45 replies to this topic

#1 Lamium

Lamium

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 15:40

Hi all,

Over the next wee while I'm going to be working on the Auction House to bring you guys a slicker experience when you want to buy or sell on the AH.

Things I will be working will include:

[*:qm6ryi4s]A more intuitive interface layout
[*:qm6ryi4s]Streamlining the creation of auctions
[*:qm6ryi4s]Saving the creation of auctions as templates
[*:qm6ryi4s]Reduced page loading (Less refreshing)
[*:qm6ryi4s]Improved search features (including the ability to save searches)
For those who want to know about the FS Lite App for mobile. It is still being developed and an update on that project will be given in another post later on.

As usual a post will go up once this update is pushed live onto FS. Happy Hunting guys 'n' gals!
~ Web Developer
Richard 'Lamium' Logan-Baker | Steam | Facebook

#2 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 28 August 2012 - 15:44

Would updates like this to the interface, mean the fs helper can be eventually phased out? Ie: removal of ALL scripts?

#3 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 15:52

Over the next wee while I'm going to be working on the Auction House to bring you guys a slicker experience when you want to buy or sell on the AH.

Just during your bathroom break? Hopefully, it will be done soon. :lol:

#4 Lamium

Lamium

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 15:54

Would updates like this to the interface, mean the fs helper can be eventually phased out? Ie: removal of ALL scripts?

It just means that we intend to make more features available to all players across the board :mrgreen:
~ Web Developer

#5 Lamium

Lamium

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 15:55

Just during your bathroom break? Hopefully, it will be done soon. :lol:

I've been living in Scotland too long :wink: :lol:
~ Web Developer

#6 ironcire

ironcire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 16:02

I really hope you guys will be increasing the FSP maximum starting bids (1000fsp max currently)that are currently established like players have been asking for for ages...

#7 Vjnr

Vjnr

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • South Africa

Posted 28 August 2012 - 16:10

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Thank you HCS 8)

This game update may well "break" the FSHelper functionality on the AH cos of the page coding changes, so my question is How much of the FSHelper's functionality will be put in?

Just asking so I know, Thanks

PS if you need a rundown of the FSHelper functionality I will be happy to gather the info and provide it to ya. :idea:

#8 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 August 2012 - 16:33

I had thought some of the problems I had on the auction house were just due to my ineptness!
I look forward to seeing the new innovations.

#9 grante28

grante28

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 17:04

Another feature that would be nice is if you had the option of just clicking on an item and that would automatically take you to the Auctions for that item so you could compare price to find out if something is a good deal!

#10 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 28 August 2012 - 18:44

Good work guys. :) I see you are sticking to the list.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#11 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 August 2012 - 23:21

Another feature that would be nice is if you had the option of just clicking on an item and that would automatically take you to the Auctions for that item so you could compare price to find out if something is a good deal!

The FSHelper has that option but only works when Hunting Mode is off

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#12 WarQueen

WarQueen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 August 2012 - 23:26

A feature that might be nice to see is the option for a bidder to cancel their bid.
i.e. A person bids on the wrong item then not have enough funds to bid on what they were really after.

Another upgrade to the auction house that would be awesome would be to get fsp/gold back immediately after being out bid. I hate having to wait upto 48 hours to get my fsp back after I've been outbid.

WarQueenSig1_zpsfe2b03d4.png

#13 pedroevan

pedroevan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:56

Something that bothers me is that to buy in the 'special' part of the AH the minimun level must be 1 otherwise no item it's displayed, can this be fixed ? sorry for poor english

#14 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:21

A feature that might be nice to see is the option for a bidder to cancel their bid.
i.e. A person bids on the wrong item then not have enough funds to bid on what they were really after.
Another upgrade to the auction house that would be awesome would be to get fsp/gold back immediately after being out bid. I hate having to wait upto 48 hours to get my fsp back after I've been outbid.

If they were used properly they would be handy, but I feel they'd be too easily abused ... Could very easily be used to force up prices.

I.E.

Player "A" lists item for 100 fsp.
You bid 101
Player B bids 102
You bid 103 and Player B gets his 102 back immediately and is free to go off and buy something else he wanted to, but delayed to help a mate. All that's been accomplished there is that you're bidding 2 fsp higher than you originally were.

I know that folk have a "ceiling" for most items, above which they won't go, but I still think it's abusable.

That's a shame tho, 'cos they could be very useful additions.

#15 Lutrafs

Lutrafs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:22

Hi all,

[*:2f76wu5y]A more intuitive interface layout
[*:2f76wu5y]Streamlining the creation of auctions
[*:2f76wu5y]Saving the creation of auctions as templates
[*:2f76wu5y]Reduced page loading (Less refreshing)
[*:2f76wu5y]Improved search features (including the ability to save searches)
For those who want to know about the FS Lite App for mobile. It is still being developed and an update on that project will be given in another post later on.

As usual a post will go up once this update is pushed live onto FS. Happy Hunting guys 'n' gals!

Shouldn't that say week? Just saying.

Otherwise thanks for the updates to the game, the auction house really could use the revamp.

#16 Xakano

Xakano

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:28

Hi all,

[*:2ugxo8gh]A more intuitive interface layout
[*:2ugxo8gh]Streamlining the creation of auctions
[*:2ugxo8gh]Saving the creation of auctions as templates
[*:2ugxo8gh]Reduced page loading (Less refreshing)
[*:2ugxo8gh]Improved search features (including the ability to save searches)

Otherwise thanks for the updates to the game, the auction house really could use the revamp.

Nopes..wee while not week while :)

#17 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:37

Lamium just may be a very slow wee'er. It may take him a week to finish up. :wink:

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#18 Lamium

Lamium

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 14:04

Lamium just may be a very slow wee'er. It may take him a week to finish up. :wink:

WEE, n.1, adj., adv. Also †wi (Sc. 1795 Scots Mag. (Nov.) 720), wie (Sc. 1721 J. Kelly Proverbs 61, 178); we (Sc. 1782 J. Sinclair Ob. Sc. Dial. 110); wey (s.Sc.). [wi] I. n. 1. A small measure, quantity or degree, of any thing or commodity, of time, space, etc., a little while, a short distance, freq. in adv. constructions, as a wee, somewhat, rather, for a little (Sc. 1808 Jam.), nae wee, in no small measure

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
~ Web Developer

#19 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 14:15

could do with a wee dram about no

#20 Lamium