#41 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2016 - 16:47

Look, I'm not saying simply nerfing them out of the blue would be fair or right, it wouldn't.

A fair way to do it might be for Hoof to make an announcement, that on (for instance) the 15th of december all of the currently overpowered inventing potions will be reduced in efficacy. That way you can postpone releasing the new inventibles till after that moment, and people can still get plenty of use out of their existing potions?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#42 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2016 - 17:01

Like I said, we'll be discussing it. If and when it occurs, we'll post about it.

#43 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 17:40

Look, I'm not saying simply nerfing them out of the blue would be fair or right, it wouldn't.

A fair way to do it might be for Hoof to make an announcement, that on (for instance) the 15th of december all of the currently overpowered inventing potions will be reduced in efficacy. That way you can postpone releasing the new inventibles till after that moment, and people can still get plenty of use out of their existing potions?

Grim told me himself he was going to do something long ago. He said he would simply get rid of the omacraz altogether making it impossible to obtain. Those who still have them can use them up but when their gone they are gone. There will come a point when the omacraz is so rare and expensive it's not going to be worth it to buy one and use it unless you already have had one. Imagine if it was announced the price would double instantly and increase from there on.

Edited by EpicPiety, 23 September 2016 - 17:42.

#44 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2016 - 17:45

As I said on the previous page though, there are LOTS of them (and the glorious opalescent) in the game, waiting for them to evaporate away would simply take too long. Especially when you consider that they are almost always shared too.

Whats wrong with giving plenty of warning before nerfing them?

Anyone arguing against it is basically arguing for the ability to continue to damage the rarity of new inventible items. It doesn't make any sense.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#45 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2016 - 17:47

What's wrong with giving plenty of warning before nerfing them?

Because you are taking away something someone has paid for.

#46 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2016 - 17:50

So by that rationale it's fine for something that is bad for the game to exist, because someone paid for it?

(even though the donation mechanic exists to basically circumvent this reasoning)

Now maybe its just me but that doesn't really seem like a very good thing...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#47 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2016 - 17:52

Yet taking away something a player has paid for is acceptable? Why would people ever trust a purchase was safe again? It damages confidence.

#48 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 17:53

There are like 80 in game...if they were to be discontinued today it wouldn't pose much a threat. People wouldn't use them on cheap things to turn a quick profit like LE etc... They would be saved for strictly epics if they were smart. Those who had a luxury chest could be warned in 14 days omacaz will no longer be offered if they don't use it by then on them i can see it being fair?

Edited by EpicPiety, 23 September 2016 - 17:54.

#49 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2016 - 17:54

There are like 80 in game...if they were to be discontinued today it wouldn't pose much a threat. People wouldn't use them on cheap things to turn a quick profit like LE etc... They would be saved for strictly epics if they were smart.

You should count again, next time count how many chests that contain the potions exist, how many individual potions exist and also how many glorious opalescent chests exist...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#50 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2016 - 17:56

In any event, it's something Hoofmaster and I shall discuss. Depending one what we decide, the player base shall be informed.

#51 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Yet taking away something a player has paid for is acceptable? Why would people ever trust a purchase was safe again? It damages confidence.

Of course it is, if it is for the betterment of the game.

It damages confidence when a game company doesn't hold up its hands and admit that something was a mistake, then fix it.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#52 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

inventor 2 is the problem... inventor 2 250 is acceptable. I don't like inventor 500 either but i would compromise just to get rid of high inventor 2. So i don't see how the opal is that much of an issue.

Edited by EpicPiety, 23 September 2016 - 17:57.

#53 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2016 - 17:57

It damages confidence when a game company doesn't hold up its hands and admit that something was a mistake, then fix it.

Which is something we have done repeatedly in the past. Now, like I said, it's something Hoofmaster and I shall discuss. Depending one what we decide, the player base shall be informed.

#54 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2016 - 17:59

inventor 2 is the problem... inventor 2 250 is acceptable. I don't like inventor 500 either but i would compromise just to get rid of high inventor 2. So i don't see how the opal is that much of an issue.

You don't see a potential problem with the 500 extractor and extractor 2? O.o

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#55 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2016 - 18:01

This is what we were considering, yes.

#56 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 18:01

I do in combination with inventor 2 500... the nerf of inventor 2 indirectly effects those. Lot's of things now a days don't require extractable's anyway. With the market such in shambles it's better to create little then mass produce because you will never sell your stock. Anyone who mass produces now a days made a mistake because they will be going in the trash can lol. Extractor 2 has a minimal effect on the market... If it stands an issue it will go down the same road inventor 2. When we see that day i guarantee it. I guess to prevent future abuse it should be dealt with in advance. I sure know a year after inventor 2 has been discontinued if an expensive inventable came about that required extractables i would sure exploit the crap outta it for profit.

Edited by EpicPiety, 23 September 2016 - 18:03.

#57 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2016 - 18:03

At a 25% chance? No. Not particularly.

#58 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2016 - 18:03

I do in combination with inventor 2 500... the nerf of inventor 2 indirectly effects those. Lot's of things now a days don't require extractable's anyway. With the market such in shambles it's better to create little then mass produce because you will never sell your stock. Anyone who mass produces now a days made a mistake because they will be going in the trash can lol.

Of course with a fixed up invention system being back in the game do you really want to see extractor 2 500 becoming the 'new' inv2 500?

Better to just rip the plaster (or bandaid if you prefer) of all at once, no?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#59 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2016 - 18:05

At a 25% chance? No. Not particularly.

No offence Grim but you're the one who keeps coming out with these higher and higher level potions, of course YOU aren't going to see anything wrong with them.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#60 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 September 2016 - 18:06

Now, we've gone completely off topic. In any event, when Hoofmaster and I discuss this, when we decide the course of action the player base shall be informed.

*Locked*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: