Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2013 - 20:56

yes to all! 

I've come across some rude people in my travels needing on things when we are there helping someone else find something they need

a please and ty goes along way.

I really do enjoy helping out folks in game and most times I'm happy to do it for free (always looking for something to do) 

Crofil - 49  O=(`-`Q)

l0rdka0s - 49 Tank

Ridcully - 49 healer

Liforc - 49 Ranger

Nihilus - 49 Warsin

+ others

#22 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 28 August 2013 - 23:28

Still boils down to common courtesy, they should state their intentions and not ignore messages asking why they are doing it!

that's true. but be prepared for situation when game goes live and there will be 10 times more players - it means there will be 10 times more rude players. sad.png if someone doesnt use "please" in real life, i know its sad, but dont expect him to act different here.

what can you do when someone is rude (either way)? theres no chance to teach (pvp) him on site. :wacko: put him on personal ignore list? worthless. the only solution is to create community and try to push such individuals out.

or

[suggestion]

public in-game court - let community take care

judge dredd style? B) - players (not hcs staff) with limited powers above common

[/suggestion]

style5,Majjer.png

#23 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 August 2013 - 23:33

public in-game court - let community to take care

judge dredd style? B) - players (not hcs staff) with limited powers above common

Nah.... perhaps some unsocial Dungeonsolowing players will be jugged as well  :D

IGN

Captain Politness lvl 1 War.Ass.Pro.

Man.... its boring!!!!  Lets do some everyday TEAM PVP

#24 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 00:26

Nah.... perhaps some unsocial Dungeonsolowing players will be jugged as well  :D

be sure they would be - for not being social enough to share the loot :P

style5,Majjer.png

#25 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:07

This is a free-to-play, casual, browser-based mmo. If the rudeness quotient is getting to you now then your head is going to explode once the game goes live.

#26 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:44

Seems like some people misunderstood what i was getting at, all i'm doing is letting players know about using manners (is that wrong?) didn't say the rudeness was getting to me, all i have to do is iggy them, problem solved, but from some replies to this thread, it seems some players actively condone rudeness, if that's the case, let me know and i'll direct the rude players your way. I was only trying to get players to show common courtesy, would have thought most of the playerbase would have been all for that.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#27 thickenergy

thickenergy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:54

Nope, I understood. My comment was a general observation, not directed at you in particular, Kezza.

I doubt though that most rude people are rude by accident. They just don't care.

#28 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:37

i was thinking about travian game

Spoiler

on every active server there is a special player called multihunter, "played" by someone form community, whos only responsibility (and possibility to affect the world where "multihunting") is to "take care". he is paid for his role by something similar to eldevin points what he can spend on his chars on different servers.

style5,Majjer.png

#29 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:07

i was thinking about travian game

Spoiler

on every active server there is a special player called multihunter, "played" by someone form community, whos only responsibility (and possibility to affect the world where "multihunting") is to "take care". he is paid for his role by something similar to eldevin points what he can spend on his chars on different servers.

So if i extrapolate your idea correctly - you want some Eldevin coin paid tutors to teach people being good. Cooool i wanna be a professor of "good girls" university - perhaps we'll see 1-2 chicks in NEED after official game start.  :D So as strict professor i can punish their butts with huge ruler :D  

PS the idea is good. Tutors would low the total number or ALL AROUND NEEDERS. 

IGN

#30 Rorke

Rorke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 August 2013 - 14:20

I have mentioned this elsewhere but I think a simple Code of Conduct should be drawn up and adhered to by all players, or I am going to have one hell of an iggy list!

I am Warrior, I kill shit!

Tailoring-22: Cooking-30 : Jewelry-21: Alchemy-30 : Weapons-30: Leather-26 : Armor-17
Farming-30 : Prospect-30 : Crystal-29: Foraging-30 : Forestry-30 : Skinning-30 : Fishing-29

#31 Alpion

Alpion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 August 2013 - 17:50

I don't think much of a Code of Conduct for in-game can really be used other than the no harassing or griefing.  As far as the loot and begging, that's not something you can really say "can't" be done.  It's more something the players will police on their own by shunning those individuals that fail to play nice.  But since it's a MMORPG, that leaves playstyles open to being the jerk, begger, or creep.  That's their choice, and can only really be dealt with in-game by the players.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

#32 Majjer

Majjer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Slovakia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:19

So if i extrapolate your idea correctly - you want some Eldevin coin paid tutors to teach people being good. Cooool i wanna be a professor of "good girls" university - perhaps we'll see 1-2 chicks in NEED after official game start.  :D So as strict professor i can punish their butts with huge ruler :D  

PS the idea is good. Tutors would low the total number or ALL AROUND NEEDERS. 

in final, yes, you got to the point. :)

teaching "good girls" covers as well monitoring respecting of all rules including multiaccounting (player mules), using scripts and so on.

are there any (un)offical rules of eldevin issued by hcs? i'm just curious.

style5,Majjer.png

#33 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:08

are there any (un)offical rules of eldevin issued by hcs? i'm just curious.

Have no idea, perhaps only the general terms of use.

IGN

#34 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2013 - 20:00

Bah... its kind of needed to PIN the topic or make these rules at last written with HUGE LETTERS... 

Just got crappy experience with Rorke and some unnamed player :(

IGN

#35 Rorke

Rorke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 September 2013 - 21:05

Bah... its kind of needed to PIN the topic or make these rules at last written with HUGE LETTERS... 

Just got crappy experience with Rorke and some unnamed player :(

Totally pissed off at that player and I will happily pass on their name to anyone who wishes to avoid them :angry:

Tailoring-22: Cooking-30 : Jewelry-21: Alchemy-30 : Weapons-30: Leather-26 : Armor-17
Farming-30 : Prospect-30 : Crystal-29: Foraging-30 : Forestry-30 : Skinning-30 : Fishing-29

#36 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 September 2013 - 23:56

Totally pissed off at that player and I will happily pass on their name to anyone who wishes to avoid them :angry:

O-0

The world is cruel...as will I....

#37 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2013 - 13:06

Seeing as there are more new players that don't understand the concept of courtesy, i think this thread need s a bump, also i have noticed older players still not quite grasping the idea of what is right and what is not, please do not assist a player by attacking their target or healing them without asking them first (see xp gathering) and please send a message stating what a group invite is for before sending the said invite, respect another players views if he or she does not want to do certain instances etc and not costantly barrage them with invites or keep asking them to do to3, amun dragon etc, each player has his/her own preferences on playstyle, name and shame thread will be starting real soon if players continue with the rudeness.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#38 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:38

name and shame thread will be starting real soon if players continue with the rudeness.

This is one of our forums rules, the rest of which can be viewed here: http://forums.hunted...showtopic=56179

"No flaming or trolling

Don't post insults or attacks and don't intentionally try to annoy your fellow forum users. You can discuss, you can argue but don't make it personal or offensive."

A naming and shaming thread would most definitely be personal and offensive. I really understand your frustration (I've met the behavior you're describing while I've played other games in the past), but let's not go down that route. We've seen naming and shaming walls make a lot of trouble on the forums of our other games in the past and it ruins the community atmosphere.

If you're having trouble with a specific individual I would recommend that you put them on your ignore list and don't group with them again. Once enough people will refuse to play/interact with them, hopefully they will reevaluate the way they play the game.

Also, it's worth noting that if you have serious issues with an individual that surpass rudeness or needing on things in dungeons - issues that clearly go against our terms of service - go ahead and take a screenshot and submit it in a ticket. Even during beta individuals must adhere to our terms and conditions.

Edited by Anakiro, 17 September 2013 - 11:33.
Edited to clarify the second quote and where it came from.

#39 Rorke

Rorke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:22

Also, it's worth noting that if you have serious issues with an individual that surpass rudeness or needing on things in dungeons - issues that clearly go against our terms of service - go ahead and take a screenshot and submit it in a ticket. Even during beta individuals must adhere to our terms and conditions.

You guys play test the game too, you know as well as we do most of the repeat offenders, my ignore list is growing so those I have had issues with in the past I wont team up with again so cannot produce the evidence.

You could ask a dozen players to give you a list of 6 who they have had issues with in the past and I'll bet the same names crop up time and again.

Also, they know who they are and they don't give a toss either, so all we are left with is the ignore option, fairly sure someone who has spent their dollars on a founder pack is not going to be happy getting binned unless they are going to get some of that money refunded, unless of course it is specifically in the T&Cs

#40 ExtremelyPoliteGuy

ExtremelyPoliteGuy

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 September 2013 - 15:13

Emmmm

Sorry, but after spending a few hour with dictionary (English not native)... did i still get it correctly... Any player can report a NEEDER? and some measures are to be taken due to T&ะก?? :blink:

And if one behaves like a total 101% asshole, and i openly inform him that he is one via realm or group chat... That person can report me in being rude? :blink: That option is not quite good for players that use F word 25 times a day just due to personality peculiarities :D

IGN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: