Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 08 September 2016 - 22:15

Let me try to edumacate you :)

1.  It's supply and demand.

2.  A lot of guilds are stable and with plenty of gears. Therefore, players don't need their own gears anymore.

Class is dismissed :)

Absolutely - over-supply and under-demand.

Only one thing gonna happen from that scenario, prices crash ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#22 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:27

@shar,@hades problem goes beyond tagging though... I can easily farm a set for everyone in the game on my stamina pool alone lol.

#23 Sethurus

Sethurus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:28

What is wrong with fallen swords economy ? 

right now fsp per gold exchange is at all times high with averages of 220k gold per fsp 

gear value is very low (ff gear sometimes selling at 1 fsp - this is really bad since its 10 fsp + gold costs to ff any gear) 

AH used to be packed with anything and everything at all times - now half the time you search for something and nothing is there 

i understand lower fan base is part of the problem 

back in the day before drop rates got tweaked / 'fixed' the game was flooded with gear during events (maybe overly so)  but now that stuff is dropping less you would think value of stuff would rise but it hasnt 

used to be the hunting of se's for gear was of some value but now the se logs show at best 2 or 3 drops per 10 se's 

with all gear being fragable  i think we could go back to the old ways of getting drops - it would help the composers and maybe stimulate the economy 

there used to be bidding wars on the potion of supreme luck (lvl 1k find item)  now this potion is still the best around but its not very effective - any buff of 1k+ should be powerful but the drop rate with this pot is average at best 

What is wrong with fallen swords economy ? 

right now fsp per gold exchange is at all times high with averages of 220k gold per fsp 

gear value is very low (ff gear sometimes selling at 1 fsp - this is really bad since its 10 fsp + gold costs to ff any gear) 

AH used to be packed with anything and everything at all times - now half the time you search for something and nothing is there 

i understand lower fan base is part of the problem 

back in the day before drop rates got tweaked / 'fixed' the game was flooded with gear during events (maybe overly so)  but now that stuff is dropping less you would think value of stuff would rise but it hasnt 

used to be the hunting of se's for gear was of some value but now the se logs show at best 2 or 3 drops per 10 se's 

with all gear being fragable  i think we could go back to the old ways of getting drops - it would help the composers and maybe stimulate the economy 

there used to be bidding wars on the potion of supreme luck (lvl 1k find item)  now this potion is still the best around but its not very effective - any buff of 1k+ should be powerful but the drop rate with this pot is average at best 

Things started going south with the introduction of the scavaging caves. After that, they started fixing things, like pvp protection, pvp, gvg, which didn't need to be fixed. All these changes and fixes have been doing more harm than help, now we have less than 300 online, and at the most I'm seeing 350 to 360 online on average. The market is still useless, its pointless and too costly to forge or craft anything any more, Yet we're still getting even more changes and fixes that are neither needed nor wanted. Even a few of the epics are becoming worthless, to both hunt after and invent.

#24 Sethurus

Sethurus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:31

ILY B2L :)

A lot of guilds are stable because the majority of what guilds that are left have gone completely inactive.

#25 Sethurus

Sethurus

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:37

Let me try to edumacate you :)

1.  It's supply and demand.

2.  A lot of guilds are stable and with plenty of gears. Therefore, players don't need their own gears anymore.

Class is dismissed :)

You're correct. It is about supply and demand, but the only reason most guilds are so stable is because most of them have gone completely inactive, and thanks to all these changes and fixes, a great many have gotten tired and simply stopped playing. The more changes are made, the fewer are left to play, which means lower demand and greater supply. Class is redismissed.

Edited by Sethurus, 09 September 2016 - 04:38.

#26 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 September 2016 - 04:51

You're correct. It is about supply and demand, but the only reason most guilds are so stable is because most of them have gone completely inactive, and thanks to all these changes and fixes, a great many have gotten tired and simply stopped playing. The more changes are made, the fewer are left to play, which means lower demand and greater supply. Class is redismissed.

Many guilds have gone inactive in recent years, but this has always been this way. The strong survive, however, not just because of the "high levels" as some have referred to the EOC folks (I, as you can see, am far from EOC) but because of the new players we add to our ranks. Take my guild, for example. Some of the oldest players in the game are here, granted, but we have many here that are relatively new. My founders diligently not only research what gear is best for all levels, but they also do whatever is necessary to have tagged gear available for us all. I don't use guild gear, as I'm OCD about owning my own, but many do use it as they progress along.

Many guilds do come and go, some die as members move to other stronger guilds like mine with plenty of gear and "high level" players for those good hunting buffs. All these factors affect the economy. JUST LIKE REAL LIFE!

Part of the problem here is that we all wear the same gear as we progress through the game. Common items, quest rewards, rare drops, anything that isn't a LE or SE set, they're only good to break down for composing these days, so those oh so important coordinated buffs will do their job. Maybe if we tried to be a little more unique in what we wore, depended more on our wits and math to make us one hit rather than these new age buffs, more gear would be of value.... Ever considered that?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#27 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:14

Half of the economy can't be discussed due to Terms of Use.. what a bummer... the cows could really do with suggestions and thoughts on the issue..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: