11 replies to this topic

#1 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 13:58

I would like to see some widgets on my screen. They could be switched on and off in options and be repositionable. Positions would be saved when you logout.

• Clock
    When in full screen mode I can't tell what time it is. A clock widget would be useful. Also handy for timing cooldowns and next mana potion fix.
    MBmatv7.png
  • Flags
    Handy for showing status like 'Available for RG/BT/ASV/ARG', 'Selling Coal', 'Buying Ruby'
    cBf49QI.png
  • Stock Phrases
    When you are in a dungeon there isn't time to type important things so have a Stock Phrases widget to 'speech bubble' text.
    Un9hIZL.png
  • Extra Potion Bar
    Four just isn't enough
    9qfIk5R.png
    I get round it by using the little 4 slot bag but it isn't perfect because you have to ctrl-click
    081UCr7.png
  • Tool Bar
    A widget for your fighting tools so you can quick change your crappy longbow to your kiting crossbow. Some mechanism for properly equipping a knife so that it doesn't swap one knife for another but equips your knife in the shield slot.
    X3SB3hI.png
    You would just click the tool to equip it not right-click and choose equip. A temporary workaround would be to have packs that you can resize to short and wide or tall and narrow. Or just sell packs that aren't square.

#2 Kijjum

Kijjum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Badge

Posted 18 June 2014 - 17:19

I like some of these  :)

#3 Crofil

Crofil

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 21:24

some great ideas in here :D

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#4 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2014 - 22:58

yes please :)

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#5 Rolantis

Rolantis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 June 2014 - 23:49

Had to log back in for this.  Great ideas B)

#6 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:46

What about  a dangerous gathering widget? When i am gathering in a dangerous place i don't want to see the full invent window open to keep an eye on my stock. It takes up  too much space. A small widget that can fit under the chat widget in the wasted space would be great (although it would be repositionable.) The slots would work like the potions slots and give you a total of the item in your invent. If you want to quickly check the sacks the sacks link would be there too, instead of having to open the invent and then clicking on the sacks link.

DOM1n6F.png

Edited by ZeusIV, 23 June 2014 - 12:51.

#7 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:19

I never bothered about the durability of my armour and weapons. When I died and resurected I'd just repair. Tanks and the heavy mob put it off until the last minute and then use a repair kit because their repair expenses are so high.

That is until I got the new Fabled Longbow! This tool must have the worst durability of any in Eldevin. You don't even need to die but only kill mobs for an hour and the thing is nearly bust. A few times I've been ported to a dungeon only to have the stuff in need of repair popup appear on my screen. So what about a durability widget up there in the top left corner where you check your status before you go into battle.

uVhplfA.png

The green part would show the percentage of the lowest item, yellow the gap to the best item and red the percent damaged.

After a repair it would look like this MlqfwVy.png (all green and comforting :)

After a long stint in Rumbles Grotto 8PqibDa.png (or probably the normal situation for the heavy mob)

You could see at a glance that if there wasn't any green showing something has broken and you could avoid situations like this.

Healer: Hey tank has something broken?

Tank: Oh yeh some of my armour is snafu, hang on let me change my shorts

Healer: Oh Sh*t, everyone RUN!!!!

#8 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 14:21

A little bit more advanced than the Gathering Widget could be the Shopping List Widget. Now that the game is awash with materials from TA I just go to the bank and transfer all the materials I need for my dailies into my inventory, run to the TA Shop and transfer them into real materials and run around handing them in. I know that I have exactly the right number of mats to complete my dailies without having to run around getting more or having materials left over at the end.

MeqWihP.png

The materials in the Shopping List widget wouldn't be real but just the number you need to complete your dailies. If the number of items in your inventory is less than the number in the shopping list then the number required could be in red and you keep gathering or transferring from your Stash until you have enough.

The buttons on the left are for tabs

Raw materials 

Bought materials (rough polish, grinding stones etc)

Potions you want to craft (to maintain regular stock level)

Food you want to craft (to maintain regular stock level)

p.s. you could make it craftable at level 40 like the mounts. you would need cotton and wood to make the paper and iron for the pen and some blueberry juice for the ink

p.p.s it would work like the 'Shop' tab in Zeus' Eldevin Spreadsheet http://forums.hunted...et/#entry889631

the game already knows the skill level and items in the inventory  :P

Edited by ZeusIV, 14 September 2014 - 14:21.

#9 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 16:28

To go with the Shopping List there could be a Shopping Trolley that is a cross between a mount and storage. While riding it crafted goods are put in it and when you turn in your dailies you just ride up to the trainer and get him to take the required items. It also could be crafted using iron and wood at level 40.

Here is me riding my Shopping Trolley mount  :)

qwFQsI7.png

Edited by ZeusIV, 03 September 2014 - 16:29.

#10 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 16:07

You could have a special Trolley Park backpack. Then you could do all your dailies in one go and take out a trolley each day to hand in. Great for Saturday's when there isn't time to do dailies or if you are going on holiday you could stack em up and then get to an internet cafe for 10 mins a day to hand them in :)

7JSOrie.png

Trolleys could be a random reward for fishing in ponds or the EC fountain just like where you find them in Scotland :)

#11 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:43

we really need a way to quick change weapons

what about a widget like this?

vgIjHhc.png

sits in the corner of the screen but can be moved

combines a pack with the character window

you could quickly drag weapons from the 'pack' to the 'character'

it isn't a problem for most classes but it is really needed for rangers

come on give us some love

#12 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:31

*bump* because this is quite creative and fun ideas.   that shopping cart lmaoo, oh giggles.   :P

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: