Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2016 - 20:40

I like the idea of knowing the game is getting attention hence road map...otherwise for all i know bleep all is happening and then why should i even play at that point.

Sure I'm not saying we don't have any "Coming Soon!" list - just not a massive roadmap that's likely to change :)

#22 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 00:55

You seem to be missing the point. Players want to see updates (especially code updates) to the game otherwise they’d get the impression that the developers have lost interest in the game. With so many great ideas posted by both the players and the cows, and “approved” by HCS, there’s a lot that can be done to make Fallen Sword better and more enjoyable for current and new players.

I think you managed to say what I was thinking in a much more diplomatic way. There's nothing negative about asking if the game is going to fail because of abandonment. Hoof, for whatever reason, has been noticeably absent without any word or explanation. During the last couple months very little has been said by Hoof, and even less done. The coding bandaids imo have been a joke. I will say frankly that I have very little faith in the game's health, like others it appears, precisely because of a lack of Hoof's presence.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#23 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:04

I am not saying I don't feel the same way, too. Only after beating my head against the wall with similar posts. Have found that I have given up. Because I already feel as though it may have been abandoned. :(
I got a puppy. Since then my blood pressure is down. I have stopped drinking, and cut down on my smoking. If I hadn't had back surgery and could get around better. I would try to make up some of the time I have sat on my backside in front of the computer. I missed So much time not doing stuff with my kids. I wonder, after 10 years.
So Hoof, What's shaking?

#24 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:04

Sure I'm not saying we don't have any "Coming Soon!" list - just not a massive roadmap that's likely to change :)

Right...Wasn't alluding to a massive road map. Just like to know whats to come kinda :P.

#25 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:25

I think it's better to announce updates as they are upcoming and then released rather than having a long roadmap. Will be posting up what's coming next once the FS guide update goes live.

If I saw something new developed it might conjure up the old donation juices. Alas even promises don't instill any longer. Quid pro quo Clarisse, quid pro quo.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#26 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 14:23

Hoof....

Just give BG access to your accounts with the caveat that he ONLY post "Thanks, we'll look into it" from your account.

From my personal view, go live your life and have fun raising your daughter. Code when you can, but have fun.

Personally, I'd suggest hiring a person for social media. BG can't possibly handle content and dealing with all the griping.

A lot of good forum ideas are also lost and that's normal.

If the current company structure doesn't allow for that, so be it.

My only suggestion based on the current state of things is to put out a roadmap as has been suggested.

Probably I would suggest a new forum link that is ONLY added to by HCS, IF you really want to touch base with players.

And that said, don't pay too much attention to anything said here in the forums.

As things stand, we are around 10 "fools" that have too much time on our hands. Our ideas most likely have little to do with what the general population thinks.

In short, you could touch base here, but, as in the past, please run ideas past the community.

Thanks.

#27 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2016 - 21:54

Apologies for not posting as much on the forum recently. I'll try and check in more often and also feedback more on the ideas. I really enjoy working on the game and I'm hoping to be able to dedicate a lot more time to it soon.

#28 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 23:34

Apologies for not posting as much on the forum recently. I'll try and check in more often and also feedback more on the ideas. I really enjoy working on the game and I'm hoping to be able to dedicate a lot more time to it soon.

Thanks! <crosses fingers>

[Signature removed]

#29 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 20:06

No worries at all Hoof. Please spend more time on the game than in responding to the 10 people we are that post constant nonsense here.

I'm quite sure that the other tons of players in FS that don't bother with the Forum will appreciate it. (oO

#30 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2016 - 20:14

No worries at all Hoof. Please spend more time on the game than in responding to the 10 people we are that post constant nonsense here.

I'm quite sure that the other tons of players in FS that don't bother with the Forum will appreciate it. (oO

If that were the case Egami, no-one woud be badgering him.

The fact that nothing (or VERY little), other than content is being done is cause for concern for the games future - or, isn't it a concern for you ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#31 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 21:21

If that were the case Egami, no-one woud be badgering him.

The fact that nothing (or VERY little), other than content is being done is cause for concern for the games future - or, isn't it a concern for you ?

Hmmm, disagree. No matter what is done, I'm sure there will be people badgering.

In a nutshell, sure, but if he is "the coder", then he should concentrate on that.

Personally, I don't get why the content creator is also the person who polices the forums.

All seems very inefficient and extremely cheap to me... But hey, they had "voluntary mods" at some point.

In short, if more was done for the game... I would applaud that more than Hoof making a post once in awhile.

Wouldn't you?

#32 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 26 June 2016 - 21:55

Hmmm, disagree. No matter what is done, I'm sure there will be people badgering.

In a nutshell, sure, but if he is "the coder", then he should concentrate on that.

Personally, I don't get why the content creator is also the person who polices the forums.

All seems very inefficient and extremely cheap to me... But hey, they had "voluntary mods" at some point.

In short, if more was done for the game... I would applaud that more than Hoof making a post once in awhile.

Wouldn't you?

Absolutely I would - but, if there's nothing (bar content) being done for the game and there are no posts from the games creator, I'd be trying to find out why, and calling for said person to be more available to (ideally) give some update(s) and/or future plans for the game.

Wouldn't you ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#33 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 26 June 2016 - 22:20

I'm sure Hoof is fascinated to see which persons opinion will win out in the end, but, perhaps we should stop the childish 'back and forths' before we scare Hoof away for another few months...

We're better than this, people.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#34 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 14:25

sorry. but i have to agree that seeing no "HOOF" in the forums was quite worrysome..other games from the cows have fallen off the earth..so why wouldn't fallensword..seen very little game improvements to many aspects of the game that need it: prizes are not the fix to everything..the mechanics of the game need changing....many good ideas in forum being wasted....some very simple coding changes..still not done.. makes us, that play a lot wonder-  what is the state of the game...it is a fair question..as is wondering where the main coder and man in charge "HOOF" has been...seems everything except content is in a holding pattern..and not getting out of it...so sad..this game used to be so much fun..fun has died..how do you get it back ? 

#35 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 18:12

I wonder if the player base thinks about this much:

The more time Hoof spends here in the forums the less time he spends on coding.

I've not heard of any new happening that would allow one person to be in two places at the same time.   Perhaps in time....

#36 Calista

Calista

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 18:24

Personally, I find it important to see evidence of Hoof being around. No offense meant to Grim, but when it's just him running the show, he can go to some very strange places with the rules. Hoof has many times come in at the right time and helped straighten out the issues that pop up. There needs to be more then one Dev involved, with different perspectives of how things should run in the game. It keeps things better balanced. 

I don't see any negative posts here. Just people expressing concerns or asking questions. That is the point of the forum, after all.  Not all the nonsense bickering that tends to follow most topics.

Nice to see you around still, Hoof. Thanks for listening to the concerns and questions from your player base. Even the little things help to put our minds at ease that the cow-S are still here with us. 

#37 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 June 2016 - 20:00

@Hoofmaster passing out hugs to you so you do not forget to come back and tease us with other HCS staff on fs game updates. :wub:   ;)  :lol:   I like seeing all developers peeking in and seeing new updates improvements  posted is good. I hope the community cheers seeing all HCS staff floating in and teasing us with their creative game improvement changes.  :wub:  :ph34r:

#38 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2016 - 14:41

Personally we've had more coding updates the past several months than we had been seeing over the couple years prior to that. People throwing a fit over Seasons rather than suggesting changes to it did more to stifle what the cows were working on methinks than people realize.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#39 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 15:20

Personally we've had more coding updates the past several months than we had been seeing over the couple years prior to that. People throwing a fit over Seasons rather than suggesting changes to it did more to stifle what the cows were working on methinks than people realize.

You are pretty quick to point the blame on players for development missteps. HCS attempted a major overhaul of two established game aspects - the Ladder and Bounty Board - that turned out to be widely unpopular for a variety of reasons. As a result, rather than working with players as had always been done in the past, they gave up and pulled the plug. They quit. That was a first. And this forum is filled with Season suggestions so again to blame players for its failure is just wrong. The only decision maker around here is Hoof, plain and simple. It's obvious to me his priorities have been aimed elsewhere. He needs to spend more then a few minutes once a month to call it development, where his actions will meet his latest words to make the game thrive again.

Edited by sweetlou, 29 June 2016 - 15:26.

[Signature removed]

#40 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2016 - 15:38

That poll had almost no time for input, and the get rid of it wasn't a majority. I made a point in regards to the cows seemed to have a lot of content planned based on that overhaul.

Also, I DO actually blame a SMALL number of players who mainly just backbench, don't support the game, talk trash about the cows, and screech when they have the ability to punish people for intruding on an area of the game they domineer altered. I think we BOTH know if the poll had been a week long ordeal you lot wouldn't have been happy with the results. 

Also, how many times have you said you were quitting the game to try to force the cows to do what you want like a 10 year old?

Edited by Gutie, 29 June 2016 - 15:40.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: