BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 February 2015 - 20:46

For once I will agree with you.

What isn't dead are players lying down when you tap them for what you think will be a simple Prestige hit. On some yes they will let it go or best yet hit back, but be careful. Players are still getting dropped 5 for 10 stam hits or even a deflect, then they play the forum, or bio, or Shoutbox warrior reaction which quite honestly just adds fuel to the fire. But I encourage players to continue playing the victim role, we need plenty of them to keep the game going.

I've lost my share of levels from prestige and I am more often as not a level or two down when I start my hunt.  It's a hassle, but par for the course.  I can accept that.  I can accept a 10 stam tag back as well.  Losing 5 levels for a 10 stam prestige hit or deflected attack is lame, though. It's one thing if I stole your gold, or smashed you on the board for no reason, but the punishment should fit the crime, and being hammered for a simple prestige hit is excessive and just not nice.  Some folks take that 80K XP and the handful of gold that they lost to me way too seriously, though, and even some are under the impression that when I get 10 Prestige points, that they lose them....  Guys, you can only earn the prestige, and only by PvP... You can never lose them till you use them ;)   

Just my opinion here, so please, don't accuse me of whining (yeah, I hear you thinking it).  

Edited by BadPenny, 07 February 2015 - 20:48.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#22 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 21:03

Prestige does not mean safe pvp. If you want the bonus PvP prestige provides then you gotta take the risk to earn it. That means sometimes you are gonna lose 5 for the risk. If you can't take it, don't dish it. Especially these prestige hitters who think they can keep hitting the same people every 3 days without consequence. Suck it up Cupcake! This is what you signed up for when you hit that button that says Attack.

#23 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 21:56

Losing 5 levels for a 10 stam prestige hit or deflected attack is lame, though.

Put it into perspective. Is it lame to you if the hitter continues hitting and the attacked doesn't hit back? When is it too many attacks? These are all subjective answers and vary from player to player and guild to guild. I will continue to smack players who need to learn that there are some you can attack, and nothing will happen, and there are others where something retaliatory occurs. I need more stomper tics until Diamante anyway. Maybe they learn, maybe they won't until they lose dozens of levels. It's just a game and these numbers are fictional fun. The more anyone takes it personally the more injury they will incur.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#24 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 22:10

<stuff> Maybe they learn, maybe they won't until they lose dozens of levels. It's just a game and these numbers are fictional fun. The more anyone takes it personally the more injury they will incur.

Is it just me that is confused? So is it fictional fun or injury?

Regardless I think this is a horrible attitude. Trying to drive out the most passionate from the game (those that take it personally).

Unwritten rules for noobs who may one day want o try pvp:

- don't take things personally or you will get attacked more.

- don't say stuff in forums or bio or anything else.

- don't clear bounty when it's about to expire.

- no double dipping

- no 9x100 attacks

- no attitude

- don't take pvp guild relics

I think there is more but too many for me to remember...

Edited by yotwehc, 07 February 2015 - 22:16.

#25 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 February 2015 - 22:16

Put it into perspective. Is it lame to you if the hitter continues hitting and the attacked doesn't hit back? When is it too many attacks? These are all subjective answers and vary from player to player and guild to guild. I will continue to smack players who need to learn that there are some you can attack, and nothing will happen, and there are others where something retaliatory occurs. I need more stomper tics until Diamante anyway. Maybe they learn, maybe they won't until they lose dozens of levels. It's just a game and these numbers are fictional fun. The more anyone takes it personally the more injury they will incur.

Repeated attacks are one thing.... that's not friendly at all.  I don't do that though, I'm not even doing it every 3 days anymore, and I do try to make things as painless as possible.  But as I said, the line needs to be drawn somewhere... People get all bent out of shape over a game, for Crissakes'... how lame is that?  It's all just pixels.  And as I said, I'm just stating my humble opinion, of which, just like another body part I will not mention here, everybody has one.  They are entitled, just as I am.  Think of me as you will.  I have my own standards just like everybody else, and I am capable of exercising some modicum of self-control, and some level of respect... I just can't say that about everybody , I wish I could, but I can't.  (I don't mean you, Lu, you have my undying respect, as you always have.)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#26 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 22:37

@yotwehc. (Sorry on phone can't quote)

Just to help me understand the other side of it, where do you see an issue with the attitude in these posts? I truly do not understand the free prestige mentality. That is a sincere question not any attempt to start issues. But why do so many expect free hits?

BTW, relics are free game; take a bounty whenever you want, post whatever on the forums; double dip; ect.... The game allows it and therefore no one can tell you not to do it except HCS. But go into things with some common sense. For every action there is a reaction..and some guilds respond better then others. Hitting some players will result in immediate lose of levels. No questions, no take back, just smashing. Don't give us bounties and you don't get stomped as a result. Very simple...

#27 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 23:14

@yotwehc. (Sorry on phone can't quote)

Just to help me understand the other side of it, where do you see an issue with the attitude in these posts? I truly do not understand the free prestige mentality. That is a sincere question not any attempt to start issues. But why do so many expect free hits?

BTW, relics are free game; take a bounty whenever you want, post whatever on the forums; double dip; ect.... The game allows it and therefore no one can tell you not to do it except HCS. But go into things with some common sense. For every action there is a reaction..and some guilds respond better then others. Hitting some players will result in immediate lose of levels. No questions, no take back, just smashing. Don't give us bounties and you don't get stomped as a result. Very simple...

I'm not arguing the prestige thing. You reap what you sow... I guess re-reading the post, it was directed towards hitters so I've calmed down.. thank you...

I just don't like the attitude in general where we tend to "punish" or "injure" folk who do take things personal because they are so passionate. What are you left with after you lose those folks? just the boring sheep and the marauding gangs that no one is willing to challenge.

Regarding your BTW, I'm in agreement but you know for a fact that some folks you just can't hit unless you are ready for a war so in a sense, they are untouchable.

IMHO, if you want to promote and make pvp flourish, why gang up on those that do attempt it? So far as I can tell both OP and Penny are reducing the amount of pvp they do because of the gang activity.

#28 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 23:49

There is no problem taking things personally, I'll fell bad if I get dropped 5 for Prestige hits, for sure I'll don't like it, but I'll never start offending the people the people who did it, I'll find friends to smash them back, that's all.

For me, the prior reason for smash parties, is non-sense offense, one thing is someone going crazy after you did a gold hit while they were hunting, other thing is player A smashing player B for no reason, player B and friends taking 5 from player A, player A start to post FS Box, Forum, PMs and everything else to offend the hitters. C'mon, that just a game, war are fun, everybody like it :D

#29 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 23:49

Pvp is most certainly alive and kicking but the pool of players doing so is shrinking.

Edited by katatonic, 07 February 2015 - 23:49.

#30 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:06

too much drama from nodrama ...

#31 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 February 2015 - 13:35

it's come to my attention that about 95% of the bounties placed by so called pvp players get smashed down and about 10% of the other bounties get smashed on and if one of those other smashed bounties get the hammer an additional 3 bounties with hammers will appear however it would seem that the pvp crowd is bigger and the level loss could be more easily divided while the other party has no chance to continue 

i think OP planned a bounty with 5 taken on someone where his smashing team all lost 5 without any planning and he just wants to create a numbered war where it takes time to plan attacks etc etc

hence his 300 vs 25 comment

you guys can also try to view it from his perspective not just your own.

pvp discussions always have 2 sides.

and if you want me to watch it from your side sure just ask but i think you guys have enough representitives for that :)

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#32 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 13:44

I can see why words like 'punish' or 'injure' can sound evil-ish to people. But it should be remembered that PvP is all about 'hitting' other players. The vocabulary is going to go along the lines of violence.

Yes there are certain people or guilds who respond well enough that hitting them guarantees a loss of 5 levels. That's why I say people need to use common sense. They aren't untouchable. There are just consequences for hitting them. Thats part of the risk of PvP.

As far as promoting PvP, people need to understand that PvP is not always pretty. Its always fun when you're the one hitting. But PvP players need to understand there is the other end of it where getting stomped sucks. Some people can stomach it, some can't. So newer PvP players need to see the full reality of every angle of it to make sure they can take it. Babying them just results in anger and confusion when it doesn't go their way.

#33 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 19:37

I can see why words like 'punish' or 'injure' can sound evil-ish to people. But it should be remembered that PvP is all about 'hitting' other players. The vocabulary is going to go along the lines of violence.

Yes there are certain people or guilds who respond well enough that hitting them guarantees a loss of 5 levels. That's why I say people need to use common sense. They aren't untouchable. There are just consequences for hitting them. Thats part of the risk of PvP.

As far as promoting PvP, people need to understand that PvP is not always pretty. Its always fun when you're the one hitting. But PvP players need to understand there is the other end of it where getting stomped sucks. Some people can stomach it, some can't. So newer PvP players need to see the full reality of every angle of it to make sure they can take it. Babying them just results in anger and confusion when it doesn't go their way.

Words indeed... Job well done... We are practically to the point where only the sheep and gangs are left. 2 less PVP'rs and it's their problem.

Help me with my list so the new PVP players are fully aware of all the angles and reality. Some say it's active and alive, others say it's dead. I just don't see it succeeding in it's current form as you disillusion folks who do want to play that aspect in an honorable fashion. I intend to play that aspect at EOC when levels don't matter anymore and I get to annoy other players whilst they help me delevel :)

#34 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 20:50

(blah, blah, blah repeated) I just don't see it succeeding in it's current form as you disillusion folks who do want to play that aspect in an honorable fashion. I intend to play that aspect at EOC when levels don't matter anymore and I get to annoy other players whilst they help me delevel :)

So you call THAT the honorable way to PvP do you, going to EOC where YOU think levels don't matter? Then you want to use others to delevel, and you believe YOU will be in narcissistic control? No problem, players have dealt with your tactics before. I, for one, welcome it!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#35 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 21:15

So you call THAT the honorable way to PvP do you, going to EOC where YOU think levels don't matter? Then you want to use others to delevel, and you believe YOU will be in narcissistic control? No problem, players have dealt with your tactics before. I, for one, welcome it!

I"m not honorable... never said that... lol... I was referring to others who play honorably that are being disillusioned. I plan to play very much against the unwritten rules :) Help me to EOC and you can enjoy the fun sooner then later :)

#36 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2015 - 21:37

Just to make things clear.....   1st Apologies for my rude behaviour when posting this the other day...bad day + angry + booze = do not post in forum...lol  :(

Anyhow....whole point was....If a Guild has a problem with another Guild...and deals with it in a PvP Manner.....which we all know what that is....  :)   Then that Guild brings in friends...now you have to bounty and smash those players........then they bring in friends.....etc,etc...  meanwhile....the other Guild is still doing all Their OWN smashing?  How does that become fair anymore...even in a game.....I'm curious as to why....if a Guild has another problem with another Guild.....that they can't deal with it themselves?....without friends....  wouldnt that make some fun?

Anyhow...I guess it makes everyone feel better when they have 12 people on 1 bounty (seems like a waste of stam to me)

1 Guild can't smash and fight 3 Guilds...and as soon as bounties are placed and smashed on those outside hitters...we all know what is going to happen.....end of story!

Edited by wazzimoto, 08 February 2015 - 21:38.

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#37 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 21:37

Unwritten rules for noobs who may one day want o try pvp:

- don't take things personally or you will get attacked more.

- don't say stuff in forums or bio or anything else.

- don't clear bounty when it's about to expire.

- no double dipping

- no 9x100 attacks

- no attitude

- don't take pvp guild relics

I think there is more but too many for me to remember...

I'll make sure to send players asking to be mentored your way. You da man!

[Signature removed]

#38 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 22:32

Wow... apologizing wazzi then repeating the same thing you just apologized for.... just wow. You do not have 3 guilds after you. You changed it later to 'alot' but your original post said it was only about 15 players. These are friends defending friends. Get yours involved too.

Edited by Calista, 08 February 2015 - 22:33.

#39 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 22:42

I'll make sure to send players asking to be mentored your way. You da man!

A couple were from you ;)
You're welcome:)

#40 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 22:54

@ Yotwehc

What 2 less pvp'ers? W has pvp'd a while now. He won't stop. He makes a point to go after the same groups everytime. P slowed her hitting because she no longer has the back up she used freely just a few short months ago. But she won't stop pvping either. These guys are seasoned. They know the drill.

As a PvP player, your post referrs to me as being part of a gang. Are you serious? It's a PvP game! All I'm doing is playing. I'm sick to death of the nasty insults. I'm not a bully. Im not in a gang. I don't even hit random people for gold. But in this game I will fight for my friends and allies. That doesn't make me evil. It means I am playing this area of the game.

We're not discouraging players from PvP. We are teaching them the ropes which includes losing levels. They need the reality of it or what's the point?

Multiple players have used that same 'I'll lose levels when at eoc because then levels don't matter'. That exact thing leads to guild wars. Because when YOU come after our players and try to use us to self delevel we have strategies in place. Like a guild war to get the xp from your guildies who will care. Seem harsh? So is thinking you can put our people under attack and we're gonna do nothing. Every action has a reaction. Go ahead and start it. Many have in the past. But no being upset later that you don't like our tactics or didn't think we would go there. To defend our own there is little we won't do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: