Photo

Ladder Potions Question

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Ladder Potions (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Ladder Potions : Are they ?

1. Fine as they are for both PvE and PvP (9 votes [47.37%])

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

2. Fine as they are for PvE , but shouldn't be usable in PvP (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

3. Fine as they are for PvE, but should have their level capped (200?) for PvP (5 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

4. Should be "nerfed" across the board (3 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:07

To expand on the thread (https://forums.hunte...e=1#entry964147) started by Luis, this is my attempt to break it down and get a more in-depth response.

Luis's thread pretty much descended into anarchy and vitriole, let's TRY to keep this one (and the others, regarding other mega-potions) civil please ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#2 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:32

As I have never used a ladder potion (I don't play the ladder) I just don't know either way. So my vote is none of the above.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#3 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:34

My opinion is widely known, they need to be nerfed across the board.
(Of course many won't be willing to let go of their win buttons, so they won't be...)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#4 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 15:59

N/A

But next time an area needs some love and potions are talked about, please remember all of this then put both feet in mouth and sit on hands to prevent a repeat of this.

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 19:07

I think they should all be increased in power, lmao.

I don't believe they're a win button. After all, I have tons of ladder tokens. 

So, PvP out. And PvE, not too sure how useful, though I guess the balanced draft could go there. Better leveling pots than what the Ladder pots offer, but they could be used. 

In a nutshell, these pots are "readily" available to all. Grant it, there is a "huge" sacrifice. Please note that "huge" is in quotes. 

#6 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 22:29

My opinion is widely known, they need to be nerfed across the board.
(Of course many won't be willing to let go of their win buttons, so they won't be...)

Doom, I concur. The problem I see isn't about how the pots are gained, whether it be through GEs, Ladder play or Composing. It is how negatively effected the game is because of the triple and quadruple increased skill levels now available to a select few compared to what the standard levels are. Sure everyone has the potential to earn them but the reality is much different. I seriously believe Hoof has been so busy running the Company he doesn't know what's going on. Meanwhile Grim has been busy cranking up the skill levels like he's feeding goldfish - they will keep eating until they die. PvP is much more hyper sensitive to the discrepancies but it has a big impact on PvE as well. Now there is a group of players who rightly claim they worked hard to earn these Composed pots. Why should they give up the omnipotence? Ironically to play the Ladder it is almost a requirement. Global Event pots have only made the game focus on pot management. I'm in the consensus with others that the skills need to be nerfed way down, maxing out about 200-250. Those level 60 composers and Ladder token holders can be given some other skills, be it higher levels or something new, as long as the stat changing skill levels are left reasonable to play against all others and the game! Now that we've all had a taste of God-like stats pushing donation drives where the pots are also crazy would be a windfall.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#7 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 04:26

Doom, I concur. The problem I see isn't about how the pots are gained, whether it be through GEs, Ladder play or Composing. It is how negatively effected the game is because of the triple and quadruple increased skill levels now available to a select few compared to what the standard levels are. Sure everyone has the potential to earn them but the reality is much different. I seriously believe Hoof has been so busy running the Company he doesn't know what's going on. Meanwhile Grim has been busy cranking up the skill levels like he's feeding goldfish - they will keep eating until they die. PvP is much more hyper sensitive to the discrepancies but it has a big impact on PvE as well. Now there is a group of players who rightly claim they worked hard to earn these Composed pots. Why should they give up the omnipotence? Ironically to play the Ladder it is almost a requirement. Global Event pots have only made the game focus on pot management. I'm in the consensus with others that the skills need to be nerfed way down, maxing out about 200-250. Those level 60 composers and Ladder token holders can be given some other skills, be it higher levels or something new, as long as the stat changing skill levels are left reasonable to play against all others and the game! Now that we've all had a taste of God-like stats pushing donation drives where the pots are also crazy would be a windfall.

TL:DR just scale them down proportionately... Composing will still be strong. etc...

Edited by EpicPiety, 07 August 2016 - 04:27.

#8 dobroeutro

dobroeutro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 11 August 2016 - 16:11

I think they're fine as the are... biggrin.png

#9 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:11

In my book, the pots from the ladder are not a really game breaking. Sure they give an advantage, but no where near what you get from composing/global pots.

I do have a Q though.... why is the options only about "being fine for PvE..." These pots are "earned" though playing something that is similar to PvP, so shouldn't the question be about these "being fine for PvP..."

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:26

I seriously believe Hoof has been so busy running the Company he doesn't know what's going on. Meanwhile Grim has been busy cranking up the skill levels like he's feeding goldfish - they will keep eating until they die.

Actually, these are discussed between Hoofmaster and I when designed so please don't try any divisive comments or play a blame game.

#11 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 14:43

Cow tipping?   They do better on their feet than on their side trying to get up. lol

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 18:19

Actually, these are discussed between Hoofmaster and I when designed so please don't try any divisive comments or play a blame game.

Out of pure curiosity when this was being discussed why was it thought to be viable or a good idea. Not bashing just trying to see both sides.

#13 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 18:33

How I think it comes to be: The cows make a "What would you like to see," thread and ask for input from the community.

Sooo, I think this is the admin's response to ideas put forth by the player base.

I have noticed that more often than not, potion levels suggested are on the high side.  Higher and higher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: