GvG opt in and opt out option

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 fs_zyhpr

fs_zyhpr
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2012 - 18:39

If we would make GvG be optional just like a PvP ladder, then this would make the GvG much more competitive. And those HCS karma points idea can be implemented. A low level can learn about the game until they are ready, without being pondered with GvG, which forced them to repair their equipment all the time as they login.
A small guild can be left alone without being targeted by GvG, and
Those who participate on GvG can be much more competitive and failr (eliminate harversting or farming points).
A nurturing guild can have a chance as a heaven for newbies.
Just an idea ...

#2 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 18:48

would rather see a cap on GvG attack to players level 25-50+ than an opt in option

#3 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 18:49

@first post That could make gvg die as we would have less guild targets. I dislike very much of this idea

#4 lordthade

lordthade

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 19:19

I think you're right.

It's almost like people don't want to be hit... hmmmm....

I'm sure there's a correlation there to something else in the game, too....

[/sarcasm]

To be more serious, this has been mentioned several times and I wholeheartedly support it (particularly when I used to be in a punching ba-- I mean "guild"-- that was routinely farmed). It makes it difficult to recruit, to hold on to recruits, and to hold on to players in general.

However, this thread will most likely be locked soon as the Cows have made clear they aren't fond of the notion. ;-)

#5 fs_zyhpr

fs_zyhpr
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2012 - 22:44

Please explain how can this make the GvG to die. What it does is to prevent harvesting and farming on a guild that careless about GvG and more concentrating about its member to understand more about the game. it prevent players to be taken advantage of or exploited for points.
For a guild that want to do GvG, then they can opt in, thus a guild can have a chance to be competitive or to be ready to do so.

Thus this would make the game more attractive for a new player.
All guild can start recruiting easily or holding on to player

#6 ratslayer

ratslayer

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 23:24

I'm a gvg'er for a small guild i can tell you i hate this idea, the cost for a small guild wanting to gain rep would cost wayyy to much

#7 Strykes

Strykes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:36

Sure,

While we're at it , i would like an option to be able to opt out of being posted on the BB pls =P

#8 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:41

Simply the only way to gain experience is to do something , you will never learn if you never do.It is why pure leveller guilds generally produce players that have a very poor understanding of game dynamics.

#9 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 16:05

@ratslayer What's GvG when you find easy targets? Isn't the whole point of a GvG to fight people who can fight back? See who the better guild truly is? Amazing how GvG is a synonym for rp items

#10 fs_zyhpr

fs_zyhpr
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2012 - 18:29

This does not affect cost at all, ratslayer. The cost to initiate GvG and the aspect of GvG would still be the same. You just dont like this idea because, all the idle guild now can opt out of GvG (if they wanted to), which you no longer can easily target.

#11 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2012 - 20:02

Creating opt outs, from key aspects of the game is not good for the health of the game imo.

#12 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 00:53

No, just not a good idea at all

Screenshot everything!

#13 Shadow19231

Shadow19231

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:41

Creating opt outs, from key aspects of the game is not good for the health of the game imo.

Even though i wish that it was possible, i agree 100%. I love to hunt but i should know how to protect myself with a GvG set too! (which i haven't actually bought yet lol)

#14 Versair

Versair

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 17:56

I think you're right.

It's almost like people don't want to be hit... hmmmm....

I'm sure there's a correlation there to something else in the game, too....

[/sarcasm]

To be more serious, this has been mentioned several times and I wholeheartedly support it (particularly when I used to be in a punching ba-- I mean "guild"-- that was routinely farmed). It makes it difficult to recruit, to hold on to recruits, and to hold on to players in general.

However, this thread will most likely be locked soon as the Cows have made clear they aren't fond of the notion. ;-)

All of this

#15 fs_zyhpr

fs_zyhpr
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2012 - 16:33

HCS is planning a new GvG system, which hopefully will globalize the GvG, using army skeleton and such, so I am hoping it would be give all guilds fair and equal chances of winning.
This Opt in and opt out GvG will fix the issue too
This old one is rather a broken system, people who is not interested on GvG are forced upon them. (2 weeks old) Newbies getting slaughtered by low level senior. Also its more like buffs and equipments contest (for larger guild to dominate). The dominant guild which mostly have both enjoyed the most, while the other side would not. They would find enjoyment somewhere else (arena for example), hunting or doing other things. tooo bad you cant turn it off, so they be a punching bag forever....

How would you expect a newbie be interested on the game, where they be whacked 50 times or more a day? forced to repair equipments and learn the dynamic of the game, forced to ignore the defeated logs. There are million other games online, they would rather play something else ...

There are GvGer that is still honorable, sadly there are GvGer thats been farming because simple nothing is done to prevent it. The currently system is rewarding player to target newbies for FSP, how is this not broken.

#16 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 07 August 2012 - 19:38

HCS is planning a new GvG system, which hopefully will globalize the GvG, using army skeleton and such, so I am hoping it would be give all guilds fair and equal chances of winning.
This Opt in and opt out GvG will fix the issue too
This old one is rather a broken system, people who is not interested on GvG are forced upon them. (2 weeks old) Newbies getting slaughtered by low level senior. Also its more like buffs and equipments contest (for larger guild to dominate). The dominant guild which mostly have both enjoyed the most, while the other side would not. They would find enjoyment somewhere else (arena for example), hunting or doing other things. tooo bad you cant turn it off, so they be a punching bag forever....

How would you expect a newbie be interested on the game, where they be whacked 50 times or more a day? forced to repair equipments and learn the dynamic of the game, forced to ignore the defeated logs. There are million other games online, they would rather play something else ...

There are GvGer that is still honorable, sadly there are GvGer thats been farming because simple nothing is done to prevent it. The currently system is rewarding player to target newbies for FSP, how is this not broken.

I might be wrong.... But I think the current system IS the re-vamped system. What we got now is the bigger better GvG system.

As for opt-in and out I'd say absolutely not

I do think though again might be mistaken there has been talk about adding yet another type of gameplay that is similar to gvg though different and distinct

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: