SmashAce's Graphics Shop!

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

Poll: How are my prices? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

How are my prices?

1. way out of my price range (15 votes [20.27%])

Percentage of vote: 20.27%

2. cheap as hell (18 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

3. flexible! (41 votes [55.41%])

Percentage of vote: 55.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 fs_smashace

fs_smashace
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:41

For Necroces, who asked for an avatar featuring Carnage from Marvel Comics:
Posted Image

Here's my fourth draft for the Celtic Warriors guild avatar.
Posted Image
The words in the previous draft were difficult to read, so I tried to make them clearer. How'd I do?

#42 fs_deadsight

fs_deadsight
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:45

remove half thos pics you post for examples dude, and with all due respect - to me it looks like you just put a color mask w/ an image and a few brush effects, i dont see any : blending, lighting, glow, shadow, fades or any effects really - sry to say it, but i have seen alot better. However, quite a few show really good art skills and effects, most of these being Assassin's Creed ones (Which is a sick game by the way.) and those ones im talking about are truly amazing. 8.5/10 overall rating.

#43 fs_smashace

fs_smashace
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:21

remove half thos pics you post for examples dude, and with all due respect - to me it looks like you just put a color mask w/ an image and a few brush effects, i dont see any : blending, lighting, glow, shadow, fades or any effects really - sry to say it, but i have seen alot better. However, quite a few show really good art skills and effects, most of these being Assassin's Creed ones (Which is a sick game by the way.) and those ones im talking about are truly amazing. 8.5/10 overall rating.

First off, I appreciate criticism! Thank you for speaking up and thanks for your rating. ^_^

Yeah, most of the ones at the top are from when I started out. I just thought I'd put them up to show that everybody starts somewhere. I have considered de-cluttering my examples, but I could never decide which ones would leave and which would stay. Maybe I'll take down a bunch except for some of my favorites...

And regarding the blending, lighting, glow, shadow, fades, and other effects: I can assure you that I do use them.
I discovered the wonders of adding blending effects to the focals about halfway through that long list of examples. But even for some of those early ones that I made without the aid of blending effects on the focal, I think they look pretty nice. That one for Kimikaro doesn't have any blending on the samurai, but I still think it's worthy of being featured. Same goes for the avatar for 0vv3nd: even without blending effects, it still fits in pretty well with the background.

Another thing to note (I just don't know where it would really fit in the previous paragraph): I didn't use brushes until recently. I think they're pretty sweet, but there are times when they just don't fit in.

And I should hope that you've seen better! Since you're critiquing my work, I expect you to have done your research. If you've browsed through the Graphics board with some level of curiosity, you would have found several entries from amazing artists such as darkarchon, Pensativa, Deemer, EmperorP, Dorchadas, briggzy, and my friend hxcrigo.

I know I'm nowhere close to being the best avatar maker on FS, and never have I made that claim. Such a statement would be arrogant, ignorant, and just asking for a verbal mugging.

#44 fs_hxcrigo

fs_hxcrigo
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:30

can i see some of your work?

#45 fs_smashace

fs_smashace
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:52

ANYhoo...

// Progress Update! \\

Yayyyyyy!! ...lol.

So I've had this avatar for Vodkaman done for a while, but I haven't received a response about any reception, much less approval or rejection. I like how it turned out, so I may as well post it, right?
Posted Image
STATUS: paid in advance but lacking any indication of reception.
Made this for demosin2, who requested a female dragon tamer. I still have yet to receive a response.
Posted Image

For naska:
Posted Image

For 6thEspada:
Posted Image
STATUS: needs editing, but I am waiting for clarification on just what needs changing.

As well as my latest draft for the Celtic Warriors guild avatar:
Posted Image

#46 fs_catgirl85

fs_catgirl85
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2008 - 21:38

hi smash i love my new avatar u made me ty its great and it looks geat on my profile so ty again^.^

#47 fs_smashace

fs_smashace
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:30

hi smash i love my new avatar u made me ty its great and it looks geat on my profile so ty again^.^

My pleasure :) I was able to try out a new layout for the text. I quite like the result. ^_^
Posted Image

#48 fs_smashace

fs_smashace
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2008 - 19:43

I played with the text a little and added the guild initials to the avatar for 6thEspada.
Posted Image

Whipped this one up for LANGL:
Posted Image

And for Raign:
Posted Image

-----
NEXT TIME, ON DRAGONBALL Z! (Sorry, but I feel random today. I don't even know if anybody reads this. I could conceivably just be conversing with myself...lawl.)
- Expect some more for LANGL. I've kept the guy waiting for much, much too long.
- IpFreeley (wonderful choice for a player name XD) sent me a challenging request a while ago and it's about time I took a crack at it.
- Lastly, I am waiting for a response from Bigtyny on whether he still wants an avatar.

#49 HolyXFire

HolyXFire

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 15:14

hmmm...i was looking at the avatars you've made and id have to say that they are pretty good. I especially like the one you did for my bro(Necroces)...who quit :lol: ...oh well anyways id maybe like to get one from you in the near future if you dont mind

#50 fs_smashace

fs_smashace
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:16

hmmm...i was looking at the avatars you've made and id have to say that they are pretty good. I especially like the one you did for my bro(Necroces)...who quit :lol: ...oh well anyways id maybe like to get one from you in the near future if you dont mind

Definitely! Would it be all right if I asked you to wait until the end of the week before you make your request? I've been asked for a batch by the week's end and I'm giving those top priority.

wtf Necroces quit? lol.

#51 HolyXFire

HolyXFire

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:47

well actually it might be a few weeks before i make a request...yea i could imagine with the quality of your work

hmmm well he didnt have the time to play

#52 fs_smashace

fs_smashace
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2008 - 00:04

Made this for LANGL:
Posted Image

#53 fs_smashace

fs_smashace
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2008 - 18:06

hmmm well he didnt have the time to play

That's unfortunate. :(

---

Completed the batch of four requested by LANGL:
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#54 fs_vampirarmy

fs_vampirarmy
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2008 - 19:49

SmashAce, most avatars have in common that if you look at it, you hurt your eyes ^_^ It's way too bright.

#55 fs_brishu

fs_brishu
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2008 - 21:36

SmashAce, most avatars have in common that if you look at it, you hurt your eyes ^_^ It's way too bright.

its ur resolution ..... not his avatars.

#56 fs_smashace

fs_smashace
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2008 - 22:11

I specifically try to avoid making them so bright that they burn people's retinas. No one likes aching eyes, amirite?

#57 fs_vampirarmy

fs_vampirarmy
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:47

I specifically try to avoid making them so bright that they burn people's retinas. No one likes aching eyes, amirite?

Just the super yellow ones hurt ^_^ But to tell you the truth, I do think my comp is a bit bright...

And one time someone Msg-ed me, "Wow, your avatar is blinding me." :P

#58 fs_smashace

fs_smashace
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2008 - 22:15

And one time someone Msg-ed me, "Wow, your avatar is blinding me." :P

Ah. I can see where they're coming from lol. Does your avatar blind you? Cuz if it doesn't, then their resolution was too high lol. Your avy is probly on the edge of blinding brightness; not quite though.

#59 fs_smashace

fs_smashace
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:14

More avatars for LANGL!
Posted Image

When I asked what colors I should use, he told me "black and white" so that's why this one lacks much color.
Posted Image

Aaaaand one more for the night:
Posted Image

#60 fs_bigtyny

fs_bigtyny
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2008 - 22:51

i have been trying for over a month to get a avatar from u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana