#1 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 05 July 2013 - 13:57

I am considering doing a talent re-spec, and since it's so very expensive in EP to do so, I would like be able to plan out my point assignments ahead of time, trade points off for various benefits, etc.  Normally, most games with talent trees have planner webpages - understandably, since the game is still in beta this has been deferred by HCS for higher-priority tasks.

So, as a substitute, can HCS give the rule(s) for how many points needed in each tier or lower tiers in general for the next tier in a talent tree to open up?  I got the impression that 4 points are needed in tier 1 before tier 2 opens up for selection, is this accurate, is the pattern general and is the requirement for points assigned in the current highest tier or anywhere in the talent tree in question? (Obviously there are some talents that require specific predecessor talents to be opened up at all, like the 2 talents in the Mage tree that are dependent on Miasma being already selected, but I am looking for the more general rule here.)

I am used to playing in games that have been heavily theory-crafted (and re-specs being a lot less painful) so I have been delaying updating my ad-hoc leveling spec now that I am at the current level 35 cap.   There are several points I took earlier that I regret now.

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#2 Dusty Monk

Dusty Monk

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 14:19

These things (planners) are usually done by someone in the community I believe.

If you hover over a talent it will tell you how many points need to be spent to unlock the talent. Abilities that are given by talents usually also have a level requirement. This can also be seen by hovering over the appropriate talent in the talent "tree".

#3 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 July 2013 - 14:21

If you open up the talent panels and hover over the talents the tooltip will tell you how many points you need in different places before that talent becomes available. In general the tiers increase in this pattern: 3, 6, 9, 12, 16, 20, 24, 30. Double check the tree you're interested in before you assign your points, but that pattern is relatively uniform across all the trees.

#4 WowRefugee

WowRefugee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 05 July 2013 - 15:08

Duh, you are both right - it's right there in the tool-tip.  That's what one gets for not reading carefully.   And from what it says, it's points assigned anywhere in the tree in question.  Which makes planning a lot easier, anyway.

I may take an interest in doing a simple planner myself.   A logical place to locate it would be the Wiki, which currently does not seem to have much going on - might help generate interest there and build more useful articles.  (I confess I hardly ever go there myself, these forums are far more relevant for any issue - a self-reinforcing problem.)   I am wondering if HCS would object to the reuse of the talent graphics (which are copyrighted content, of course) in such a community talent planner.

A Text-Based Talent Calculator For Eldevin: http://TalentTheory.com/calc/

Current Characters: Salador, Serculer, Aquinas

#5 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge
  • Austria

Posted 05 July 2013 - 15:34

I just miss the FallenSword Wiki. :(

~ Be a friendly Founder. Help Newcomers. ~

Char 1: Kyrion - Ranger - lvl 49

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: