Photo

Invisable Invader Titan Life

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Invisible Invader Titan Life (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Invisible Invader Titan Have a Limited Timed Life? maybe a week or 2 weeks max

1. yes (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. no (16 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

Should the Invisible Invader Appear on the map if it hasnt been killed in a while

1. Yes (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. no (16 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 16:45

i have seen the invisible invader be out for weeks at a time - not too long ago our guild finished killing off the invisible invader and once it was dead all kill logs in the scout tower disappeared -i figure this was because it had spawned weeks before hand 

Edited by matt2269f, 02 September 2016 - 22:39.

#2 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 17:42

here are some facts to take into consideration when deciding to vote 

1) there is 31 invader boots in the game (considering it was released December 7th of 2015 )

2) the invader boots is the lowest lvl epic with temporal enhancement and worth a few hundred fsp

3) Clean up on titan will use 10k+ stam (if very high lightfoot and conserve are used )

4) the maps are huge 

#3 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 18:01

ST  Time  17:58  01/Sep/2016 there is 2712 tkp left on invader    each day i will update the tkp left 

#4 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2016 - 18:31

I'm confused, if your guild just finished killing the titan off how can it still have titan hp?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2016 - 19:40

I'm confused, if your guild just finished killing the titan off how can it still have titan hp?

I think the implication is they did that on the LAST one, but don't want to do it again this time - so it should "lapse" rather than someone clean it up for them ;)

Noce to see the vote is already 4:1 against :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 23:17

yes on the previous invader we did do clean up over a period of several weeks / and because it did take so long to get rid of the titan from its spawn date - the tkp logs of who did how many were instantly gone off the scout tower as we had done more that 10 titans since its spawn 

on the current invader i solo secured it over a period of 2 days 

the point i am trying to get across is very very few will even bother with this titan as its too demanding on both time and stam - something must be done to get more interest in players hunting  it 

so many votes no yet no one is commenting on why 

Edited by matt2269f, 01 September 2016 - 23:46.

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2016 - 23:51

yes on the previous invader we did do clean up over a period of several weeks / and because it did take so long to get rid of the titan from its spawn date - the tkp logs of who did how many were instantly gone off the scout tower as we had done more that 10 titans since its spawn 

on the current invader i solo secured it over a period of 2 days 

the point i am trying to get across is very very few will even bother with this titan as its too demanding on both time and stam - something must be done to get more interest in players hunting  it 

so many votes no yet no one is commenting on why 

Here's a why then :)

No other titan elapses if it's not killed. So, why should this one ?

OK, it's invisible (and, personally, I'd have put it on a smaller map because of that) but hey, like all other titans, if you want the item and no-one else is willing to do the clean up work, then you have to do it yourself, or walk away with nothing ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 00:05

i agree it should be on a smaller map too 

i dont think it should just disappear either -thats why i added the second question about making it appear on the map to entice players to go after it if no one has killed it in a while (say 15 mins 30 mins even an hr ) after its killed it returns to invisible till timer runs out again

but titans not being finished off in reasonable amounts of time is why titan doubler was invented

also having a 12k tkp claim is a bit much for this type of titan - 9k claim probably would be better 

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2016 - 00:09

i agree it should be on a smaller map too 

i dont think it should just disappear either -thats why i added the second question about making it appear on the map to entice players to go after it if no one has killed it in a while (say 15 mins 30 mins even an hr ) after its killed it returns to invisible till timer runs out again

but titans not being finished off in reasonable amounts of time is why titan doubler was invented

also having a 12k tkp claim is a bit much for this type of titan - 9k claim probably would be better 

I agree about TKP being too high now - but then again, most of those that secure will not be happy if the TKP requirement is lowered because it further devalues the drop (given those non-securers can claim the item more "easily")

Perhaps some indicator on the map to show which quadrant it's in could be done if it's not killed in "X" amount of hours ? - but I would have NO idea to the simplicity of that, or even the practicality

#10 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 00:31

Or maybe what I suggested about balance out tkp and secure to where there is no secure just tkp needed to purchase so there is no mopping up its everyone earning there tkp no one "loses out"

#11 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 00:54

something - lol hell anything to put a spark back into what is a novel idea 

#12 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:57

but then again, most of those that secure will not be happy if the TKP requirement is lowered because it further devalues the drop (given those non-securers can claim the item more "easily")

That argument can be made against every idea that would increase the number of people willing to hunt this titan.  "Why should they go on smaller maps when I had to suffer with so much walking/searching to secure my boots?" ...

There are times when one just has to accept that plans need to be improved and that some people will feel put out by that. At least in this case there are only 31 secures, and some of them made by people who are driving this request. If there were ever a time to make something more readily achievable without disgruntling those who have already done it, this must be a good candidate.

Another idea might be a new buff --- one that gives guidance on location, but not complete information.

#13 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:02

Also, I can't see the one-off appearance working, as it would only help with the first hit and one would still be stuck with hunting it invisibly for the vast majority of the clean-up. Perhaps it would help the occassional person camping in the realm and willing to do one kill every so often, but then they would probably want to be able to do that without buffs, as the buffs would keep timing out.

#14 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:39

I was part of the three first people to secure this Titan, I did it on a single sit on my chair, a simple sitting of almost 6 hours, with more people helping, and I can say I'll never EVER touch this Titan again until something is done to facilitate the process, it's way too painfull, physically painfull, to hunt it.

Some problem I've noticed while hunting it:

1 - Since there is no indication of the Titan HP on the World Map, you can't easily check if the Titan HP decreased or not, why is that a problem? I'll explain: Simply because you're walking around trying to find the Titan, but when you seek for 90% of the map someone find it and kill it, the Titan moves and you have no idea about that, so you finish the remain 10% of the map trying to find it and you realise that someone must have killed and it moved back to where you already searched.

2 - The Action Box takes way too long to refresh, so you can't even go fast, you need to go reaaaaally slow to have time to refresh the Action Box.

3 - While moving on keyboard the message "you're going too fast" pops up way more times moving with the mouse, that's pretty disgusting.

4 - When it was released the Boots had +2 stam gain without the Temporal Enhancement (I had no idea about what the Epic was while hunting it, btw), then I got the prize and sold it for the value of X FSPs, 1~2 days later HCS change the item adding +1 stam gain and the Enhancement...I got screwed lol (that's not a problem, I was in need to say it outloud lol)

-

My suggestion to fix it was a simple pointer around your character pointing the Titan location, that way you'll not know if the Titan is 2 or 20 tiles away, you'll just know the direction you must follow, if the Titan dies and respawn somewhere else, the arrow will change and you'll be able to adapt your course.

But I don't know how easily this would be to implement or to avoid lagging.

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 16:24

Making a titan that was invisible on the map was the stupidest idea ever anyway. Let this titan rot.

#16 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 19:49

I'm not going to vote as I have no experience with this Titan.

As I understand matt's posts, I think the real issue is the Scout Tower not correctly showing who did the kills?

I would agree that definitely needs to be fixed assuming Scout Tower is at the right level and that is what the guild has purchased.

As far as how I'd vote if I've understood correctly:

Should it have limited life?

Definitely not.

If you want the item, do the work to finish it off or hire somebody for cleanup. Otherwise, be patient. 

Should this Titan suddenly be made easier because it hasn't been killed in awhile?

Fine, I reworded it: Definitely not. Reread my answer to the first question.

#17 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 22:53

the problem with the scout tower is this -you have lvl 3 scout tower - a titan spawns -someone goes and secures leaving tkp to be cleaned up - well the scout tower shows the titan as active - now if ur guild has been busy with titans -the older titans in the tower get bumped as the tower just shows the last 10 ur guild was involved with - Now if u go and finish the tkp on this old titan (if it was spawned before ur 10th scout tower log ) instead of being at the top of recently killed titans its automatically bumped off the scout tower completely - now ur guild logs will show u the total amount of tkp done but not who had what 

#18 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 23:27

the problem with the scout tower is this -you have lvl 3 scout tower - a titan spawns -someone goes and secures leaving tkp to be cleaned up - well the scout tower shows the titan as active - now if ur guild has been busy with titans -the older titans in the tower get bumped as the tower just shows the last 10 ur guild was involved with - Now if u go and finish the tkp on this old titan (if it was spawned before ur 10th scout tower log ) instead of being at the top of recently killed titans its automatically bumped off the scout tower completely - now ur guild logs will show u the total amount of tkp done but not who had what 

Def sounds like a bummer. We only have level 1. 

Maybe a level 4 to add this benefit?

#19 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:32

Def sounds like a bummer. We only have level 1. 

Maybe a level 4 to add this benefit?

I think it would be better - and more in line with descriptions - for level 3 to save the last 10 *completions* : there is no point in storing data for active titans (which level 2 gives you), since that data is still being updated.

#20 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 16:09

ok.i voted no also...it should always stay out there..someone , somewhere , may want tkps points..titan ticks..so what if it is hard..too many easy things in the game..something has to be a challenge.

.i think it stays out there so long because it gets lost in the pages of titan notices..so nobody even realizes it is still out there...maybe every 48 hours they send a reminder notice to the tavern rumors to let everyone know he is still out there to be killed..this idea goes for all titans.

...it would help if he would spawn on as low a level area that is a bit smaller they can find..,. so more players in the game could kill it... but i do see he is really really big on attack and damage..so that may not work..kinda confused..he is level 650, in areas around level 650..

.so i ask..how is a level 650 player going to kill this thing without hiring some big mercs ??  hiring mercs to do titan killing is stupid and a waste..20 stam per kill....cause i love being the garbage man for titans...i would clean it up if i could ..but this titan i cant without mercs..that may be more of an issue than how long it takes to kill...and could be the reason it takes so long to kill...only super high level players can kill it without mercs..

Edited by yodamus, 10 September 2016 - 14:24.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: