#1 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 October 2021 - 04:07

Recent new updates kinda "broke" the mailbox....
No longer are loyalty items, invented items or things from global or epic chests sent to our mailboxes...

Halloween fast approaches, with many that will be hunting for Zombie Brews.... But opening the coffins will flood many backpacks.  I feel this will take much of the fun out of the festivities, and give an unfair advantage to those with the resources to have massive backpacks....

I humbly ask for the cows to address this issue sooner rather than later.... although it may seem to be a minor problem, I can assure you that in the long run, it really isn't.

Edited by BadPenny, 12 October 2021 - 04:08.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#2 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 October 2021 - 04:37

Im sure it still works the same as last time. Also on that note, if you don't have the backpack to hold the brews, whats the point of the mail box? They will disappear after 24 hours because you don't have the space to hold them. You could place the brews in auction for an hour and end up in mail box.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#3 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 09:33

That makes sense, everyone used to open the coffins, leave whatever isn't ZBs in the mailbox to expire and collect the ZBs...Now that's going to be a nightmare having all the extracted items going to the backpack.

I for one preferred how the Mailbox was before that update, if we could choose I'd come back to the old way.

#4 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 10:34

That makes sense, everyone used to open the coffins, leave whatever isn't ZBs in the mailbox to expire and collect the ZBs...Now that's going to be a nightmare having all the extracted items going to the backpack.

I for one preferred how the Mailbox was before that update, if we could choose I'd come back to the old way.

Me too.  The old way also made it easier to complete inventing DQ's and then deal with the items after.

Screenshot everything!

#5 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 12:46

I prefer it the previous way 100%.

Edited by EpicPiety, 12 October 2021 - 12:46.

#6 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 18:21

Previous way please 

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 12 October 2021 - 19:53

Im sure it still works the same as last time. Also on that note, if you don't have the backpack to hold the brews, whats the point of the mail box? They will disappear after 24 hours because you don't have the space to hold them. You could place the brews in auction for an hour and end up in mail box.

Not sure if this is a troll or not, but regardless, I feel I must reply....

As others have said here, it's not just a ZB in a coffin, it could be revenant corpses, or, Gloop, which, of course, has no use except to kick off a round of BG cackling gleefully...

The corpses, ofc, are useful to those who invent items from the LE's, but those are mostly released a bit later than the GE, and few, if anyone, will be willing to buy something from the AH that they can just as easily acquire for free...
And there is also the fact that even those of us with a middling adequate amount of BP slots have far fewer AH slots...   
Mailboxes are infinite for the most part, limited only to the ticking of the clock...

Newer players will struggle just to keep up, and, I fear that many will just say to heck with it, throw in the towel, and move onto a more modern game with bells and whistles and cutesie music and graphics... Therefore, I still believe that addressing this issue one way or the other is vital for the health of FS in general...

Thoughts, cows?

Edited by BadPenny, 12 October 2021 - 19:53.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#8 Alisa

Alisa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2021 - 00:00

Newer players will struggle just to keep up, and, I fear that many will just say to heck with it, throw in the towel, and move onto a more modern game with bells and whistles and cutesie music and graphics..

the "What about the new players" again huh.. i don't care for them to be honest. what is a level 1-100 gonna do with a zombie brew? they have 500 stamina. if they leave because of something like this then good riddance. eliminate the weak.

i actually did forget about all the items coffin drops. yeah it would suck trying to clean the junk out. i do hope cows haven't changed where the items go when opening a coffin.

sigma_468x60.jpg

#9 winemaker

winemaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:18

OMG Yes Please!!! 

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 14:00

the "What about the new players" again huh.. i don't care for them to be honest. what is a level 1-100 gonna do with a zombie brew? they have 500 stamina. if they leave because of something like this then good riddance. eliminate the weak.

i actually did forget about all the items coffin drops. yeah it would suck trying to clean the junk out. i do hope cows haven't changed where the items go when opening a coffin.

No, Alisa, this isn't just a "new players" issue, this is an "everybody" issue

Level makes no difference when it comes to the mailbox.. especially when it comes to a Seasonal Global Event that historically relies heavily on its use....

Anything constructive you have to say here is great, your opinions in regards to the topic at hand is as important as anyone else's

but please, derogatory statements about any portion of the FS community helps no one... 

Edited by BadPenny, 13 October 2021 - 14:15.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2021 - 14:32

I've asked the guys to look into this but no promises.

~ Grim

#12 Edith3000

Edith3000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 04:09

+1 to the older mailboxes.

uvG2ReE.jpg

#13 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 19:55

new players (bc don't know), some returning players (bc forgot), and some inventors (bc save a step in collecting invented items) may find the mailbox a problem. remember invented items last only an hour.

1. in another post, i don't remember which, some players preferred the bp destination. why they aren't commenting? idk

2. could change time invented items last in mailbox, but some players rely on invented items being removed in an hour as bp/mailbox management.

3. i would prefer choice given to player via preferences.

my belated 2 cents

#14 Edith3000

Edith3000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 16:53

i would prefer choice given to player via preferences.

This is also a good suggestion. Let people have that choice.

uvG2ReE.jpg

#15 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 19:43

Give bigger discount during BP flash sale before the event :)

I have aided some of my guildmates with invent DQs and even then it is time consuming for them when their internet connection is below par.

For example, to do a invent 40 items DQ making mystic pick axe, 2 items are required per invention.

So that is 79 BP slots needed to start (gotta keep 1 slot open for 1st invention). 

Point being, a player would need a minimum of 40 BP slots and 40 AH slots to Complete the DQ and save the invented items to resell to pay for cost of potions used to do the DQ.

Where do I come in? I hold all the other items dropped while player is farming pickaxes so the items can be sold to buy potions for the next DQ.

In many cases the player has maybe <10 open slots to use for inventing so that make for a long long DQ evening :P

It dont matter to me one way or the other as I got the storage, yet, 80% of FS community doesnt!

ummm...what were we discussing?

#16 Edith3000

Edith3000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 15:13

Thank you Cows for reverting to the older mailbox system!!!! :) :) :)

uvG2ReE.jpg

#17 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2021 - 15:32

You're welcome. :)

~ Grim

#18 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 October 2021 - 15:36

You're welcome. :)

~ Grim

Seems the SE Kill Log is broken now tho :(

\

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 October 2021 - 15:38

Seems the SE Kill Log is broken now tho :(

\

How so? More information helps us track down issues.

~ Grim

#20 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 October 2021 - 15:44

How so? More information helps us track down issues.

~ Grim

it's not reporting the latest kills ... 

Last kill showing is Baron, at 11.58

I've killed at least 10-15 of the new SE's in the last 30 mins or so and none are showing..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: