Photo

normal 100 stam hits counted towards medal ?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 29 May 2020 - 02:45

ok im bring it up again ,cause i cant see how you can exploit it 

-you can only 100 stam a player every hour (same as ladder)

-you can get posted on bb (wait not same as ladder)

-you can only go 10 levels above or below (ladder upto 500 levels )

so not sure why normal 100 stam pvp hits arn't included in medal count

5aZzW0p.png,

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:25

I wasn't here in the beginning, but I think it's because those opposed to PvP were highly upset that the smasher medal could be obtained via normal PvP, so it was restricted to ladder and BB hits only....  I could be wrong about this, but considering most changes to PvP derived from the protests of those against it, it seems to be logical that this is also the reasoning.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:42

I wasn't here in the beginning, but I think it's because those opposed to PvP were highly upset that the smasher medal could be obtained via normal PvP, so it was restricted to ladder and BB hits only....  I could be wrong about this, but considering most changes to PvP derived from the protests of those against it, it seems to be logical that this is also the reasoning.

You're right, people started to complain about getting hit on a game which PvP was encouraged (at the begining at least), and HCS removed the open PvP hits from the Smasher Medal to discourage PvPers to play a normal allowed aspect of the game.

#4 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:13

You're right, people started to complain about getting hit on a game which PvP was encouraged (at the begining at least), and HCS removed the open PvP hits from the Smasher Medal to discourage PvPers to play a normal allowed aspect of the game.

yea but thats what the bounty board was for if you hit someone ,they post you 

cant see why it was changed in a pvp game ,if they dont want pvp take it out of game completely

imo a 100 stam hit is a 100 stam hit weather its  on bb ,ladder or in general play

if they wanted to discourage  pvp in game why put them in daily quests ?

Edited by activeh1, 29 May 2020 - 07:13.

5aZzW0p.png,

#5 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:18

yea but thats what the bounty board was for if you hit someone ,they post you 

cant see why it was changed in a pvp game ,if they dont want pvp take it out of game completely

imo a 100 stam hit is a 100 stam hit weather its  on bb ,ladder or in general play

if they wanted to discourage  pvp in game why put them in daily quests ?

I agree with you on all that, just telling what happened.

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 May 2020 - 07:50

It's an endless circle.... PvPer's have long been hated for playing the whole game.  It's not right, but it's what we have.  PvP used to be a wonderful glorious part of the game and I derived much joy from it, but with the attitudes that prevail today, it has lost its luster for me. 

I understand that for most, it's no fun being smashed for no better reason than the pursuit of a medal.  And here in the mid ranges, there are few eligible players for a PvP DQ, and they rarely have gold to steal anyway, which is what made PvP so vibrant in the first place.  Sportsmanship has been thrown out the window, and there's seems to be a lack of loyalty between allies anymore as well.  PvP in all forms has become a dirty word for some.  Even GvG is frowned upon by a large chunk of the community as a whole.

I wish the whole PvP system could return to the ways of the beginning, where every hit outside of GvG exchanged PvP ratings, and the BB was lit up daily and you had to scramble to be the first to finish a bounty. The days before the smasher medal were much more fun IMHO.   

But those days are long gone.  IDK whether opening up the smasher medal for all hits would improve matters or not. What I do know that it's unlikely that Hoof would consider doing so though.   

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#7 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:10

i agree penny was here for all that myself 

still cant see why normal pvp is excluded ,but i know it wont be changed was just wondering why its excluded ,when the person hitting has more to loose than a player on the ladder ;

imo the ladder is just an easy way to get the medal ,plus they get rewarded to be in there ?

not many carry gold on them anymore ,those that do cant get hit by anyone cause they have used there 10mil stam and just gone crazy and leveled above everyone ,or have found a level where no one is in range to hit them 

hence no one is pvping anymore 

5aZzW0p.png,

#8 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 02:17

Good try. Cows repealed allowing "normal" PvP hits from counting towards Stomper medal less then 24 hrs after medal was introduced to appease all the non-pvp crowd. Whatever has been established to date, and for a few years actually, is the way the game will remain. Hoof updates have ceased. It's plain as day.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#9 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 31 May 2020 - 07:09

Good try. Cows repealed allowing "normal" PvP hits from counting towards Stomper medal less then 24 hrs after medal was introduced to appease all the non-pvp crowd. Whatever has been established to date, and for a few years actually, is the way the game will remain. Hoof updates have ceased. It's plain as day.

You are in my opinion one of the best brains in this game to date SweetLou, so good to see you still bother to post, grats on the recent medal too! Ironic its timing with this post!

#10 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 16:20

One more comment on this topic I wanted to make was the allocation of Prestige. Prestige has always needed to be relative to stam usage, like leveling. It isn't and therefore opens the game up to trading abuse. 10 stam attacks need to earn 1 prestige, while 100 stam should equal 10. It's that simple. To stay consistent 100 stams on BB should earn 10 as well. Keep the 3 day cool down, but the trading abuse hurts the integrity of the game. Again, I post these ideas without any expectation that they will even be considered but I like to dispense my logical experience from over a decade of playing.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#11 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 02 June 2020 - 23:36

One more comment on this topic I wanted to make was the allocation of Prestige. Prestige has always needed to be relative to stam usage, like leveling. It isn't and therefore opens the game up to trading abuse. 10 stam attacks need to earn 1 prestige, while 100 stam should equal 10. It's that simple. To stay consistent 100 stams on BB should earn 10 as well. Keep the 3 day cool down, but the trading abuse hurts the integrity of the game. Again, I post these ideas without any expectation that they will even be considered but I like to dispense my logical experience from over a decade of playing.

100 % agree with all you say there 

5aZzW0p.png,

#12 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 19:58

One man developer.

#13 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 20:44

you asking why normal 100 stam hits not counted towards medal?

answering to your question is easy, because it will increasing pvp activity and everyone knowing for years that anything that increasing pvp activity was getting removing and no-pvpers was having more voting and listening too, they are reason why pvp goting watering down for years but they saying it is pvpers fault, they wanting it, what pvper wanting decreasing pvp activity, this not logic

when hcs making smasher medal, you was getting progress from all pvp hittings (ladder, bounty board and normal hits)

this giving increase to pvp activity and of course no-pvpers hating it and starting crying, I thinking after 1 or 2 days of they crying very much, normal hits gotting removing from smasher medal

they crying that they were getting bullying, pvp is bully, go asking everyone who old pvper what no-pvpers calling pvp? they saying I getting bullying instead I getting pvp, this not joke

this good bro but will never happening

you not remembering when this idea getting posting in forum why it getting a no?

no-pvpers saying it would increasing pvp and bullying (pvp for them is bullying lol) and they winning everytime, sad

#14 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:34

Kind of a side point, but how about decreasing the cost to bounty people from 100 gold per level to say 30 gold per level? I know it sounds anti-pvp at first, but how many bounties are on the board usually? 1, maybe 2? To me that says there is no incentive to bounty or the cost is too high for the benefit you receive from it. More BB posts means people can reasonably earn the BB medal a little easier and an opportunity for smashers to earn their smasher medal as well. Plus if the cost goes down, your more likely to see prestige and DQ hits bountied. 

I'm also in favor of the game randomly posting players to the BB for fun as well. 

Edited by Windbattle, 02 July 2020 - 07:37.

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:50

1. Kind of a side point, but how about decreasing the cost to bounty people from 100 gold per level to say 30 gold per level? I know it sounds anti-pvp at first, but how many bounties are on the board usually? 1, maybe 2? To me that says there is no incentive to bounty or the cost is too high for the benefit you receive from it. More BB posts means people can reasonably earn the BB medal a little easier and an opportunity for smashers to earn their smasher medal as well. Plus if the cost goes down, your more likely to see prestige and DQ hits bountied. 

2. I'm also in favor of the game randomly posting players to the BB for fun as well. 

Point 1. YES

Point 2. No

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: