#1 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 18:04

*I'LL BE BACK*

Hello Viewers,

Thieving would benefit the Eldevin community in several ways that can increase the fun of our players, and possibly attract more to this already outstanding game. By being given the option to pickpocket or mug any Civilian, or human like character across the map we would increase the feeling of liveliness within the game itself. Also, adding an option to pickpocket other players around the world, stealing some of their goods--depending on your skill level,-- and possibly making a new way to make money. Players love when the games they play are user-friendly and very interactive--I know I do. So, by adding this new adjustment to game would give your already existing player base a new, fun, interactive thing to do in their spare time. Also, this skill would possible attract more variations of players throughout the gaming communities. If you agree with what I've said above, please continue on.

The amazing Eldevin Developers could do this by attaching an option to every Civilian,  human like character(goblins, etc.), and player that states pickpocket/mug, for a chance to obtain some items like:

• Coins/Eldevin Points
  • Types of food
  • Common/mundane items
  • Rare items
  • Point bags
  • Extra experience

But, if you fail they can either send you to jail where you'll have penalties like:

• Serving your sentence
  • Paying your fine/bail
  • Losing certain amount of experience
  • Losing any stolen goods
  • Being stripped of anything suspected of stealing
  • Marked down by guards as a thief
  • Losing reputation

But, if the person you try to pickpocket/mug is a thief or wanted him/herself then they could also decide to fight you on spot, where the winner gets all of the items they stole, and the loser gets put in the hospital only to be sent to jail afterwards--if they don't escape by then.

As you seen in the above text I've stated pick-pocketing and mugging; these both will be different actions. Pick-pocketing means the character is trying to put their hands inside their pocket to steal something of worth to them, in a very secretive manor. While mugging, you decide to run into the targeted character, hitting them and stealing anything of worth quickly as you attempt to dart off without being caught by that character or any guards/allies who seen the incident. They both have the same outcome, obtaining something you didn't have preceding to the event. But, pick-pocketing you're trying to steal something small from their pocket like a little coin for example(little reward), and get away with it without even being noticed. While on the other hand, if you decide to attempt to mug your target; you will be rushing them in a very violent manor, trying to take as much wealth as you can as quickly as you can(high reward). It's easy to get the items by using this method, but hard to evade the crime scene because your target will possibly be chasing you, while anyone who seen the incident can be chasing you like guards, allies, and target's friends.

Let me summarize this entire post for you, so you walk away with the main idea;

Thieving characters and npcs should be a skill in Eldevin, though with advancing this skill their will be consequences like going to the hospital, jail, or paying a fine. It's a risk you should be willing to take, since the outcome could be so grand. There are also two separate ways to thieve from the targeted opponent; Mugging & Pick-pocketing. By mugging you are to violently attempt to get their goods, only having to try to evade afterwards with the stolen goods. To pick-pocket is to try to slyly steal something out of an opponents pocket without being noticed, by doing so the rewards can be good and the consequences could be jail time or worse

Thanks for reading,

Best Regards, 

Kevin AKA Raticode

_____________________________________________________________________________________

COLOR KEY:

• ORANGE = Acquired Items/Consequences
  • YELLOW =  Mugging
  • PURPLE = Pick-pocketing
  • GREEN = Effects applied to
  • RED = Important information

NOTE TO DEVELOPERS:

I know this could be a lot of work for you guys to develop efficiently, I have years of experience with programming, and am a really swift learner. I am willing to offer you guys part-time - full-time work for little or no cost to you. I would just love to help out the community, and get this job done! :)

Edited by Raticode, 26 November 2014 - 17:52.

#2 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 23 November 2014 - 18:20

Not sure how many times this OP was edited. At first it sounded great, then it was about stealing others players EP and what not.
Now its still bad cos its about stealing from other players still.

Edited by Zook, 26 November 2014 - 02:10.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#3 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 18:58

If thieving means I can steal Reinedor's horse then I'm all for it.  :ph34r:

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

#4 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 19:48

Had this idea since eldevin launch still agree.

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#5 jr1093

jr1093

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2014 - 19:52

If thieving means I can steal Reinedor's horse then I'm all for it.  :ph34r:

can we lynch horse thieves 

Edited by jr1093, 23 November 2014 - 19:53.

#6 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 19:55

This is how I imagine the thieving part of my Espionage idea would be :P

https://forums.hunte...ng-professions/

Edited by Rez, 23 November 2014 - 19:55.

rsz_sniper_anime_girl_dual_screen_3_t2.j

| Rezilia (16) Ranger | Bunnycakes (5) Paladin |

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

| Account (8) | Hours (58.5+) |

#7 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 22:25

Haha, I agree with you all; thanks for your support! Please if you want this to have a chance of going though, tell your friends! :D

#8 Ant

Ant

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 November 2014 - 22:50

I kinda like the idea but I don't know how I'd feel someone running up and mugging me with the high chance that I'm afk on forums or at all.

A chest reward type loot is definitely better than stealing from a players invent.

What's stopping people leveling up and mugging all the new players? or abusing it some how?

I'm just awake I shall think about it a bit more :P

But.. It does make it alot more fun than pickpocketing NPC's

Edited by Ant, 23 November 2014 - 22:59.

If buff or wave to you in passing, it means hello!
@AntEldevin
##ETradin Buy & Sell Chat

http://webchat.freenode.net

zLz5Qbo.gif

WTB Founder Torch PM me

#9 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 23:01

Ant, I'd guess you can't do it to someone below your level.

I'd like it if when someone gets away with stealing from people without getting killed by them enough times, they'd become PvPable by everyone. It wouldn't be like in other games where they'd be marked: you wouldn't know they were a thief unless they were mugging so much that everyone in the area knew about it. This is where no true world chat has benefits: a thief could go to a small town where no one heard about them at all to thieve some more.

When they eventually get PvP'd, that person would gain all of the stolen loot the thief had on-hand. The thief could, say, drop everything off at a bank: but if they're notorious enough, all the players in the bank would attack them when they entered trying to get the loot :P

How does that sound? :D

EDIT: Stolen loot that is not money (equipment cannot be stolen) would be "hot" for a time - this is because it would be marked stolen until a certain time has passed. This loot cannot be banked or sold until it has turned "cold".

Edited by Rez, 23 November 2014 - 23:03.

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

#10 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 23:28

Woah, great ideas to the both of you!

Ant, you've offered some more grounds for me to fully think this through, and perfect this thieving system. I have two solutions to your character being thieved from while away;

1. Go into any rested experience zone.
  2. Make use of the /sit command (enables after ten seconds).

As for the high levels picking on the lower levels, we can make a system as follows;

1. Your character may thieve from anybody in the game, but if they are more than five/ten levels below you, then you receive very little reward with grater chances of being caught.
  2. The reverse to this, if you're trying to pickpocket a higher level by five/ten levels above you, then you will receive great reward with very high chance of being caught.

Rez, I love the thought put into this system. Especially the Hot or Cold system. That should definitely be included! Just to add some extra thought into this process I've thought of two ways to implement this;

1. Stealing from 'x' number of players within a given city/area creates awareness among the guards/civilians of the city, while the targeted player can tell their friends about you. Making you known to be a thief.
  2. Once you've thieved from 'x' number of people, you will be attackable by all players who you've stole from or who have 'directly' seen you commit the crime like; guards, civilians, players, and npcs making your characters status 'Noticed'. But, if you manage to not be caught within 'x' amount of time your character will enter the  'Hiding' status period, where not as many people know about the incident, only letting players who know attack you--if they find you. Afterwards, your character will have cooled off, and his status will be 'Unnoticed'.

I foresee some problem questions with the comment above;

• If people who see commit the crime can attack you, then whose to say a level 45 won't try to kill a level 5?
  • What if you get caught, and try to hideout in a dangerous area?

Here are my answers;

• Makes the adrenaline pump even more while thieving, be careful who you thieve around.
  • I guess you will be having to fight off both enemies during your hiding period.

Thanks to both of you, keep them coming, and tell your friends :D!

Edited by Raticode, 24 November 2014 - 00:43.

#11 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:14

1. The reverse to this, if you're trying to pickpocket a higher level by five/ten levels above you, then you will receive great reward with very low chance of being caught.

As in, the NPCs spoken of below would feel less inclined to nag about you - they'd think the player you stole from could handle it.

1. Stealing from 'x' number of players within a given city/area creates awareness among the guards/civilians of the city, while the targeted player can tell their friends about you. Making you known to be a thief. I'm sure the latter would happen anyway. The civilians and guards should be able to automatically have chat bubbles stating: "Have you heard that ____  just went on a stealing spree in the _____ district?"
  2. Once you've thieved from 'x' number of people, you will be attackable by all players who you've stole from or who have 'directly' seen you commit the crime like; guards, civilians, players, and npcs making your characters status 'Noticed'. I still think anyone should be able to get you, especially when it's a low population server. But, if you manage to not be caught within 'x' amount of time your character will enter the  'Hiding' status period, where not as many people know about the incident, only letting players who know attack you--if they find you. Afterwards, your character will have cooled off, and his status will be 'Unnoticed'. Is this personal? If so, great, but I still think you should be attackable. A personal radar is a good idea, though.

I foresee some problem questions with the comment above;

• If people who see commit the crime can attack you, then whose to say a level 45 won't try to kill a level 5?
  • What if you get caught, and try to hideout in a dangerous area?

Both will be par for the course. Then again, most places have a level range - so thieves would generally stick to places where higher mobs and thus higher places generally won't be.

My comments :)

#12 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 14:33

I think everything you've stated is a great idea, I admire your contributation and thought put into this.

Though I do not agree with lower levels having a 'low' chance of being caught, even if they can handle it. The reward would be greater than stealing from a mid-level or low-level, so it should be harder but more than possible.

I do not agree with anyone being able to attack you, because this would have to be changed in the near future when this community beings to repidly grow. (*Though to support the idea behind this, maybe you could get hired as a bounty hunter by the people/npc's who see you? --just a thought*.)

Yes, it is a personal radar. You should be able to be attacked but, not after you're unnoticed, or else if you thieve once you'll always be a target. ... With saying that I know someone is going to say you will no longer be a target after you die/go to jail. Well, my response is; in NYC if someone gets pickpocketed or mugged, how long do people really look for them? A few minutes, hours, maybe a day? The points is not long at all, so it shouldn't be long in the game eirther. (*NYC is a crowded place that's why, so maybe we can establish a system to where the more populated the place, the faster you cool off, and the less populated the slower you cool off? --just an idea*)

Thanks, and tell your friends!

Kevin.

#13 Kambalo

Kambalo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 14:56

I would agree with this except I dont like the idea of stealing from other players, maybe from NPCs. But not from other players, except Mongo he is filthy rich.  :D  (according with other sources, I have never met the guy in game) But there are rumors around about his house been plastered in golden leaves.  :wub:   :D

Seek and ye shall find.

The Master

#14 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 15:19

Ahaha, I see Mongo's name everywhere; he must be quite famous haha.

It's just the fact of adding more interactiveness into the game, and I've never seen anything like this implemented into any other gaming community! Therefore, I figured we'd be the first. The idea of 'tag' could also be created from this haha, players could make it a fun way to level up. But, you know there will always be that player hiding in the shadows or dark ally for some unsuspecting victim to cross their path. Just adds some extra fears too, hah, in real life you cannot be fearless/careless can you? I belive it would be awesome to impliment them both in-game. :)

#15 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 16:05

Mongo is our Godking. He's like Xerxes I - not even Sparta can defeat him. :P

--

If we add the ability to hide in locked houses (once again, my Espionage idea) and then see people coming from far away (Exploration idea), we could plan when we left the house and could try to simply pass-steal from the person.

I also like how this can act as an anti-botting method :P

#16 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 18:21

Mongo is our Godking. He's like Xerxes I - not even Sparta can defeat him. :P

--

If we add the ability to hide in locked houses (once again, my Espionage idea) and then see people coming from far away (Exploration idea), we could plan when we left the house and could try to simply pass-steal from the person.

I also like how this can act as an anti-botting method :P

Okay then haha, Mongo is the man; noted.

Breaking into locked houses is a good idea, along with how you explain it :)!

Yes, a small little fix. :D

#17 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 24 November 2014 - 18:46

Nice idea but yeah if player is afk... maybe the /dnd option should not allow for pick pocketing.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#18 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 22:27

Nice idea but yeah if player is afk... maybe the /dnd option should not allow for pick pocketing.

That's along the same idea already posted;

1. Go into any rested experience zone.
  2. Make use of the /sit command (enables after ten seconds).

Thanks for the comment though :)! Tell your friends!

Thanks,

Kevin.

#19 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:02

Not clear on one point.  If you steal from another player, what exactly do you get?  A random drop that does not effect him, or do you actually get something from his inventory?  In the former case it's easily abused (let's stand here and just steal from each other).  The rest of this post is for the latter, actually getting loot from inventory.

I was with you until you allowed for stealing from other players.  Absolutely not.  Getting too close to open world PvP at that point, which is not how the game was designed or advertised.  (This has been covered in previous threads.)  If I'm out questing, and even more so in town, I don't want to be looking over my shoulder for thieves, any more then for a PK'er.

You could allow stealing from players in PvP areas, but even then it should be limited to smuggled goods.

Having a place to hide is not good enough.  I don't want to mark myself DND, or have to run back to some safe area, every time I want to take my eyes off the game.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#20 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:43

You shouldn't be afk'ing in the first place. If you need to get off quick, log off - simple as that. BRBing is rude.

1) Quest items cannot be stolen (from players).

2) Mundane loot and maybe 1-2 resources will be common steals. Beginner thieves will get this alot. Amounts increase with level, in case "mundane" or "resource" is rolled on the steal.

3) Equipment up to a certain grade can be stolen, if it is not equipped. Mostly this will be crafted equipment that is made in bulk anyway.

4) Bound items cannot be stolen, period. If it is Bind On Equip and has not been equipped, it can be - as long as Rule 3 is followed.

5) With higher levels, food and potions can be stolen.

6) Concerning money, higher thieving levels are closer to max stealing range for each victim's level's stealing range. A level 5 victim could have a 5-50c stealing range. A level 15 victim would have a 1-5s stealing range. A level 50 victim would have a LOT more...

7) EP and limited items cannot be stolen

8) Lastly, the importance (aka value) of an item is factored into the "steal roll". The steal roll is the chance roll of which type of item will be stolen. Equipment is the hardest to roll, mundane is the easiest. You only fail a roll if the type the roll landed on is not in the inventory. This means money is a common roll, and guaranteed to obtain (unless the person is broke); if they do not have as much money as their level and your thieving level would dictate, you get all the money they have. The steal roll is NOT affected by Thieving level (which only influences the yield of whatever type you land on). Additionally, only one piece of equipment can be obtained in one roll.

Edited by Rez, 25 November 2014 - 02:51.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)
Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: