• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tegwean

Tegwean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 16:40

You know how for like all the global events you guys give 2 extra chest for being in the top 100, anyway could you make it for the top 101-200 they get 1 extra chest. Im sure for some of the globals it would make more people want to fight for just that 1 extra chest if not it's cool i was just wondering.

They still wouldn't get the top 100 medal just the 1 extra chest making sure that is clear.

Edited by Tegwean, 29 July 2016 - 16:41.

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:29

Never gonna happen. Might as well go top 250 and change the medal associated with it. And thats just unfair to those that have gone before to change it up midstream.

You want extra chests, burn your stam twice or three times to catch up with those with massive stam banks, or spend some dots for more current stam like everybody else does. Sorry hon, I'm sure most will agree with me here.....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 Tegwean

Tegwean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:50

How is it fair i seen people waste full stamina hunts like 32 to almost 40k stamina on a global event to get nothing extra for it (An then others like me that only do bare minimum kills just for what reward we can get an qualify medal) ? An how is it fair every now an then they will reward people who got so many kills over the normal amount of kills without warning them on the home post that they were going to do this (An yes i know they only did it once but that was still unfair for them not to warn people) ? So you're telling me that if someone waste that much stamina they don't desrve something extra. An this isn't even going to help me out so don't look at me i hunted the day before this ge came out so im only going to have 12k stamina to do anything lol im only going to get 9k so this wouldn't even affect me. But we have many frag events that not a lot of people join in but they still fight over top 100 so giving 1 extra little chest for 101-200 an making more people fight to get that 1 extra little chest  how would that be bad?

If you need an example heres 1 at the last zombie yeomen event the 100th person got 124962kills so that means the person right below was prob around 120k how is it fair he wasted that much stamin while a lot only did 9k kills an he gets nothing extra not even 1 simple chest?

Edited by Tegwean, 30 July 2016 - 07:56.

#4 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:05

There's so many things I could say about that. So you expand it. The count goes up. How is it more fair for # 201, in your scenario, or #251 in mine. Life ain't always fair, sugar, we can't all be winners. I'll tell you this, those with those huge gigantic stam banks have invested more than just hours into the hunt, they've sunk cold hard cash into it too. It's a gamble they were willing to make to get to the top.

Consider this. One player I know consistently got to top 100 WITHOUT GB. He hunted them 1 by 1 for the frag drops. Is expanding top xxx or adding a new tier for extra chests fair to him?

It's a contest, a race, sugar. Many will play, few will win.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#5 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:12

Never gonna happen. Might as well go top 250 and change the medal associated with it. And thats just unfair to those that have gone before to change it up midstream.

You want extra chests, burn your stam twice or three times to catch up with those with massive stam banks, or spend some dots for more current stam like everybody else does. Sorry hon, I'm sure most will agree with me here.....

As much as I dislike the Super pot rewards associated with the game https://forums.hunte...ul/#entry964147, the idea to compensate 100 players who just don't have the stam bank to compete with those who have up to 1/2 a million stam seems okay to me.

HCS changes their mind all the time starting with PvP Protection, so changing ANYTHING is really possible as long as there is a convinced development decision by Hoof. The "never gonna happen" mantra is over!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#6 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:29

The "never gonna happen" mantra is over!

Deleted post - from overwhelming headaches as a result of repeated banging of head against brick walls :)

Edited by Pardoux, 30 July 2016 - 11:42.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#7 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:27

Too much of a slippery slope, even if it were changed the people who then miss out at 201 would start complaining, then 301 etc etc.

You want to get top 100? You want the rewards? UPGRADE YOUR CHARACTER!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#8 Tegwean

Tegwean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 15:14

Ok ok you win just lock this thread kind of thought it was pointless posting it but thought i would give it a try :)

#9 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 23:24

Deleted post - from overwhelming headaches as a result of repeated banging of head against brick walls :)

I really feel the headache of playing these days where donation drives are thrown out there without a single coding improvement, beyond some bandaids, being added in a very long time. Still waiting on Daily Quests but could still be waiting on mobile platform too so I'll await delivery before us players can celebrate.

So these types of suggestions really have no realistic hope of implementation. We are relegated to bare bones development. Someone prove me wrong!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#10 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:19

Nvm

Edited by TxLxS, 31 July 2016 - 01:20.

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:56

I really feel the headache of playing these days where donation drives are thrown out there without a single coding improvement, beyond some bandaids, being added in a very long time. Still waiting on Daily Quests but could still be waiting on mobile platform too so I'll await delivery before us players can celebrate.

So these types of suggestions really have no realistic hope of implementation. We are relegated to bare bones development. Someone prove me wrong!

And that was my point.

But you and I have been around a long time, some have not. There have been changes that met protests by the score. I never chimed in about the latest aborted changes to the PvP system because it wasn't around long enough for me to form an opinion one way or another.

I do know that expanding the top GE list to include a second top list would cause an outcry from the folks on the third top list, ad nauseum. Better that it stay as is or just be scrapped entirely.

But if it does change, I also want all those inactives removed from my top monthly so I can slide on up to the top. But since it's a top 250 list rather than a top 100 list, I don't think I'll hold my breath.

And while we're adding stuff, how about new annual service medals for years 7,8,9 and 10..... Mine has been diamond for quite some time (Amethyst for one of them cuz I really really really dig purple things)

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#12 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:14

Has been suggested and declined before. Sorry.

*Closed*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: