#41 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 22:05

I'm an adult. But that does not matter, as age states nothing about experience. The time you have in life is the time you can use gain experience, not the amount of time you actually have gained experience.

Eldevin is different. It isn't Skyrim. It isn't RuneScape. It's Eldevin. Eldevin does not need to be another clone when it comes to thieving, where the people you steal from don't react to you.

When the AH starts up, people will be obtaining items at a larger rate. Gold will definitely have more purpose and perhaps even LESS value (as the market will cause inflation). In fact, AH will break the system since people like you with so much $ to spend will be buying Gold in bucketloads in order to try, and fail, to manipulate the market. Thieving won't affect Gold to EP rates at all. But the AH definitely will.

I'm not "too lazy to level to PvP". I just don't find PvP to be the only thing that matters in this game. Gathering and Crafting matter to me. Exploring matters to me. Reading quest text and learning the world's lore matters to me. Trying out different builds while I'm doing those things matters to me. PvP does not - I have always hated PvP, and you will most likely never see me PvP in this game because I find it inherently boring. I'm taking it slow because the game makes Gathering and Crafting a slow process. That's why I'm this level, not because of "laziness" like all of you who prefer streamlining your levels to 45 within 2 hours.

This is funny to me 

1) you don't manipulate currency by buying currency...thats just stupid it does nothing...You buy items in bucketloads that are of actual demand to manipulate its price regarding currency to increase currency..I've merched in every single MMo that the ability exists in and I have succeeded in every single one because I understand how the gaming economy works.

2)AH's only effect will be regarding resources and founder items,there are no markets for anything else regardless what other noobs say..they don't understand how it all works..

3)questing for lore,and skilling for challenge....is a bad excuse both give combat based exp and if you skilled and quested as much as you say...you would be higher than lvl 16 as stated. 

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#42 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 22:21

This is funny to me 

1) you don't manipulate currency by buying currency...thats just stupid it does nothing...You buy items in bucketloads that are of actual demand to manipulate its price regarding currency to increase currency..I've merched in every single MMo that the ability exists in and I have succeeded in every single one because I understand how the gaming economy works.

2)AH's only effect will be regarding resources and founder items,there are no markets for anything else regardless what other noobs say..they don't understand how it all works..

3)questing for lore,and skilling for challenge....is a bad excuse both give combat based exp and if you skilled and quested as much as you say...you would be higher than lvl 16 as stated. 

1) I didn't say you manipulated currency by buying it. I said people will end up buying tons of Gold in order to use that Gold to manipulate the market. Many people who sell stuff on AH will rack up the prices of the items they have because they think that their own items have way more value than the Gold people have to spend. This will cause people to grind for Gold in order to obtain those items, which will devalue gold overall, and thus causing inflation. Then, because of the rapidly expanding market, far more bots will enter Eldevin and sell their items in bulk for cheap. This will destroy the profits the normal players gained by cutting them off and it will deflate the value of Gold, since everything will be much cheaper. You will then have tons of Gold in circulation that no one ever uses, and it will ultimately just be something people have instead of something people use. Every. Single. MMO. This is why I'm against player markets.

2) People will very well have markets for equips and other items, especially when the bots take the market. And since this game is so easy for people with subs to level (which will be every botting account ever because they'll yield far more profits with sub), you'll see tons of level 45 bots everywhere.

3) If I had subbed, which I don't. I would love to sub if it meant being able to access expansions. I hate subscriptions that give people more exp and gold, which is the only thing this game does. I'm already taking it slow. I'll get there without needing a sub, I'm in no rush, so I don't see the point in buying a sub. It just seems like a waste of money to me and I'd most likely quit within a month because I would have done everything in this game within a month thanks to the help of the sub.

rsz_sniper_anime_girl_dual_screen_3_t2.j

| Rezilia (16) Ranger | Bunnycakes (5) Paladin |

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

| Account (8) | Hours (58.5+) |

#43 AwiesGoesRawr

AwiesGoesRawr

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 22:34

Id love to have this as a skill/profession.

Id steal all of Prince Ryans Nature Orbs *evil laugh*

Id go for all 6. Gotta catch 'em all!

Eldevin Steam-generation.

8080c8f99f8fda986f422fda15784e4b.gif

#44 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 22:54

1) I didn't say you manipulated currency by buying it. I said people will end up buying tons of Gold in order to use that Gold to manipulate the market. Many people who sell stuff on AH will rack up the prices of the items they have because they think that their own items have way more value than the Gold people have to spend. This will cause people to grind for Gold in order to obtain those items, which will devalue gold overall, and thus causing inflation. Then, because of the rapidly expanding market, far more bots will enter Eldevin and sell their items in bulk for cheap. This will destroy the profits the normal players gained by cutting them off and it will deflate the value of Gold, since everything will be much cheaper. You will then have tons of Gold in circulation that no one ever uses, and it will ultimately just be something people have instead of something people use. Every. Single. MMO. This is why I'm against player markets.

2) People will very well have markets for equips and other items, especially when the bots take the market. And since this game is so easy for people with subs to level (which will be every botting account ever because they'll yield far more profits with sub), you'll see tons of level 45 bots everywhere.

3) If I had subbed, which I don't. I would love to sub if it meant being able to access expansions. I hate subscriptions that give people more exp and gold, which is the only thing this game does. I'm already taking it slow. I'll get there without needing a sub, I'm in no rush, so I don't see the point in buying a sub. It just seems like a waste of money to me and I'd most likely quit within a month because I would have done everything in this game within a month thanks to the help of the sub.

1) that's going to be a bit hard there...when they can only control 1 market with that XD and its one that isn't highly demanded at that lol...

2)market for equips won't make anything as the good things are bind on pickup and the rest is junk...why would someone spend money on items that will have to be raised over vendor price...when they could make mass gold getitng it themselves in short time.

3)without sub...its only 25% loss....doing quests and skills..you would be well over 16 at that play time assumed is true. Without the help of sub people still cap quickly.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#45 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:19

I would agree with this except I dont like the idea of stealing from other players, maybe from NPCs. But not from other players, except Mongo he is filthy rich.  :D  (according with other sources, I have never met the guy in game) But there are rumors around about his house been plastered in golden leaves.  :wub:   :D

Hey leave my moneyz alone! Mongo gotta eat.  :D

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#46 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:29

1) that's going to be a bit hard there...when they can only control 1 market with that XD and its one that isn't highly demanded at that lol...

2)market for equips won't make anything as the good things are bind on pickup and the rest is junk...why would someone spend money on items that will have to be raised over vendor price...when they could make mass gold getitng it themselves in short time.

3)without sub...its only 25% loss....doing quests and skills..you would be well over 16 at that play time assumed is true. Without the help of sub people still cap quickly.

1) RS's Grand Exchange was only one market. Vindi's Marketplace was only one market. Gaia Online's Marketplace was only one market.

There's a reason why MMO developers that have been developing them for years like Artix Entertainment don't want to implement markets into their new games. They know it will increase botting. It doesn't matter if a game has 1, 5, or 100 markets - as long as a market exists, it will lead to an increase in botting.

2) Yes, they will, because they're shiny. It happened in Pokemon, it will happen here. People want shiny things. Rare equips are shiny...and have better stats. And once again - bots will sell items in bulk. Those rare equips with better stats will end up cheaper than vendor-sold items with worse stats.

3) I'm not trying to rush, though. I did the Halloween event, skinned and fished at my leisure, and recently I got many professions from level 0 to 10 between my total level of 15 and 16 - it may seem like non-subs get tons of exp, but they don't, because all of those different types of 25% exp bonus stack when a character does all of those things.

Edited by Rez, 25 November 2014 - 23:29.

| Crystal Cutting - 4 | Farming - 11 | Fishing - 9 | Foraging - 10 | Forestry - 8 | Prospecting - 6 | Skinning - 16 |

| Alchemy - 12 | Armorsmithing - 2 | Cooking - 16 | Jewelry - 1 | Leatherworking - 9 | Tailoring - 6 | Weaponsmithing - 2 |

#47 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:36

1)yeah..and because this game has low markets for things not needed by many, bots will work here right? :D they won't make much now will they.

2)no..not really....mmo market is different from little pocket games you played where the playerbase was mostly 6-11 year old kids vs 13+ age req. Also to further add they don't have better stats nor do the heroics dropped there either,the ones from dungeons are...and I don't see combat bots making a huge impact on this game..as they can't solo dungeon mode for flakes,and can't make flakes out of story mode...and to further add...their fusion won't keep up with fair+ so...they won't be doing much if it ever gets to the point of combat bots being made..

3)That's no true excuse in all honesty. I have raised chars to 45 off skills quests and no sub benefit before to see the difference..its almost unnoticeable.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#48 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:48

Okay, I believe we're all over-thinking/over-worrying about this system. It is my understanding that everyone can agree on thieving being a new skill added into the game, only targeted at non-humans. If so, plus one (like) this post solely for that reason alone.

Now, for most of the folks commenting; 

*NAME*, did you even read our posts?

This is the exact question I am wondering throughout the entire comment section, after the first page of course. So let me dissect this like a biology project I hate so much;

I work too hard in my life to have the money that I've spent on this game stolen by someone who has nothing better to do.

Additionally, it is nobody's business how much EP or gold I'm carrying.

I go AFK a lot and it's my prerogative. I don't always have time to run to a safe spot.

However, if you want to add a harmless pickpocket emote that doesn't actually steal anything from my inventory, then fine and dandy.  Knock your socks off. 

ChelseaBrick, exactly six comments above yours as rule Six in my comment quoted by Rez states; 

7) EP and limited items cannot be stolen

You're completely right, it is nobody's business to know how much gold or EP you have(Though EP is completely irrelevant). Which is why I stated;

1. Run a check on how much gold they have, and the thieve will not be able to steal anymore than 5% of whatever coins reduced to bronze they have ON HAND. Remember you do have a vault that can store gold.

This "test" is ran by the game developers themselves, it's mixed in with the equation and no player will ever actually know.

As I stated I also know it's sort of a thing to go AFK every now and then, when you know you'll be right back to check here's my proof of a solution in previous comments;

Some people are stating that they don't want to get robbed while their AFK, well again there are two simple answers to that;

1. Don't go AFK in the first place.
  2. Though we all do from time to time; simple, when your character is sitting (/sit), nobody can thieve from him.

Now, I understand while skilling you do not want to just stare at your computer while it completes your given task, easy fix;

Thieves are not able to steal from someone who is in-action of something. In other words; skilling, fighting, and talking to a NPC.

Now with the last part of your quoted comment, I'm glad you'd be in favor of thieving from at least NPC's! I expect to see a like to this comment, as stated in my opening statement :).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is an idea that could well lead to be exploited and abused by a certain type of players.

I for one would agree with this idea if only involved stealing from NPCs and other characters that are not human in the game...

I agree with ChelseaBrick, I many times after farming go on a cooking rampage and go AFK when I have to cooked 100 or more items.

Kambalo, with every game there are people who use it to exploit and abuse; we cannot stop that. Though, we have thought of a system to counter-react the thieve--stops the process from happening--, and you could profit from this.

I'm also glad you agree, I expect to see a like dropped for this comment too, :).

I believe the AFK problem has been resolved.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Erm the general idea of being able to pickpocket another player is just a bad idea in general. 

reasons why...

you're dead Im sure the pickpocket option would still be there for that as well....
you get dc'ed in a process and lose a bunch of items due to server lag/dc

this idea..is just plain stupid in all honesty..thieving would be good for this game..if using on npc's...or extra little minis..picking a player in general areas..is pretty....damn stupid..I feel this thread is basically...a reason for f2p players to get free gold/ep from paying players..so i vote...ummm NO put the time or pay up.

HuMoR, Over half of your reasons stated have been answered, please read the thread completely or do not comment at all.

1. Cannot pickpocket a dead person, simple fix. Case Closed.
  2. I want to say so bad get better connection, but as I am maintaining a professional matter here; A thief could not steal more than one time every 5-10 minutes. Giving more than enough time to reconnect/completely disconnect.

As to the last part, I have no comment to your ignorance. Though I do notice you agree it would be a good idea to thieve from non-human characters, so regardless of what you think of me or this post I expect to see you like this comment. As for your words: "a reason for f2p players to get free gold/ep from paying players..."; First off, as stated in preceding comments the thieves could not steal items of worth, or EP, and they get very little gold. So please read before you post anymore; as I do respect you as a person, and want your opinion here, I only ask that you read first as I read every single comment.

I think you should leave ideas for the big kids and grown ups lol

This is probably the WORST "thieving" system I have ever read about in my "your life time of living" gaming experience,and to honestly say...I don't see this having a chance in hell of being passed....this idea...is completely ass backwards and actually would cripple the game in a similar manner as Ta did. This would decrease the value of EP should HCs implement any way of giving gold value...And to further add onto this...Gold would sell for ep...again...making you lazy noobs...who don't pay that much for access to things you choose to not pay for the luxury of having.

no matter how you look at it..this is a corrupted self beneficial idea..built around greed..and stupidity

Should be like this...
Thieving skill:
Applies to NPC's
Applies to Players while in a mini game where outright items earned are not used in the process(only mini game currency and mini game resources and such are effected)
Applies for skilling,dailies,and scenario based logic.

This is basically what i see from reading this...I'm too lazy to lvl to pvp,I'm too lazy to pvp,i'm too lazy to spend real $ on the game so give us an ability to steal it from other players who do put the effort in...NO

in regards to the..special abilities coming from a sit emote/sit feature...What's next?  :D
lets make dance emote give 100% dodge all classes lol...

Once again, your rude and ignorant behavior bewilders me to no end. You started that post off as rude as possible, but as that is neither here nor there I'll drop that. As for your child-like understanding of the economy, this is simply money fluctuating throughout the server. As you said "making you lazy noobs", I personally request that you stop commenting on something you were too lazy to completely read. As for the rest of the post about us being lazy, we're wanting a new skill to work on here; sure it involves taking MINIMAL amounts of items/coins from other players, but it's all in good fun to make the game feel more interactive. What's exactly wrong with the /sit feature? Please describe in detail how this is a bad idea, or are you just too "lazy" to type four characters followed by one to hit enter? I do not mean to be rude, I am just fair, and use whatever you give me for my bullets. Once again, you finished off being rude, and very ignorant--stupid-like if you will.

As for the rest of the comments below this one, either it's been solved within itself or please refer back to; 

*Please any further comments be descriptive with your suggestion, worry, complaint, or idea to think about; so this doesn't become a spam filled post.

Thanks,

Kevin

As for my final words on this comment; I am sorry to anyone I called out or offended, and I ask that everyone re-reads the thread topic, and every comment afterwards. That would give us all a better ground to argue topics, since most attempting to be argued have already been solved.

Also, this could tern into a very biased thread. Honestly, we all can see why, right? But please keep in mind, we are a small based community with plans to excel I am sure... so let's maintain the peace and continue on with this topic with valid knowledge of the post and arguments. Also, whenever you re-read everything--if you're willing to take the time(if your not I ask you do not comment anymore, and please remove your vote from the poll.)--please do so from a non-biased view :)!

Thanks,

Kevin.

#49 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:16

Okay, I believe we're all over-thinking/over-worrying about this system. It is my understanding that everyone can agree on thieving being a new skill added into the game, only targeted at non-humans. If so, plus one (like) this post solely for that reason alone.

Now, for most of the folks commenting; 

This is the exact question I am wondering throughout the entire comment section, after the first page of course. So let me dissect this like a biology project I hate so much;

ChelseaBrick, exactly six comments above yours as rule Six in my comment quoted by Rez states; 

You're completely right, it is nobody's business to know how much gold or EP you have(Though EP is completely irrelevant). Which is why I stated;

This "test" is ran by the game developers themselves, it's mixed in with the equation and no player will ever actually know.

As I stated I also know it's sort of a thing to go AFK every now and then, when you know you'll be right back to check here's my proof of a solution in previous comments;

Now, I understand while skilling you do not want to just stare at your computer while it completes your given task, easy fix;

Thieves are not able to steal from someone who is in-action of something. In other words; skilling, fighting, and talking to a NPC.

Now with the last part of your quoted comment, I'm glad you'd be in favor of thieving from at least NPC's! I expect to see a like to this comment, as stated in my opening statement :).

Kambalo, with every game there are people who use it to exploit and abuse; we cannot stop that. Though, we have thought of a system to counter-react the thieve--stops the process from happening--, and you could profit from this.

I'm also glad you agree, I expect to see a like dropped for this comment too, :).

I believe the AFK problem has been resolved.

HuMoR, Over half of your reasons stated have been answered, please read the thread completely or do not comment at all.

1. Cannot pickpocket a dead person, simple fix. Case Closed.
  2. I want to say so bad get better connection, but as I am maintaining a professional matter here; A thief could not steal more than one time every 5-10 minutes. Giving more than enough time to reconnect/completely disconnect.

As to the last part, I have no comment to your ignorance. Though I do notice you agree it would be a good idea to thieve from non-human characters, so regardless of what you think of me or this post I expect to see you like this comment. As for your words: "a reason for f2p players to get free gold/ep from paying players..."; First off, as stated in preceding comments the thieves could not steal items of worth, or EP, and they get very little gold. So please read before you post anymore; as I do respect you as a person, and want your opinion here, I only ask that you read first as I read every single comment.

Once again, your rude and ignorant behavior bewilders me to no end. You started that post off as rude as possible, but as that is neither here nor there I'll drop that. As for your child-like understanding of the economy, this is simply money fluctuating throughout the server. As you said "making you lazy noobs", I personally request that you stop commenting on something you were too lazy to completely read. As for the rest of the post about us being lazy, we're wanting a new skill to work on here; sure it involves taking MINIMAL amounts of items/coins from other players, but it's all in good fun to make the game feel more interactive. What's exactly wrong with the /sit feature? Please describe in detail how this is a bad idea, or are you just too "lazy" to type four characters followed by one to hit enter? I do not mean to be rude, I am just fair, and use whatever you give me for my bullets. Once again, you finished off being rude, and very ignorant--stupid-like if you will.

As for the rest of the comments below this one, either it's been solved within itself or please refer back to; 

As for my final words on this comment; I am sorry to anyone I called out or offended, and I ask that everyone re-reads the thread topic, and every comment afterwards. That would give us all a better ground to argue topics, since most attempting to be argued have already been solved.

Also, this could tern into a very biased thread. Honestly, we all can see why, right? But please keep in mind, we are a small based community with plans to excel I am sure... so let's maintain the peace and continue on with this topic with valid knowledge of the post and arguments. Also, whenever you re-read everything--if you're willing to take the time(if your not I ask you do not comment anymore, and please remove your vote from the poll.)--please do so from a non-biased view :)!

Thanks,

Kevin.

Heh..your ignorance is bliss....no offense to bliss miss and no pun lol X D

I can stress my right as a paying player to point out your horribly bad ill thought out process of a thieving skill..And I will continue to do so.

A thieving system that even remotely targets players in general is not only bad for the community,its bad for the game as a whole..i'm sorry for your lack of capacity above the shoulders for not noticing this.

no matter how much you "tweak" or "nerf" it..if it targets players its a no go...

Also I have read very well over your entire topic before I ever posted,what you fail to realize is...you can't have a system as flawed and limiting expecting it to not branch forward into the area of pickpocketing rarer things from people or else people wouldn't be inclined to bring it into the game,nor would they want to raise it for the simple reason its non beneficial to them in any way shape or form.

Again...emotes...and basic sets..should not be used for anything other then looks...because then you make a problematic system for the devs in regards to other things that are NOT implemented yet,nor would they even have the desire to put such horrid things into the game...hopefully you can comprehend what i am saying..basically doing this will just cause problems for pvp/pve as then people will want other emotes and basics to have functions beyond just a look...dancing for dodge,etc? 

again..you people that continually post these threads of suggestions..think from a single aspect...you care for one thing and do not even care for the overall effect it would have on a game...

now,for my ignorance that's delightful, I love seeing idiocy from the threads spurring words of which they have no clue of the meaning towards me,its always enjoyable..come back when you can make suggestions that are good for a game in regards to playability and longevity,not being lazy and not spending money on the game ;)

I'll go a bit further with this edit:

You say to chels,oh but we addressed this...

no actually you didn't this is what your OP displays...
e022354db4.pngsee how it still says ...... coins/eldevin points on there..that strictly shows its not an official change to your post,it is a idea of a different player who was not a member of this threads original post which means what? it wasn't adressed by you and was not chaged as a matter in regards to your op...which means what? you still proceed with the idea of coins/ep being able to be obtained through such....L2useforums.

Edited by HuMoR, 26 November 2014 - 00:33.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#50 ChelseaBrick

ChelseaBrick

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:47

Raticode--I do not agree to your little test that the developers do to test how much gold I'm carrying as my penalty for letting a little gnat steal from me.  My gold is my gold.  I can carry it or I can bank it.  It's mine.  I earned it.  You didn't, so keep your grubby little paws off of it.  If I'm carrying 5000 gold or 5 gold...you aren't touching it, because I do not agree with "thieving."  This is not "the Sims" where you can start off your career as a pickpocket and work your way up. 

Should I delete my vote? Nah, I'm going afk for a bit.

8TLwd.jpg

#51 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:55

Hello again HuMoR;

First off; I would tell you to stop being so disrespectful, but I will not for two reasons:

1. You're too stubborn to listen, as you were too stubborn to re-read everything.
  2. It is in your nature, and I am mature enough to handle such ignorance. (Let me define that word so you stop taking offense: The lack of knowledge pertaining to something, usually specific.)

Secondly, please stop quoting everything everyone says as it is not needed. If you decide to quote someone, use it properly. Let me show you how, unless you're more comfortable in knowing;

your ignorance is bliss.

As for your non-thoughtout, biased, ignorant, redundant, already thought out comment; I ask you stop commenting in it's entirety as you've proved you cannot follow my requests. I know that you probably do not like me as of now, with your childish nature, I am sure; but quite frankly my requests are more than reasonable, and well needed for this topic as you're just causing spam, and hype. You are the 'High school Drama' someone mentioned in previous comments. As for your ignorance regarding my vocabulary, I do know every word I've stated and am willing to define any of them too you. At your appropriate request--cloaked in manors--of course.

Just as a redundancy, stop meantioning;

dancing for dodge,

simply because it is irreverent and an invalid point as we are talking about /sit. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for your edit I've just noticed, since I do know how to use the forums, I did agree with him. This completely proves my point about your neglect to read the entire thread. Thank you very much, case closed, no double jeopardy please.

Now, I agree with you on one thing;

This idea is not fully developed, which in return is why the OP has not been updated.

Raticode--I do not agree to your little test that the developers do to test how much gold I'm carrying as my penalty for letting a little gnat steal from me.  My gold is my gold.  I can carry it or I can bank it.  It's mine.  I earned it.  You didn't, so keep your grubby little paws off of it.  If I'm carrying 5000 gold or 5 gold...you aren't touching it, because I do not agree with "thieving."  This is not "the Sims" where you can start off your career as a pickpocket and work your way up. 

Should I delete my vote? Nah, I'm going afk for a bit.

You wouldn't want people stealing from you, good, you're getting it whether you realize it or not. If you don't want some stolen (very little), then quite frankly there is an option in your vault, or the check system Rez has been so kind to mention. Though none of it is "your" gold, this is a game remember that, and all of the gold belongs to the game owner. He has the power to take it, give it, drop it, delete it without your consent and you couldn't do anything. Though that was irrelevant, I believe to have made my point. You're also right, this isn't "the Sims", this is "ELDEVIN", so why make a clone of other games of the same sort, or even bother wasting our time comparing it to them. Unless you're directly relating it, with proof to back you up, as a success or failure.

Thanks,

Kevin.

#52 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 26 November 2014 - 00:59

I would forfeit any future payments on the game if anything (other than a new predetermined thieving resource/s) can be stolen from me. Regardless if I am afk, crafting, dungeoning, pvping, whatever.

As I know many other paying players would do the same.

I am not going to /sit to save my pockets, that is ridiculous. Why not make it /stealfromme for everyone that wants to do this instead...

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#53 Removed221770

Removed221770

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:03

I would forfeit any future payments on the game if anything (other than a new predetermined thieving resource/s) can be stolen from me. Regardless if I am afk, crafting, dungeoning, pvping, whatever.

I am not going to /sit to save my pockets, that is ridiculous. Why not make it /stealfromme for everyone that wants to do this instead...

Well, I guess you would continue to pay then because "AS STATED PREVIOUSLY", you cannot steal during AFK if you /sit or go into a safe zone, you also cannot be thieved from while crafting, or fighting.

As for the last part, you're just another person being biased and not reading. You shouldn't be AFK anyways, and if you're going to, SIT DOWN, simple. No comment to the very last part, as it is tedious.

Edited by Raticode, 26 November 2014 - 01:03.

#54 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:11

exactly..

Hello again HuMoR;

First off; I would tell you to stop being so disrespectful, but I will not for two reasons:

1. You're too stubborn to listen, as you were too stubborn to re-read everything.
  2. It is in your nature, and I am mature enough to handle such ignorance. (Let me define that word so you stop taking offense: The lack of knowledge pertaining to something, usually specific.)

Secondly, please stop quoting everything everyone says as it is not needed. If you decide to quote someone, use it properly. Let me show you how, unless you're more comfortable in knowing;

As for your non-thoughtout, biased, ignorant, redundant, already thought out comment; I ask you stop commenting in it's entirety as you've proved you cannot follow my requests. I know that you probably do not like me as of now, with your childish nature, I am sure; but quite frankly my requests are more than reasonable, and well needed for this topic as you're just causing spam, and hype. You are the 'High school Drama' someone mentioned in previous comments. As for your ignorance regarding my vocabulary, I do know every word I've stated and am willing to define any of them too you. At your appropriate request--cloaked in manors--of course.

Just as a redundancy, stop meantioning;

simply because it is irreverent and an invalid point as we are talking about /sit. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for your edit I've just noticed, since I do know how to use the forums, I did agree with him. This completely proves my point about your neglect to read the entire thread. Thank you very much, case closed, no double jeopardy please.

Now, I agree with you on one thing;

This idea is not fully developed, which in return is why the OP has not been updated.

You wouldn't want people stealing from you, good, you're getting it whether you realize it or not. If you don't want some stolen (very little), then quite frankly there is an option in your vault, or the check system Rez has been so kind to mention. Though none of it is "your" gold, this is a game remember that, and all of the gold belongs to the game owner. He has the power to take it, give it, drop it, delete it without your consent and you couldn't do anything. Though that was irrelevant, I believe to have made my point. You're also right, this isn't "the Sims", this is "ELDEVIN", so why make a clone of other games of the same sort, or even bother wasting our time comparing it to them. Unless you're directly relating it, with proof to back you up, as a success or failure.

Thanks,

Kevin.

heh..you're funny I know you can't be directing your negativity at me for proving your ill thought out "skill" with opposing views that clearly show your true reasoning behind your post.
1) I have been fairly clear..that this won't work and showed you why it won't,if you refuse to see it then that's your ignorance and arrogance not mine.
2) I can stress my right on this thread regardless if it is your thread making or not,as that is my natural right as a player/paying player.(we pay so you can use it freely :))
3)you can;t give basics a feature and expect it to stay like that,everything advances forward in that sense of a direction once being implemented....starts out with only sit having a function then leads to other things that would just ruin the game...
4)this limits player freedom in its entirety,as people will then have to go through a process in order to go afk...and if an emergency were to occur then what? people are just screwed aye? umm no...I don't think so,some people have lives...
5)my quotes have actually been used properly unlike yours...I used it to show that you are incorrect and actually hiding behinds others posts as temporary means to buy time to give a proper response somewhere further down the road,your quotes was actually used indirectly and it is entirely redirected back at you for posting such stupidity on these forums such as that.

now..I will say this again...any means of a skill that targets players as a general for player vs player 

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#55 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:13

Well, I guess you would continue to pay then because "AS STATED PREVIOUSLY", you cannot steal during AFK if you /sit or go into a safe zone, you also cannot be thieved from while crafting, or fighting.

As for the last part, you're just another person being biased and not reading. You shouldn't be AFK anyways, and if you're going to, SIT DOWN, simple. No comment to the very last part, as it is tedious.

I see you didn't read his post at all..he said he won't be sitting to save his pockets as it is stupid lol..just like the entire idea.

meh I guess biased must have changed in definition...as I see anyone that disagrees with you must clearly be "biased".

Edited by HuMoR, 26 November 2014 - 01:15.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#56 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:17

Rat,

Guthix and Chel work together to troll and flame threads. I'm just going to start ignoring them.

Also note that most of these people just sit in TA all day. They aren't going to be affected by this skill if we just make it so that it can't be used in TA. They claim thieving is bad yet murder other players every chance they get. There's no use listening to them. As much as I would love to be able to "block" certain people from threads, we can't. So just ignore them :/

#57 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:17

Since OP changed a whole lot since I voted.
I will change it to a big ****** NO. You shuold never be able to steal someone hard earned or bought currency.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#58 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:18

Rat,

Guthix and Chel work together to troll and flame threads. I'm just going to start ignoring them.

Also note that most of these people just sit in TA all day. They aren't going to be affected by this skill if we just make it so that it can't be used in TA. They claim thieving is bad yet murder other players every chance they get. There's no use listening to them. As much as I would love to be able to "block" certain people from threads, we can't. So just ignore them :/

I actually don't troll or flame threads.. I simply point out very flawed ideas with peoples suggestions...

Edited by HuMoR, 26 November 2014 - 01:19.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#59 Rez

Rez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:19

I actually don't troll or flame threads.. I simply point out very flawed ideas with people suggestions...

In a very hostile manner while verbally abusing them, pushing them to react in a negative way. Oh yes, that isn't trolling or flaming at all.

#60 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:21

In a very hostile manner while verbally abusing them, pushing them to react in a negative way. Oh yes, that isn't trolling or flaming at all.

Coming from one who makes remarks just to engage in text combat over forums continually...put your keyboard away warrior its not yet your time. there is a time and place for everything. You aren't prepared for battle.

on the serious side,you are actually very incorrect,go back and read through all my posts and threads i have ever made.  :) enjoy looking ridiculous.

Edited by HuMoR, 26 November 2014 - 01:22.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: