• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 rowdye

rowdye

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:08

Since the new updates have been made are we looking at any new buffs being introduced at level 1600. Involving that change will we be getting any free skill resets anytime soon based on this new update? If not is there any free skill reset coming along the road anytime soon? Thanks

#2 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:12

....any free skill resets....

I wish the cows would stiffen up this time and not give out a reset....they give us so much all the time, why should we get a reset when we have known for a while that buffs are coming out at 1600?

People don't need to have all the new buffs the day they come out

#3 rowdye

rowdye

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:18

Well did we get a reset at all the day the last new buffs enter FS? Such as enchantment buffs and all those other new ones? How are we allowed to catch up with the skills? I'm no where near that level but i have a few friends around that level that wouldn't mind a free reset. At least with a reset we will be able to have all the 2nd latest buffs introduced maxed out. We would still be a step down with skills but at least by one 1 main level difference. If they introduce new buffs at level 1700 and then allow a reset we will be 2 main levels differences behind never having a maximum skill until 2 level ranges higher. For ex. A level 1500 player would only have buffs near level 1300. Now its okay but at his level why should he have skills around his level or closer? My opinion is that a reset is needed. Or a reset should be introduced every certain amount of skills introduced. Or allow a reset as a gold upgrade purchase

#4 Removed94

Removed94

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:42

there's an option to pay for a skill point reset if it is wanted

#5 3JS

3JS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:46

A level 1600 player should have enough skill points saved up that a skill reset isn't needed to get the new ones. If they don't...Oh well.

#6 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:50

Well did we get a reset at all the day the last new buffs enter FS?

Yes, we did.
And I still haven't used mine. I had enough skill points saved to get all the useful level 1400 skills when they got released.
And I will also enough skill points for the useful level 1600 skills because I planned ahead.

I have all my skills listed in my bio. It's quite a long list of skills. And still I currently have 2239 skill points unassigned.
When I reach 1600 I will have 2489 skill points available for new skills. That's enough for 16 skills.

A level 1600 player has 8,000 skill points.
A bit of planning ahead is all it takes to have access to good buffs... :roll:

i have a few friends around that level that wouldn't mind a free reset. At least with a reset we will be able to have all the 2nd latest buffs introduced maxed out. We would still be a step down with skills but at least by one 1 main level difference. If they introduce new buffs at level 1700 and then allow a reset we will be 2 main levels differences behind never having a maximum skill until 2 level ranges higher. For ex. A level 1500 player would only have buffs near level 1300. Now its okay but at his level why should he have skills around his level or closer? My opinion is that a reset is needed. Or a reset should be introduced every certain amount of skills introduced. Or allow a reset as a gold upgrade purchase

I don't think there has to be a reset for the level 1600 skills.
Players at that level have known for ages that there will be new level 1600 skills coming out someday. They could easily have saved some of their skill points.

Even if they'd spent all their skill points at level 1400 then by the time they reach level 1600 they'd still have 1000 skill points to spend from those 200 levels. That would get them 6 skills (and a 7th after 10 more levels).

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#7 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:23

Even if they'd spent all their skill points at level 1400 then by the time they reach level 1600 they'd still have 1000 skill points to spend from those 200 levels. That would get them 6 skills (and a 7th after 10 more levels).

Couldn't agree more ...

#8 aa0007

aa0007

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:04

Couldn't agree more ...

Same, got mine 200 levels ago and still haven't used mine, and don't plan on doing so for a very long time.

#9 smileynirv

smileynirv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:59

i think there is a player that wants a "free skill reset" i wont tell you his name as im sure its quite obvious. level up a bit and get free skills that way.

#10 goldlee02

goldlee02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 17:45

ok if we do not get a free reset how about 75 fsp or 50? or a free reset for 2 skills

#11 LLAP

LLAP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 18:16

ok if we do not get a free reset how about 75 fsp or 50? or a free reset for 2 skills

If the way all the new skills have come into the game come in the same manner, it is safe to say we will get a free skill reset. But we played rely too much on things and become dependant on them. When they is no guarantee and completely from HCS' good heart.
We don't need one, like someone has already said, they plan in advance for next teir buffs, like I do myself. It isn't difficult, just need to use a little brain power. That seems hard for some.....

#12 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:22

No Free Reset! I Still have my previous one. and I had the one prior to that one days before the other reset came..

All it takes is PLANNING. And you should be prepared for when new buffs come out.

And why is a guy below level 300 asking for a reset? lol Someone didn't prepare, at all it seems..

#13 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:38

So let m get this straight,,We need to only get a few skills so we can save our skill points for buffs that we are not sure if we even want or if they are worth the points....Now this sure makes lot sense,,,Just get few buffs and save skill points,,,lmao(And if we are lvlers and pvp`rs and gvg`rs i suppose we just buy buffs from each different field) Or we can get some of each and not have to pay buff sellers,,,,hmm

#14 fs_centus

fs_centus
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:45

Even I did like to agree with all of you, I don't think I understand what the problem would be?, are players want to have 'patent' of the new buffs cause they "planned out"?, well, I see it as if everyone at 1,600+ had the new ones it could work down the prices alittle do to some competitive prices, also the new buffs should sink some stamina too, right?

Cheers

Centus

#15 chasblade

chasblade

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:47

I for one have a pile of points and a free reset at my disposal so I am unconcerned if they give a new one or not. However I would be annoyed if I were L1K or higher and had assigned points to say coordinated attack and they release blazing cave pot making the buff well nigh useless.

#16 Thriceborn

Thriceborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:58

And why is a guy below level 300 asking for a reset? lol Someone didn't prepare, at all it seems..

Because there are very few buffs worth the skill points below that level, maybe? And lower level players are less likely to know the value of buffs than higher level players? And skill points can be pretty tight around that level, even if you're frugal?

I have sometimes thought that the first time you allocate attribute points after level 25, 50, or even 100, you should get a prompt asking if you want to reset your skill points.

I do agree that we are not entitled to any free resets, and probably shouldn't expect them, but it shouldn't be hard to see why many people would want one - especially if existing buffs get shuffled around.

#17 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:30

So let me get this straight. We need to only get a few skills so we can save our skill points for buffs that we are not sure if we even want or if they are worth the points....

With a "few skills" you mean 45 skills?? :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

A level 1600 player has 8,000 skill points. If all skills require 150 skill points then a player at level 1600 can have 53 skills and have 50 skill points left.
There are some skills that are still very useful with less skills points in them (Death Dealer 1, Quest Finder 1, Doubler 125, Vision 125, etc.), but let's keep it simple and assume it takes 150 points per skill.

If a players gets 45 skills then he/she has enough points at level 1600 to get another 8 skills (and have 50 points left).
Suppose she/he gets all those 8 skills at 1600 and saved all the skill points after 1600.
Then at level 1800 (when the next batch of skills are released) she/he will have 1050 skill points to spend on level 1800 buffs (50 + 200*5 = 1050). That's enough for 7 level 1800 skills.

The number of skills available per level are:
700 - 6
800 - 5
900 - 9
1000 - 12
1200 - 12
1400 - 9

Not all skills are that useful for everyone's playing style so I have no doubt that with being able to pick "only" 7 skills per 200 levels a player can get all the useful skills and even a few less useful ones.

I don't see a good reason why everyone should get a free skill reset every time new skills are released at the highest levels.
You know there will be new skills at 1600 and you know some might be useful.
Just save a few points and spend "only" 85% of your points if you want level 1600 skills.

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#18 Tazarian

Tazarian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Canada

Posted 26 December 2012 - 17:43

Well, a free reset is just that, a free reset. If HCS gives it to us, I'll have it sitting in my back pocket (if I ever need it). If they don't give it to us, no big loss.

I myself plan out my buffs 2 to 3 buff levels ahead of time (and get buffs that stack with each other to use). So, I have no use for a reset.

I agree, if you plan it out, you never need to reset buffs cause you have a guide of where you want to go with them made ahead of time.

As for a gold upgrade for a single skill reset, that's not bad of an idea (solves a few issues for reduing skills) and, a good gold sink as well.

IMO, HCS doesn't need to give us anything but, skills that work without any problems and, the ability to input into what new skills will be coming out.:)

#19 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 19:16

It's not that difficult to figure out, guys.. Maybe if you didn't go crazy spending your skill points and actually did some planning ahead, you wouldn't be asking for a reset. I'll be able to choose 3-4-5 of the new 1600 buffs if I so desire. And I have all the buffs I want for the most part.

#20 DarthViper

DarthViper

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:51

A free reset would probably be welcome by the majority of players, but I don't feel the cows by any means 'owe' a reset to the players who spent their skill points recklessly, nor are they obligated to.

Did you know that there are likely over 2000 rouge black holes in our galaxy alone. Each of them can reach very high speeds, even in space terms, are each capable of destroying anything in their path, and are invisible. Well, goodnight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: