Photo

Do you think 'RP Farming' i ruining the game if it helps improve the guild GvGing?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: RP farming thoughts (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you thin "RP Farming" ruins the game if it helps improve the guild GvGing?

1. Yes (9 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. No (7 votes [29.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.17%

3. Dont Care (8 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:54

I have seen a lot of drama and arguing over the current GvG set up and the new epics, complaining about the RP and how people use it to make easy money compared to the ladder or other aspects of PvP in the game, i for one dont think its a way of making easy money, it takes a lot of effort to win a conflict and to make sure the opponent dont fight back successfully. I also believe that if said guild uses funds to GvG and upgrade their guild and use it to benefit their guild then its not as bad as what everyone says it is

i for one use the funds from RP items being sold to help my guild out as i cant pay to play the game

What are your thoughts?

Edited by macb00k, 13 October 2015 - 12:57.

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#2 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 14:55

This isn't really a topic that can be argued. People can play the game how they choose and if they decide to GvG for profit, they can. If they decide to GvG and put everything back into the guild, they can. GvG Epics is a way to circulate FSP in the game and a lot of times its a way to get people to drop some cash in the game to be able to buy them because they do not want to put in the effort to get the Epics themselves. So with that said, I think GvGing is great for the game to circulate some FSP/cash.

#3 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 15:33

I think RP farming is bad but it is what it is. I liked a suggestion made on another thread of a method to motivate fighting back.

#4 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 October 2015 - 16:56

yes and myself and others have tried to offer ideas to help reward hitting back...but no matter what there will be rp farming so it is what it is...

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#5 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 13 October 2015 - 19:23

As others have said RP farming has always been part of the game, even before RP epic's came out. Guilds would farm other guilds in order to get the RP packs for "leveling" days. The FSP rewards only increased the issue, which HCS tried to lower by requiring more than 1 member to hit. As long as there is profit in GVG, people are going to look for ways to gain.

I think you misjudge how easy RP farming really is because most guilds do not hit back if you do 50/50. There are only a few who do but it's more based on personal preference (not wanting to give people easy RP or anything else). I have tried to make some suggestions for HCS to read on ways to increase the activity (attacking and, I believe more importantly, defending). We'll see how it goes. As I said before - as long as there is a way to profit, people will try to pick easy targets to gain RP from.

#6 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 20:04

Maybe double the rewards if defending guild fights back for both winner and losers? This might encourage the attacking guild to "teach" the farmed how to fight back. Lol

#7 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 21:09

You know, reading through this I originally thought that "RP farming" referred to collusion. Oops, I guess.

Hitting the same guild over and over for RP seems way more than reasonable to me. It fits into every game aspect, from PvP targets to mobs at your level. 

I have zero issues with GvG, really. Because of my game preferences, the only "complaint" is not being able to hit back, lol. But that's also reasonable in my book. 

Anyway, for me, the wording on the poll is a bit weird. Maybe it's just me, but I don't really get what the question is. Beyond that, I'm not really sure what the issue is and why the poll would change anything. 

#8 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 00:03

In my  view, if you are going to pit your guild against another, then members of that guild should be online.

Guild vs Guild means just that.

It does not mean smack the snot out of members of a guild that are offline, in stam gear and no buffs.

Make it so it's more guild on guild.

And most certainly it does not mean smack the same guild over and over and over and over.  That is RP FARMING and yes I think it's bad for the game.

#9 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:23

In my  view, if you are going to pit your guild against another, then members of that guild should be online.

It does not mean smack the snot out of members of a guild that are offline, in stam gear and no buffs.

And most certainly it does not mean smack the same guild over and over and over and over.  That is RP FARMING and yes I think it's bad for the game.

Shall they set an appointment for a week from Friday while they are at it?  TED literally has people from around the world.  Are all of them supposed to be online at the same time before a gvg can happen?  Really?  Don't like getting hit in stam gear?  Don't wear it.  That's the risk you take for the reward you want.  You don't have to stay buffed 24/7 but you do have to wear something worth buffing by your guild mates.  At least TRY to make it more difficult on the attacking guilds.

Screenshot everything!

#10 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:35

You know, reading through this I originally thought that "RP farming" referred to collusion. Oops, I guess.

Hitting the same guild over and over for RP seems way more than reasonable to me. It fits into every game aspect, from PvP targets to mobs at your level. 

I have zero issues with GvG, really. Because of my game preferences, the only "complaint" is not being able to hit back, lol. But that's also reasonable in my book. 

Anyway, for me, the wording on the poll is a bit weird. Maybe it's just me, but I don't really get what the question is. Beyond that, I'm not really sure what the issue is and why the poll would change anything. 

the poll was more of what the community thinks upon it :) and about the wording of it, im not the best with wording things, especially when it was at 2:30 am haha

i believe that idea may Nerf it completely because of players commitments outside the game,  i see what you and other means by the RP farming, constantly going after the same targets (which by all means is not what i do, gone after TED a week or so ago, didnt go so well but i dont see the harm in taking on big guilds, puts more of a challenge in it) i rarely go after the same guild multiple times, unless we have lost or drawn with them, i just wanna get a win haha, but ive just gone off topic

back on topic, i dont believe its a bad thing, but i also think its not a good thing either, 3500 RP = around 2200+ fsps, that is quite a lot of fsps to be throwing at inventive epics and for people to use it to make easy money by going after helpless guilds, it ruins it a bit, but in the end, the items are needed are they not? so i guess as long as these inventive epics are out, this "RP farming" will happen

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#11 midgetmanj

midgetmanj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:09

Shall they set an appointment for a week from Friday while they are at it?  TED literally has people from around the world.  Are all of them supposed to be online at the same time before a gvg can happen?  Really?  Don't like getting hit in stam gear?  Don't wear it.  That's the risk you take for the reward you want.  You don't have to stay buffed 24/7 but you do have to wear something worth buffing by your guild mates.  At least TRY to make it more difficult on the attacking guilds.

That,  and for me, its kinda like hiting the guy in stam gear in normal pvp. Its just with GvG's theres a bigger group partcipating and theres a lot more choices for the group

#12 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:19

The only problem I have with GvG is the payments itself.

Now (for a 50 attacks Conflict) we have:
Attacker wins: 10RP for the attacker
Defender wins: 10RP for the defender
For a draw: 5RP for the defender

My problem is with the 'draw', for me that should give 5RP for the Attacker and 5RP for the Defender, since it's so easy to defend back most of the time, also, the Attacker paid 1FSP+100.000 Gold, so that shouldn't have a complete loss over it.

And to go further, all the prizes should be doubled, but that is just my opinion.

#13 macb00k

macb00k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:32

The only problem I have with GvG is the payments itself.

Now (for a 50 attacks Conflict) we have:
Attacker wins: 10RP for the attacker
Defender wins: 10RP for the defender
For a draw: 5RP for the defender

My problem is with the 'draw', for me that should give 5RP for the Attacker and 5RP for the Defender, since it's so easy to defend back most of the time, also, the Attacker paid 1FSP+100.000 Gold, so that shouldn't have a complete loss over it.

And to go further, all the prizes should be doubled, but that is just my opinion.

Your conflict with XXXXXXXX resulted in a draw. Your GvG rating was unaffected and you gained 10 Guild RP.

From a conflict we did earlier, thats the payments for the Draw

yEmtZFn_zpsocfjsgxs.png

#14 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:40

Your conflict with XXXXXXXX resulted in a draw. Your GvG rating was unaffected and you gained 10 Guild RP.

From a conflict we did earlier, thats the payments for the Draw

For a 50 attacks Conflict?

I'm sure the game shows this:

50 Attacks:

• If attacker wins: Attacker gains 10 Guild RP
  • If it is a draw: Defender gains 5 Guild RP
  • If defender wins: Defender gains 10 Guild RP

#15 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:06

We fought TED, TLOFG, WK, OoDP etc etc. while fighting these guilds, we usually use up more ressources in GvGs, time and buff wise, we still end up usually victorious. But dont take our guild for an example.

In early 2015 I got back into the game, I had been GvGing moderately in Deviance, but the payouts and the fun were not that high as I would like them to be. At that time I learned what the most important thing is when leading a GvG guild. Before that I was mainly going for GvGs, didnt use much tactics etc etc.

So  before I made the guild, I went into myself and this is what I came out with:
I needed to digg through the market, get to know the market price of RP items, I needed to stack up on some hundreds of FSP to pay the working men in my guild.
I concluded that to raise the guild and to keep the guild`s morale steady, I would need to put do the following:
-Pay the GvGers the same amount I would be happy to be paid with.
-Find a fair and trustworthy trade partner whose support I can count on.
-Calculate Cost, Price, Income, Investment Risks in order for the guild to be profitable for all parties.
-Eradicate known loss ratios through primarily LvL-optimization.
-Make the credo that overwhelming profits will be reinvested into participating GvGers to encourage activity.
-Try to recruit players that distinguished themselves in battle/GvGs, make them lvl down if needed, or encourage them to lvl to the guilds optimized GvG range (170).
-Pay for their stat resets, if needed.

Positive Outcome:
+99% Win Ratio
+Good Investment Revenue
+Trade Partners, Supporters and GvGers all profit from it
+Annoyed some of the big old GvG guilds around

Negative Outcome:
-None

We hit indiscriminately and we wouldnt call it farming. In fact calling it farming would give it too few credit for the work I personally and my men put in to be that successful. I see GvG as my passion, and I also see it as a way to upgrade other players through it, stenghten them, make them better and in ultimate backflow make the guild better. The guild is a vessel, the men rowing it are the true power. So first investing in players and then in the guild, is what is my way of going around.

Farming as we saw it back then with multies and all the other illegal activities going on is frankly a thing of the past. And I work hard every day in reporting players who think they may get their multis out again and start farming. One reason I chose lvl 170 range was to hinder multies to be interferring or high lvl players easily joining with their multis.

Tuvok out.

Edited by BigGrim, 14 October 2015 - 10:40.
No swearing, cheers.

#16 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:31

For a 50 attacks Conflict?

I'm sure the game shows this:

50 Attacks:

• If attacker wins: Attacker gains 10 Guild RP
  • If it is a draw: Defender gains 5 Guild RP
  • If defender wins: Defender gains 10 Guild RP

You forgot the participation RP payement.

On a 50/50 conflict:

If attacker wins: 10RP + (10RP Participation if all required hits are done)

If attacker end up being drawn: 0 RP + (10RP Participation if all required hits are done)

If attacker ends up loosing: 0RP + (10RP Participation if all required hits are done)

If defender wins: 10RP + (10RP Participation if all required hits are done)

If defender draws: 5RP + (10RP Participation if all required hits are done)

If defender looses: 0 RP + (10RP Participation if all required hits are done)

Hope I could clear everything up.

Edited by tuvok77, 14 October 2015 - 08:32.

#17 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:01

You forgot the participation RP payement.

On a 50/50 conflict:

If attacker wins: 10RP + (10RP Participation if all required hits are done)

If attacker end up being drawn: 0 RP + (10RP Participation if all required hits are done)

If attacker ends up loosing: 0RP + (10RP Participation if all required hits are done)

If defender wins: 10RP + (10RP Participation if all required hits are done)

If defender draws: 5RP + (10RP Participation if all required hits are done)

If defender looses: 0 RP + (10RP Participation if all required hits are done)

Hope I could clear everything up.

I was not putting those into the count, I know.

But I still think for a draw each guild should receive 50% of the RP + 10RP for the complete attacks.

Btw, HCS NEED to put information about those 10RPs for full participation on the Conflict Page, there is nothing about it, and everyone should be able to access that information.

#18 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 17:31

Yghorbb, check again....

teachingyghrobb3sxtd.png

#19 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 18:11

Etf...I've checked 3 times in the past, and 2 times yesterday.

What happened to me? Lol

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 19:04

GvG is a good way to keep new players around...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: