Iago has been trying (thanks for that) but there is still a good sized gap. We do have AC, and even when we get that high, it takes a good mage only one good hit to take us out. Even if we have massive HP, which many of us do. I have to put on a special set of gear to hunt where there is PvP (which is ok .... ) but the price of the hit is large to both ATK and DMG.

Like I said, I'm not sure how to say this (working nights *shrug*) but I'm hoping that someone will take what I'm saying and make it sensible.

*Sits back and waits for the barrage of negative hits from mages*

Well, seeing as you asked for it-

When was the last time you were PvP'ed by a mage? Fine for haddock to sit a greenskin on a rock and fire away at it, but in the PvP realms the warriors are currently so much outclassing the mages that most of us don't stop to attack anyone.

That being said, why not put 98% resistances on everything? It doesn't really affect me that much. Until the hunting vials are changed, I wouldn't attack anyone anyways. If they do get fixed, I'd still expect a character hunting in a PvP zone to have 98% resistances, in which case I do normally about 14K damage every two casts unless I get an anti-res, so I probably wouldn't try.

I know you have to sacrifice attack and ac to get these resistances, but don't forget I have to sacrifice wisdom to get my resistances up as well. So, if everything has 98%, I get more damage, and you have way too much attack and AC, thanks to these godlike vials that keep coming out. Fair deal, if you ask me.

Of course, you could also look at it as a desire for the continued dumbing down of the game. The utter refusal to build your character to compete in a hostile environment, and another plea to Iago to make it easier for the Sunday warrior driver. One kit for rain, shine, and now even drop luck, thanks to that odious cow gods quest.

98 on all! F1 to win!

#15 gothador_kissandra

gothador_kissandra
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:24

there is only 1 thing i think the warriors need atm and that is a decent slottable for amulets, the best slottable for a warrior to use in an amulet is the hp switch gem.

I don't even bother slotting my amulets anymore. A decent warrior based amulet slottable would be nice. I don't think it should go overboard on adding to stats but just make it comparable to what is available for the other classes. I actually didn't notice the lack of amulet slottables till I recently rearranged all my clothes and discovered there was not one slottable that I even wanted to bother trying to get for my amulets.

#16 gothador_shauthra

gothador_shauthra
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:49

Ammy slottables *shrugs* dun 'ave em dun care neiver.

98% res sacrificing att and dam? Um... nuh fer me... had 'nuf each f'ever.

BTW, Need to check why Death Blow, Lucky Strike dont work together for Titans using Thump. With 200,000 LS, I should do 2,000,000 LS and BB combined when Thump Is used.

Yeah, it dun work, but we dun need it neiver.

#17 Debrutsid

Debrutsid

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:18

Super ultra awesome PvP skill so I can kill mages 1/5th my level. For once.

#18 gothador_damolas

gothador_damolas
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2009 - 16:47

.... pssst, it's called the 'Attack' attribute.

#19 Mysticalme

Mysticalme

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 18:21

Oh Yeah!

#20 gothador_infernie

gothador_infernie
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:02

Not sure if it will be useful, but what about a "whirlwind" attack option? Something like the target whole square with spells.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: