110 replies to this topic

#1 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 00:27

Credit for parts of this Idea goes to hades8840 and his post in the legendary to potions thread.

This is an idea to create more events by having a constant item sink with a new game mechanic called COMPOSING

The premise would be to have a new section in the game that is similar to the Caves called a Cauldron

-At the cauldron you would then be able to dump items of your selection into it.
-you could dump items from Elite and up (Elite, Super Elite, Legendary, Spine, and Epic)
-Each type of item would correspond to a numerical value that is totaled in the cauldron.
-Examples of Values:
Elite-10 points
Super Elite-20 points
Legendray-25 points
Spine- 25 Points
Epic-100 points

Next set up different levels of points for the cauldron that would allow for different items to appear when you MIX all of them together
Examples:
50 points- You get the chance to make a few different low level items or potions
100 points- opens up some better items/potions along with the items at 50 points
200 points- Even Better Potions with all the items below as well
500 Points- Maybe a new epic item or epic pot along with all the lower items at the same time

Also to stream line this like scavenging you would be able to select which type you would like to create i.e 50, 100, 200, 500 and add as many items as you wanted to the cauldron to then mass MIX if desired.

#2 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:02

come on leo 5 years dude the name is 8840 not 20

#3 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:01

I never remember your numbers either... Why have numbers anyways, if you wanted to stand out you could have just put little hugs and kisses at the end... lol

Oh and the idea has merit, pretty basic, but, perhaps thats a good thing?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#4 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:27

I never remember your numbers either... Why have numbers anyways, if you wanted to stand out you could have just put little hugs and kisses at the end... lol

Oh and the idea has merit, pretty basic, but, perhaps thats a good thing?

why over complicate things after all we just want gear gone with the option of more events after all they sink stam and gold depending where its based ..

it benefits us all to rid ourselves off the surplus in the game

#5 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:36

Yeah Hades, I kinda got that as I was typing...

Also when something is too complicated sometimes people won't bother with it at all, it's not as if FS is played by a bunch of rocket scientists and experimental physicists...

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#6 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:44

Credit for parts of this Idea goes to hades8840 and his post in the legendary to potions thread.

This is an idea to create more events by having a constant item sink with a new game mechanic called COMPOSING

The premise would be to have a new section in the game that is similar to the Caves called a Cauldron

-At the cauldron you would then be able to dump items of your selection into it.
-you could dump items from Elite and up (Elite, Super Elite, Legendary, Spine, and Epic)
-Each type of item would correspond to a numerical value that is totaled in the cauldron.
-Examples of Values:
Elite-10 points
Super Elite-20 points
Legendray-25 points
Spine- 25 Points
Epic-100 points

Next set up different levels of points for the cauldron that would allow for different items to appear when you MIX all of them together
Examples:
50 points- You get the chance to make a few different low level items or potions
100 points- opens up some better items/potions along with the items at 50 points
200 points- Even Better Potions with all the items below as well
500 Points- Maybe a new epic item or epic pot along with all the lower items at the same time

Also to stream line this like scavenging you would be able to select which type you would like to create i.e 50, 100, 200, 500 and add as many items as you wanted to the cauldron to then mass MIX if desired.

In addition you could have a gold requirement for each different point denomination, scaling up the higher the points. Good gold sink or would this put players off? Just throwing something else into the pot, I mean Cauldron :)

#7 stormfury3

stormfury3

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 16:00

the basic idea is good, but needs tweaking...
should only be able to receive epic's by using epic's, dumping a bunch of cheap/crappy elites should not garner epic or even legendary. should only be able to receive what you put in.

#8 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 16:00

Pretty cool idea !

Very good way to sink gears worth junk..
better than inventing because HC's don't know well what items useful and what items useless
So this idea would be easier for HC's to do for long future

#9 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2012 - 16:23

I like this idea a lot, the most active times in FS are events, anything to allow more events are a great thing!

#10 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 22:04

In addition you could have a gold requirement for each different point denomination, scaling up the higher the points. Good gold sink or would this put players off? Just throwing something else into the pot, I mean Cauldron :)

I would say leave gold out of it, this idea is similar to the caves but to sink items, so leave the gold to the caves and items for the Cauldron.

#11 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 22:12

I would say leave gold out of it, this idea is similar to the caves but to sink items, so leave the gold to the caves and items for the Cauldron.

Fair enough.

#12 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 00:33

Thought I would go into a little more detail or expand on the idea now to keep the original post simple and to the point.

This is suggestions for items at each Tier.

MIX @50 points an equal chance that you will get 1 of these items:
-Doubler 1000
-Arterial Strike 250
-Spell Leach 250
-Counter Attack 200
-Side Step 250

Mix @100 points an equal chance to get any of the 50 point items as well as:
-Animal Magnetism 300
-Quest Finder 300
-Stalker 250
-Extend 250

MIX @200 points an equal chance to get any item from 100 and 50 as well as:
-Inventor II 250
-Enchant Helmet 1000
-Super Elite Slayer 250
-Cursed Ring 1000

Mix @500 Points an equal chance to get any item from 200,100, and 50 as well as:
-A Level 500 Epic Boots
-Doubler 1500
-Conserve 400
-Coordinated Attack 500

Just to put some of the numbers into perspective:
-Chance to get an Epic- 6% after sinking either 50 Elite items, 25 SE items, 20 LE items or a combo of the 3.

-Chance to get the 50 point items 20% each, but at the cost of 5 Elite Items, 2.5 SE items or 2 LE items

-Chance to get 100 point items 11% each, at the cost of 10 Elite items, 5 SE or 4 LE items

This process really has potential to clean out the game of many of the unused items and allow for MANY future events from the cows I just hope they see this and act soon :)

#13 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:27

Looks so interesting ... Lets hope to see hcs opinion on this.

Massive LE events will be intersting with this

#14 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:59

Love the doubler 1500 idea, always makes me cringe though when I see people asking for titan slayer buffs or any higher version of SES, that buff is so massively overpowered already it's just unreal.

Maybe switch it around with the CoA pot so it's in the 'epic' slot and therefore super rare and it wouldn't be so bad.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:12

Another question I guess would be, does the point tally (from dumping items) remain if you log out, change screens etc. Or would you actually have to have the huge number of items on hand to make some of the better stuff. If the game doesn't save your totals for 'mixing' when you have saved up enough, I can see people moaning that this update only really favours those with large BP's.

(Personally I don't see anything wrong with upgraded players being able to do stuff un-upgraded players cannot, what's the point in upgrading otherwise)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:28

(Personally I don't see anything wrong with upgraded players being able to do stuff un-upgraded players cannot, what's the point in upgrading otherwise)

+1
Its weird when these players moan about upgraded players who worked for it :?

#17 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:40

Another question I guess would be, does the point tally (from dumping items) remain if you log out, change screens etc. Or would you actually have to have the huge number of items on hand to make some of the better stuff. If the game doesn't save your totals for 'mixing' when you have saved up enough, I can see people moaning that this update only really favours those with large BP's.

My thoughts on this is that it would keep a running total as you added items to it, and not go down until you hit the MIX button.

#18 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:45

My thoughts on this is that it would keep a running total as you added items to it, and not go down until you hit the MIX button.

Yeah, that would no doubt be the best option.

(Could actually have a record on profiles with 'cauldron points' and a top rated section etc. Would basically reward the people willing to sacrifice/smash valuable pieces of gear, without reaping any rewards. Could even assign a medal for reaching certain amounts, would still get rid of the items either way)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#19 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:35

Comment from a Cow would be awesome 8)

#20 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 22:11

hoof while you are around can you comment on the possibility? as I saw you were taking idea on getting rid of flooded gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: