BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 November 2022 - 14:50

Hi there everyone.

Today we are announcing the winners of our Fallen Sword Titan Design Competition!

First up, thank you to all of you who took part! There are loads of entries that we enjoyed and several that we may yet make use of. 

Without further ado, our finalists:

First Place: kingcap. Prize: 400 FSP and the Epic Item for their titan once it is released.

Name: Zurgol the Tiny

Classification: Greenskin

Lore: Zurgol was once a runt in terms of goblins, he acted cowardly and flee at the slightest hint of a fight. Because of this, he was often the target of scorn and attacked even by his own kind. One day he fled his home however, hoping to find a new land where he could live unafraid. He travelled and searched, but each area beyond the last was harder and more inhospitable for him. Eventually he gave up and attempted to return home, but having travelled for so long, passing through so many unknown passages and portals, he became lost. This however, would mark the beginning of the change for him. He found a decrepit and abandoned tower, once belonging to a powerful wizard. He began exploring, in search of food or water he eventually came to the highest levels, and found a potion in a glass box, surrounded by a magic circle that was long since destroyed from the touch of age and the sorry state of the tower. Believing he had nothing else to lose, he broke the glass and drank the potion. It forced his body to grow and change, becoming dozens of feet tall and granted newfound strength. Though an imperfect product, and the reason for its original containment, the growth he experienced was irregular and irreversible.

Physical Description: 30-40ft tall, one leg is thicker then the other, one arm is 3-4 feet shorter then the other, and his head is the normal size of a goblins head.

---

Second place: Revitalize. Prize: 200 FSP and the Epic Item for their titan

Name: Johari The Eyeless

Classification: Golem

Lore: Once a man of great ambition and drive, Johari, a blind man, wanted to become the greatest warrior-mage the world had ever seen. A man known to be kind and caring, but ruthless on the battlefield. He ventured far and wide in search for greatness. Johari slew any man, woman, beast or pest alike that ever dared cross his path.

One fateful evening while he rested before a great battle, the wizard he planned on facing the next morning had concocted a dire curse and placed it upon Johari as he slept.

This curse that was placed had done nothing more than work against the wizard, because Johari had melded with the forest beneath him and became the mountain itself that he laid upon. When he woke up, everything around him started to tear and crumble.

Johari had become what he sought out to be, but the manner it happened in, sent him into a never ending rage, annihilating anything in his way. Even those he had come to care for.

Physical Description: Mountain - Forest hair - waterfall mouth - eyeless - Long, Ridged limbs - weighs up to 100b tonnes

---

Third place: Belaric. Prize: 100 FSP and the Epic Item for their titan

Name: Doctor Morbidstein’s Revenge!

Classification: Magical

Lore: Unknown to his enemies, Doctor Morbidstein undertook the ultimate experiment - and operated on his own brain! The crazed genius believed he could double his power, by halving his mind! One half remained in his human body, the other, fused to a sorcerous copy of its missing hemisphere, was implanted into a gigantic hulk located beneath Castle Morbidstein. Fearing his Sons, aware of the twisted dimension and its imperfect copies, the good Doctor created a failsafe: that for as long as they lived, his other self would remain buried. But! In the event of his and their defeat, and after a waiting period to lull his enemies into a false sense of security, his gigantic alter ego would emerge from the ruins to terrorise his opponents and begin his experiments anew in a gigantic walking laboratory!

Never resting, never staying still, this titan teleports across Erildath in search of new specimens, even as it drops new Morbidsteinian monstrosities in its foul wake. With the human Doctor long defeated, this colossus considers itself the once and future Doctor, only true inheritor of the Morbidstein name!

Physical Description: A gargantuan patchwork flesh golem, with an oversized head half-wreathed in dark sorcerous energy. One arm holds a shovel, the other a cage, all the better to collect its specimens with! In its empty abdomen is a hollow crystal cube filled with grisly labs, each occupied by a tiny (life-sized) simulacrum of the original doctor, madly creating new monstrosities from the fresh harvest! 

---

Congratulations to the winners! We hope everyone who entered has enjoyed this! As we said at the start, we’ll have to adapt these and shrink their lore a touch but the ideas have been just wonderful!

Thanks again, 

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 Revitalize

Revitalize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 17:32

thank you so much! I'm honoured to have placed among the top 3!

#3 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 29 November 2022 - 17:55

Congrats to the other winners, and to everyone who took part, there were tons of great ideas there, and I'm glad the cows may use some of them in the future!

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 November 2022 - 21:06

Congratulations to the winners :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 Revitalize

Revitalize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 16:02

is there an approx date that the titan/item will be released? :) i am beyond excited!

#6 Arioche

Arioche

Producer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 December 2022 - 17:01

is there an approx date that the titan/item will be released? :) i am beyond excited!

Hello Revitalize!

We're hoping to release these Titans and their items for February  :)

#7 Revitalize

Revitalize

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 17:54

Hello Revitalize!

We're hoping to release these Titans and their items for February  :)

feb 25th is my bday wink wink :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: