#1 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 January 2018 - 17:13

It has been just over two weeks since I started working for Hunted Cow and I am pleased to tell you that I have been hard at work on the Fallen Sword Mobile Port! My first task at the company was to create a new and improved quest book based on the one found on the web page. This task is nearing completion and I am happy to share a couple screenshots of my progress! 

ActiveQuests.jpg Quest Details.jpg

Filter By Letter.jpg Quest Search.jpg

As you can see from the above images, the quest book is now displayed as an overlay to the main game and will display all the same information that can be found on the Fallen Sword website! We have worked hard to compress a large amount of information onto a single screen while keeping it easy to read and navigate.

Most of the layout is the same however you may notice a few differences. An obvious difference is that we are now using a drop down menu to display the options used to filter quests instead of the line of options that display them on the website. Another difference is that seasonal quests and normal quests use a single toggle button instead of the two individual buttons on the computer version. These quests can be toggled using the "Normal" button at the top right of the screen. The guide button still works the same way it always has, however it has now been given a new home tidily away on the details screen. A not so obvious change is that all quests will be displayed in a single list saving you flicking through pages upon pages of quests to find the one you want. We have also added a search bar to allow players to quickly search for quests by name. 

We hope you like these changes and are happy with the progress made over the last couple weeks. I will try and post updates regularly and keep you all in the loop as the mobile port is develops.

But before I go, I have one more announcement to make. Next week we have another programmer joining the Hunted Cow team and will be working alongside me on this mobile port! I hope you are all as excited to meet him as we are! 

Anyways, That's all from me for now, Catch you all later and Happy Hunting! :)

#2 Coohpal

Coohpal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 18:11

cool..i like it.. it looks like it was easy to understand .. when it will release on app store?

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 19:28

EXTREMELY GLAD TO SEE PROGRESS!!!

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 January 2018 - 19:33

verra nice....  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#5 ironlegs

ironlegs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 21:54

I am very happy to see some of the work being done on the Quest Book a much needed update for sure ,can't wait till it is actually put into action in the game .This is very promising for the changes being made for the rest of the updates planed for the future. Thank you for the work you are doing and your new partner should be a big plus on meeting a reasonable deadline.Hope to see you both in game soon .. Thanks Again ..

#6 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:04

Aye looking good and keep up the good work,I am also looking forward to all new progress and updates. :)

#7 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 13:08

I assume other pages will soon be following suit? Like the Bounty Board, maybe the Item Mailbox, and Blacksmith? Along with others

#8 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2018 - 18:05

I'm really happy you all like the look of the quest book! I hope you all enjoy using it too when V0.2 comes out. No release date for this of yet, we are taking our time to make sure it is done right. And yes Cucullainn, Everything is getting a revamp for both the mobile port and the PC version on Steam. We will release screens and information when they become available. I look forward to hearing your opinions on everything that is released. :)

#9 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:27

It has been just over two weeks since I started working for Hunted Cow and I am pleased to tell you that I have been hard at work on the Fallen Sword Mobile Port! My first task at the company was to create a new and improved quest book based on the one found on the web page. This task is nearing completion and I am happy to share a couple screenshots of my progress!

ActiveQuests.jpg Quest Details.jpg
Filter By Letter.jpg Quest Search.jpg

As you can see from the above images, the quest book is now be displayed as an overlay to the main game and will display all the same information that can be found on the Fallen Sword website! We have worked hard to compress a large amount of information onto a single screen while keeping it easy to read and navigate.

Are these actually screenshots or made up images of what it will possibly look like? To me they appear false. I have determined this because the fourth image is missing information...

Hmm

#10 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 February 2018 - 15:13

Are these actually screenshots or made up images of what it will possibly look like? To me they appear false. I have determined this because the fourth image is missing information...

Hmm

Yes, these are real screenshots and should be working. What information is the 4th image missing? If there is something wrong we have not spotted it. We appreciate any errors you as a community find so we can fix the them before any updates are released.

#11 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 15:24

In the first image Signs and Portents in Active. Is this why it's not listed with the rest of the Epics in the last image? Also I don't see the New Epic listed either? Winter Witch Woes! (Epic Xmas)

#12 JustConix

JustConix

Junior Game Programmer

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 February 2018 - 15:55

The quests are now all divided up into their categories, so when the Available Quests tab is selected only quests which have not yet been started will be displayed. That is why "Signs and Portents" is not displayed in the 4th image (as that is on of the few quests my character has actually started :P). Same goes for Normal and Seasonal quests. When the tab is set to normal, only normal quests are displayed and vice versa for when set to seasonal. This is why "Winter Witch Woes" is not displayed in the 4th image. I know it is not clear in the images posted so I apologise for any confusion. I hope this clears things up?

#13 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 18:28

Ok

Edited by cucullainn, 07 February 2018 - 03:39.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: