10 replies to this topic

#1 Empathia

Empathia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 13:01

Please, we really DO need a better way to mine - all that double clicking causes RSI.  :(

#2 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 13:19

That's why I use the Windows Ease of Access tools, especially for the double-click.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...in7/index.shtml

(This is a more detailed explanation then the one I found on the MS site.  I skipped the video so can't comment on that, but the text is well written and complete.)

The article says Vista, but it works the same in Win 7.  Don't know about Win 8.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#3 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 13:30

You raise a valid point. If I am in a mine and I am standing over a mineral node. Chances are I am there to mine. So why do I have to doube click repeatedly. Or maybe we are both doing it wrong and there is an easier way. Possibly I would love me having only to click my mouse once and my character mines twice as long as he would normally do and then stops............ I one click again. I have noticed my hand starting to hurt a bit from the extra clicks and adjustments I have to do as they seem to be heavily layered into the game.

Edited by HappyDays, 15 January 2014 - 13:37.

#4 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 13:33

double post

Edited by HappyDays, 15 January 2014 - 13:34.

#5 Truth

Truth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 15:06

Right Click - Only need one click to collect from nodes.

[   ] Simple Menus must be enabled in the first tab of Options. It's located near the bottom left of the Options UI.

#6 Empathia

Empathia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 16:18

Thanks to Irradiated & to truth for that info :)

Either way though .. it's still a lot of repetative movements.

I have problems with my joints & this does create a problem for me as I'm sure it does for anyone else with joint probs or with carpal tunnel syndrome

Some of us who play the game are 'golden oldies'  ;)

Edited by Empathia, 15 January 2014 - 16:19.

#7 Honey

Honey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 16:19

I agree there should be a one click option and mine all the ore until it has gone.  I already suffer with RSI and it causes me great pain in clicking all the time. 

Please may we have the option to mine all, thank you!! 

Edited by Honey, 15 January 2014 - 16:25.

#8 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 16:37

Hey,

I would just like to mention that we are listening to your feedback. The simple menu option has been added recently to improve this.

There will be almost certainly be an option to gather all eventually, cannot give you a delivery estimate on it though. It will be a fair amount of work to do.

#9 Honey

Honey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 16:44

Thank you Livingtarget, I also wanted to ask about the camera angle.  Is there going to be an improvement where you can actually look a bit further down?  I like to see the characters face and back etc also when running around I like a different view, a bit lower?

Thank you 

#10 Empathia

Empathia

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 17:28

Ty for the reply LivingTarget  :)

I have realised that you guys DO listen to your community of players & it's what led me to become a supporter of the game in the 1st place.

Seems fair to me .. you support us & so we support you.

The simple menu option certainly makes things easier .. & I thank Truth for pointing it out to me .. but long term, I can only do so much clicking, whether it be one click or 2 

Thanks again for the support ..  I do love the game  :wub:

#11 livingtarget

livingtarget

Senior Programmer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 January 2014 - 19:42

Thank you Livingtarget, I also wanted to ask about the camera angle.  Is there going to be an improvement where you can actually look a bit further down?  I like to see the characters face and back etc also when running around I like a different view, a bit lower?

Thank you 

Unfortunately not until we get 3D acceleration which is still a while off. We are currently writing that but we have still a lot to do on it. More like months rather than weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: