• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 14:53

What is wrong with fallen swords economy ? 

right now fsp per gold exchange is at all times high with averages of 220k gold per fsp 

gear value is very low (ff gear sometimes selling at 1 fsp - this is really bad since its 10 fsp + gold costs to ff any gear) 

AH used to be packed with anything and everything at all times - now half the time you search for something and nothing is there 

i understand lower fan base is part of the problem 

back in the day before drop rates got tweaked / 'fixed' the game was flooded with gear during events (maybe overly so)  but now that stuff is dropping less you would think value of stuff would rise but it hasnt 

used to be the hunting of se's for gear was of some value but now the se logs show at best 2 or 3 drops per 10 se's 

with all gear being fragable  i think we could go back to the old ways of getting drops - it would help the composers and maybe stimulate the economy 

there used to be bidding wars on the potion of supreme luck (lvl 1k find item)  now this potion is still the best around but its not very effective - any buff of 1k+ should be powerful but the drop rate with this pot is average at best 

Edited by matt2269f, 08 September 2016 - 15:07.

#2 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 15:19

Let me try to edumacate you :)

1.  It's supply and demand.

2.  A lot of guilds are stable and with plenty of gears. Therefore, players don't need their own gears anymore.

Class is dismissed :)

#3 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 15:22

What is wrong with fallen swords economy ? 

i understand lower fan base is part of the problem 

not part of the problem..it is the entire problem..fewer players playing is hurting all apsects of the game..really need to concentrate on ideas to keep newbies around..dq helps..but is not the answer....most anybody that has played for years does not need any of the gear for sell...newbies dont stay long enough to buy anything,  or they join a guild that has everything for them..therefore no need to buy anything from ah..

..heck i cant even sell se drops for 10k gold..things that use to sell for 2-3 fsps..that is a major crash in value..epic chokers are getting near worthless..we need new players..quickly..advertise..advertise..advertise...when i look for new games to play..i see eldevin at times..but never see fallensword..no wonder we cant get new players..cant find..cant play....again, someone needs to advertise this game..

#4 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 15:38

guild tagging do away with tagging and everyone will need there own gear that would push demand up for hunted items ...a new set comes into the game now withing hours its not even worth gold anymore cause a guild of a 100 can use two or three sets

#5 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 15:46

hcs definitely needs to advertise fs more 

#6 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2016 - 15:46

guild tagging do away with tagging and everyone will need there own gear that would push demand up for hunted items ...a new set comes into the game now withing hours its not even worth gold anymore cause a guild of a 100 can use two or three sets

I've said this over and over Hades, people just like 'free stuff' far too much. Doesn't matter about the consequences.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#7 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 15:55

I've said this over and over Hades, people just like 'free stuff' far too much. Doesn't matter about the consequences.

yep

#8 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 16:00

i love this game and play constantly and have since i started in 08 / i want to see it continue to grow 

Please No Negative comments about game costs so this doesnt get locked 

Edited by matt2269f, 08 September 2016 - 17:21.

#9 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 17:22

To keep supply in check, all gears should be crystalline so they don't last forever.

The challenge to making everything crystalline is lower level players will have more challenges to grow.

So maybe, all gears above level 500 should be crystalline, except for Epics.

When supply is in checked, demand will increase.

#10 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 17:23

i would like to see another game promotion (maybe with a reduction to the stam given - 10k was a bit much )

the game is pretty stable with an average of 300 players on at any given time - but we need a new influx of fresh players

#11 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 17:28

I avoid crystal, as often as I can, because I can't afford to replace gear as often as that needs to be replaced.

From now on every time I  upgrade my hunting gear I'll be using guild gear because of that.

At least I can afford to buy potions in ah now.  Not many, but the ones I use often.

But all in all I am progressing so I don't gripe all that often.

#12 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 17:44

i have a question for some of you stat pros - was looking in the UFSG for chance percentage on le drops - and my understanding is this- most drop percentages are between 0.15 % and 0.40 %  - does that  equal  4 in 1k?  / fi 1k only doubles the creatures drop percentage --- making the drop rate at 1 in 125 kills - if im wrong please tell me 

Edited by matt2269f, 08 September 2016 - 17:58.

#13 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 18:41

To keep supply in check, all gears should be crystalline so they don't last forever.

The challenge to making everything crystalline is lower level players will have more challenges to grow.

Most of the crystaline gear is not that expensive either, plus players will just farm more of them, Not sure if that will entirely solve the problem. Maybe a little push in the right direction, but not THE solution I am afraid. Plus the durability would need to be very low.

It will never happen, but doing away with tagging like hades said, and regular access to LE's so players can hunt their own setups, will have more effect. Just not sure if players want to "work" for their setups anymore as everybody is obsessed with efficient levelling. 

#14 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 18:58

i have a question for some of you stat pros - was looking in the UFSG for chance percentage on le drops - and my understanding is this- most drop percentages are between 0.15 % and 0.40 %  - does that  equal  4 in 1k?  / fi 1k only doubles the creatures drop percentage --- making the drop rate at 1 in 125 kills - if im wrong please tell me 

your logic is correct..but we all know the numbers somehow are wrong..since drops come faster than 1 in 125...much faster..maybe someone can enlighten us...whatever happen to the stat guru RJEM ??  he knew all these answers..

#15 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 18:59

it days of old we didnt have tagging and a le event was a rare event once every 6 months if you was lucky the legendry creatures are now more common then rats and thats the problem i could farm enough sets to do every guild in the game with tagging i compose thousands of drops when i farm ..and its not about the drop rate niether because when we have the cave creatures there drops are very limited there still worth nothing, because everyone and his mother already has the sets

even if the players dont want to hear it somethings we dropped to our knees and are greatful for have seriously damaged the games balance when it comes to moving fsp and gold around

Edited by hades8840, 08 September 2016 - 19:01.

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 19:25

it days of old we didnt have tagging and a le event was a rare event once every 6 months if you was lucky the legendry creatures are now more common then rats and thats the problem i could farm enough sets to do every guild in the game with tagging i compose thousands of drops when i farm ..and its not about the drop rate niether because when we have the cave creatures there drops are very limited there still worth nothing, because everyone and his mother already has the sets

even if the players dont want to hear it somethings we dropped to our knees and are greatful for have seriously damaged the games balance when it comes to moving fsp and gold around

Nothing is "rare" anymore everyone has easy access or can easily obtain anything in the game.

#17 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 19:40

I will never get melancholy over how great it was when prices were high!  ;)

#18 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 20:55

Either that, or the players will get fed up at the continuing expense of re-equipping and give up!

The bottom line is that there has to be a big enough source of FSPs coming in to the game to sustain all that economy you want to have. With the shard rewards having dried up, you are left with people spending their own real money. Changing things so that the benefits of those FSPs become short-lived sounds to me like a lousy way to encurage people to buy FSPs.

Edited by rowbeth, 08 September 2016 - 20:56.

#19 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 21:04

your logic is correct..but we all know the numbers somehow are wrong..since drops come faster than 1 in 125...much faster..maybe someone can enlighten us...whatever happen to the stat guru RJEM ??  he knew all these answers..

You are confusing the chance of getting a specific item with the chance of getting any item. There is a 1.5% chance that Legendaries will drop something (2x.75% or 3x.5% ...). With distilled FI1000 that is about 3.23% chance of a drop, so  one item for every  31 kills

#20 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 September 2016 - 22:08

Let me try to edumacate you :)

1.  It's supply and demand.
2.  A lot of guilds are stable and with plenty of gears. Therefore, players don't need their own gears anymore.

Class is dismissed :)

ILY B2L :)

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt