Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2022 - 13:47

Hi there everyone!

Today we are releasing the latest update for the Fallen Sword app. This is a pretty sizable update which contains the following:

New
  • App Tutorial

Updated
  • 'Edit name' button added to player profile (displays only if name has not previously been edited)
  • Login performance improvements

Bug Fixes
  • Auction house bought items still displayed after buying
  • Global quest misplaced background obscuring text
  • Guild Gold/vault values not updated after deposit
  • HUD Movement panel displaying redundant information
  • Load error when displaying cloaked player profiles
  • Quest bar occasionally displays placeholder text
  • Unable to deselect buffs when composing potions
  • Unable to move bound items to another folder

For those of you who have yet to try the app, you can get it for your Google or iOS devices from the below links:

Google Play: here
Apple iOS: here

As ever, we value feedback on the app and hope you’ll continue providing it on our forums!

~ The Fallen Sword Team.

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 13:52

Cheers for the update! I'm not sure what you did, however great job. It took me about 2 seconds to login! I am assuming the edit name is for the auto-generated names for new players.

Any chance we can get a video of the app tutorial? I am curious on how it plays out personally. Is it just a tutorial to get you familiar with the app and where things are or how to play the game... maybe both?

Edited by EpicPiety, 10 February 2022 - 13:58.

#3 Zue

Zue

Community Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2022 - 14:44

Cheers for the update! I'm not sure what you did, however great job. It took me about 2 seconds to login! I am assuming the edit name is for the auto-generated names for new players.

Thanks, I've edited the post to clarify that it is only for players who have not named their account before.  :)

#4 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 15:36

Amazing improvement on login/loading time!

Looking forward to the day the HUD Sync system is removed, which I believe kami confirmed on discord so I can drop a 5 star rating.

Great work team!

#5 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 17:01

Hi, it’s me again. Notifications still do not work for me.

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 19:46

Was there ever a reason why we did not choose to go forward with an "action" hub for the main landing screen.

Structures around on that landing hub, World portal = loads world map, guild hall = loads all guild stuff... so on and so forth?

#7 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 23:53

Every time I get into the app I get "Network error, please check your connections and try again"

#8 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 22:20

Crash constantly IOS, Iphone 12 (every 4-5minutes)

Edit: Happens when scrolling in profile and inventory.

Repair button is showing 100% all the time, cant click, cant interact with button.

Suggestion: 

Remove the FSP > Gold button on top right corner (most unused exchange), and replace with bank.

Missing:

Stamina gain/h

Beginner, champion, elite packs.

Suggestion:

Add new packs simillar to above, its been 6 years since I begun with no new packs, I want to support you, but I dont want to buy FSP for no use. Keep the packs coming.

Edited by Qloak, 14 February 2022 - 16:34.

#9 Edith3000

Edith3000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 03:19

Excellent loading time! Guild log is empty. I'll see if anything else needs to be added.

uvG2ReE.jpg

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 February 2022 - 15:15

Was there ever a reason why we did not choose to go forward with an "action" hub for the main landing screen.

Structures around on that landing hub, World portal = loads world map, guild hall = loads all guild stuff... so on and so forth?

Any comment? I find landing on the world map really problematic. If the "Home" screen on browser was world map no one would click it. You would click off of it ASAP when you login because there is no reason to be on it as the main screen.

Something like this makes much more practical sense in general and for the game specifically (Ignore the names, or imagine they were relevant to FS).

osqSaQ6.png

Being on the map on the app as your home page, having to filter through so many confusing buttons to get where you want keeps me and i can assume many others off the app. You feel like you have to tunnel to get where you want. Often you end up getting lost.

Edited by EpicPiety, 17 February 2022 - 15:41.

#11 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 17 February 2022 - 20:34

I found a concerning bug while using the app to do PvP ladder hits.

To do the ladder hits I went to the PvP tab > ladder > clicked on their picture (pulls up their profile) > attack > adjusted slider from 50 (more incoming on this below) to 100 > and then pressed attack. One would assume this would count as a ladder hit but you would be incorrect. The attack counted as a normal PvP attack which is not what is supposed to happen. This needs to be fixed.

Also, why do all PvP attacks default to 50 stam? Ideally it would default to 100 for ladder hits, 10 for normal hits and 100 (or 10) for Bounty Hunting hits. It would be great to have a preference to set customized default stam for each attack type.

Backpack: why does it default to my entire backpack on the app and main on browser? For consistency, it should default to main on the app as well.

And I continue to not receive any app notifications.

Edited by Tilley10, 15 March 2022 - 23:18.

#12 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 February 2022 - 16:11

Any comment? I find landing on the world map really problematic. If the "Home" screen on browser was world map no one would click it. You would click off of it ASAP when you login because there is no reason to be on it as the main screen.

Something like this makes much more practical sense in general and for the game specifically (Ignore the names, or imagine they were relevant to FS).

Being on the map on the app as your home page, having to filter through so many confusing buttons to get where you want keeps me and i can assume many others off the app. You feel like you have to tunnel to get where you want. Often you end up getting lost.

Hi EpicPiety,

Although this is a cool idea which will bring the app more in line with the browser, this change is a fairly large one and requires a number of core mechanics of the app to change in order to accommodate. With the app now out of beta and not long launched, we don't believe this is the time to be making a change as major as this. We continue to work on performance and on improving loading times so we hope these improvements help with your opinion of the app. Thank you for your feedback on this, it is a cool idea, but we don't believe it to be the right time to implement such a large change.

Every time I get into the app I get "Network error, please check your connections and try again"

Hi Tilley, 

Thank you for reporting this issue, we have looked into it but don't believe it to be game breaking, so not something you should be worried about. That said, I can imagine this to be annoying to see every time you load the app so we will aim to have this fixed for the next update.

Crash constantly IOS, Iphone 12 (every 4-5minutes)

Edit: Happens when scrolling in profile and inventory.

Repair button is showing 100% all the time, cant click, cant interact with button.

Suggestion: 

Remove the FSP > Gold button on top right corner (most unused exchange), and replace with bank.

Missing:

Stamina gain/h

Beginner, champion, elite packs.

Suggestion:

Add new packs simillar to above, its been 6 years since I begun with no new packs, I want to support you, but I dont want to buy FSP for no use. Keep the packs coming.

Hi Qloak,

I have looked into the repair button issue, however I cannot see an issue. The button should be disabled if your gear is at 100% as there is nothing to repair. I'm assuming you do have gear to repair and this stating 100% is wrong? Is there any further information you can provide on this? What gear are you wearing, also, does it ever drop? If you repair from the blacksmith panel, does this change anything? Any extra information you could provide would be appreciated and we hope to fix this issue for you soon.

Thank you for the suggestion about the bank, we can change this button functionality to something similar to the add stamina button where you can select upgrades or the bank. We will aim to have this implemented for the next update.

Stamina/Gold/Xp gain has now been added to the player profile and will be in the next update. As for the packs, these are only displayed if they have not previously been purchased, if they have then they will not be displayed.

At this time there are no plans for other packs, but we have not ruled them out. We will post an update if this ever changes.

Excellent loading time! Guild log is empty. I'll see if anything else needs to be added.

Hi Edith,

Thanks for pointing out the guild log, we will look into what is happening here and hopefully have a fix for the next update.

I found a concerning bug while using the app to do PvP ladder hits.

To do the ladder hits I went to the PvP tab > ladder > clicked on their picture (pulls up their profile) > attack > adjusted slider from 50 (more incoming on this below) to 100 > and then pressed attack. One would assume this would count as a ladder hit but you would be incorrect. The attack counted as a normal PvP attack which is not what is supposed to happen. This needs to be fixed.

Also, who does all PvP attacks default to 50 stam? Ideally it would default to 100 for ladder hits, 10 for normal hits and 100 (or 10) for Bounty Hunting hits. It would be great to have a preference to set customized default stam for each attack type.

Backpack: why does it default to my entire backpack on the app and main on browser? For consistency, it should default to main on the app as well.

And I continue to not receive any app notifications.

Hi again Tilley,

Thank you for letting us know about the ladder hits, this is indeed a concerning bug. I am not sure why this is happening, but will look into this and hopefully have a fix for the next update.

As for the stamina slider, you are right, it does make more sense to have it maxed by default. We will make this change and it will be available in the next update.

I also agree with the backpack, I will also add this to the cards and will aim to have it implemented for the next update.

As for notifications, we are still unsure as to why you are not receiving them. There is no reason why you shouldn't be as we have seen the screenshots of your settings. We are still however looking into this, and we are determined to get to the bottom of it, but so far we have had no luck working out why this is happening. I am sorry this is not the answer you are hoping for, but we are still looking into this and really hope to have a fix for it soon.

Huge thanks again to everyone who has provided feedback on this update, we appreciate each and every message and will use them to help improve the Fallen Sword app for future updates! Happy hunting everyone! 

~Conix

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 18 February 2022 - 16:42

Hi EpicPiety,

Although this is a cool idea which will bring the app more in line with the browser, this change is a fairly large one and requires a number of core mechanics of the app to change in order to accommodate. With the app now out of beta and not long launched, we don't believe this is the time to be making a change as major as this. We continue to work on performance and on improving loading times so we hope these improvements help with your opinion of the app. Thank you for your feedback on this, it is a cool idea, but we don't believe it to be the right time to implement such a large change.

Appreciate the feedback, this would probably be pretty sizeable as it's a huge UI rewrite. However I do feel like going forward with the current way the app is configured is a huge waste and for nothing. As a long time player, Long time mobile gamer and somebody who interacts with a large majority of the game this design can't possibly sustain long term growth. It's extremely confusing and not user friendly. If people with tens of thousands of hours (I wish I was exaggerating on this number) in the game are having a hard time, I can't imagine someone whose new.

Just wanted to express my concern as it seems like a lot of the time is spent fixing bugs/tweaking the current design. If we did go this path later on it's just going to create problems again to deal with. When the backend stuff is solidified I highly recommend canvasing the player base on this.

The "action" hub is already accredited throughout many triple a mobile games, so if implemented correctly success is basically assured. This is also a huge benefit because mobile gamers switching over and trying out FS will already have a head start at understanding how to play the game because they are familiar with the Hub format (It's easier to digest information this way). 

If you don't understand how to play the game and it's not intuitive most people just leave.

Thanks for hearing my rant and hope it's not taken personally as we do appreciate your work.

Edited by EpicPiety, 18 February 2022 - 16:45.

#14 Emperor Sidd

Emperor Sidd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 February 2022 - 17:09

100% agree with EpicPiety,

If I may be blunt, you guys don't play FallenSword to understand what the players want, and nor do you survey/focus group your ideas. The world map is not the "center" of Fallensword. So much of the game is just waiting for stamina, even the new players get 2k-3k stamina from doing the early quests which means waiting for 24 hrs before you "hunt", there is so much to the game but you have nested it all under unlabeled icons. If you want to improve retention, show players there is more to do in the game than just waiting for stamina.

Edited by Emperor Sidd, 18 February 2022 - 17:11.

#15 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 February 2022 - 15:03

Thank you both for the continued feedback on this, we understand the reasoning for this request but we have to stand by our previous comment that this is not the time to implement such a big change! Sorry that this is not the response you were hoping for, but know we do like the idea and will keep note of it for future development.

~Conix

#16 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 February 2022 - 15:05

Hi Tilley,

I have looked into this and it is working as intended. Any attack from the player profile will result in a normal pvp attack, where as opening from fight player panel will trigger specific types of attacks (normal, ladder, bounty, guild). The ladder tab itself that you are using is designed more as a leaderboard and an area to opt in/out. The fight player tab was designed as a hub to access all types of available pvp from a single location. I understand this is not overly clear and we will look into ways to improve this for a future update, but for now it is working as intended.

~Conix

#17 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 February 2022 - 18:10

Hi Tilley,

I have looked into this and it is working as intended. Any attack from the player profile will result in a normal pvp attack, where as opening from fight player panel will trigger specific types of attacks (normal, ladder, bounty, guild). The ladder tab itself that you are using is designed more as a leaderboard and an area to opt in/out. The fight player tab was designed as a hub to access all types of available pvp from a single location. I understand this is not overly clear and we will look into ways to improve this for a future update, but for now it is working as intended.

~Conix

Hello,

This feels counterintuitive to me. While I am on the PvP Ladder screen and opted in, I would like to do ladder hits, not normal hits. The same thing would go for the bounty hunting screen. Please strongly consider reverting this so while on the PvP ladder screen, any attack would be a ladder attack. It was like this on previous app versions.

#18 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2022 - 14:05

Hello,

This feels counterintuitive to me. While I am on the PvP Ladder screen and opted in, I would like to do ladder hits, not normal hits. The same thing would go for the bounty hunting screen. Please strongly consider reverting this so while on the PvP ladder screen, any attack would be a ladder attack. It was like this on previous app versions.

Hi Tilley,

I have just updated the pvp section of the game based on your feedback. The HUB has been disabled and the Fight Players tab now only shows suggested players. Options to attack have been added to both the ladder tab and bounties, so each tab should function more closely to the original design again. Please let us know how you find this when it becomes available in the next update.

~Conix

#19 Edith3000

Edith3000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 February 2022 - 15:21

For the ads, earlier the back button was good enough to go back to the app menu and wait for the next available ad to load. Now only the tiny forward button and the cross works. Back button was so much easier! (Edited to add: I have Yeti fingers  :P)

Edited by Edith3000, 28 February 2022 - 15:22.

uvG2ReE.jpg

#20 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2022 - 15:58

For the ads, earlier the back button was good enough to go back to the app menu and wait for the next available ad to load. Now only the tiny forward button and the cross works. Back button was so much easier! (Edited to add: I have Yeti fingers  :P)

Hi Edith,

Would you be able to clarify if this issue is with the ad player, or with the game itself? If its with the ad player then I am afraid there is nothing we can do. We use a service to display ads in game and as a result we have no control over how it works. If this is however an issue with the app then we can look into it, would you be able to provide more details on which back button you are referring to? If you have steps we can follow then that will help us find the issue. Any screenshots you may be able to provide us would be really helpful too!

~Conix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: