40 replies to this topic

#1 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:13

Remove SSI from the game.

As an observant (of 7+ years active playing and logging in daily), please let me advise you that this is quite possibly the single sole factor that is causing new blood to your game to actually leave rather than stay.

Yes, that is what I request if you wish to retain and see online activity increase. Remove SSI from the game, it is detrimental and has proved as such during the years it has been active.

Before such a 'saviour' was introduced into the game mechanics, it was flourishing. The game provided interest and mental agility to progress along with the precious knowledge given by peers who had 'been there,done that and bought the t-shirt'.

What we have now is limited knowledge being passed on (if lucky enough to find BORED players who hang about to chatter and chirp) which consists of:

1) Join this or that guild, which will give you this or that gear.

2) Get this and that skills active but always get SSI and you are good to 'go'.

That's it! New player is then thrown in the deep end and SSI saves their backside while they are bumbling about. Instead of learning the mechanics of the game, having a moment of 'WTF how and why did I die?', they exhaust their stamina and get BORED waiting for more stamina to enable them to continue.

What should be occurring to retain activity is players jumping into the deep end, dying and asking 'wtf' in the global/guild chat seeking solutions as to how to survive.

That moment of being given knowledge of how stats/gear/skills work as a combo to help you survive 90% of combats in PvE is crucial and is what gets players hooked..they sit back and think hmmm what is going on here, how do I get around this? Natural human curiosity comes into play and grips 'gamers'.

As it stands, since the introduction of SSI, new (and old) players burn through their stamina then log out and basically FORGET to log back in again because there is no challenge whatsoever, there is no 'calling' in place to demand their attention.

There are, admittedly, many other aspects that alienate new players, many of which are fundamentally caused by the community themselves. However, lets get
to the crux of the matter with regard to retention of players that womble in as a 'newbie'. Return the aspect of thought to the game, remove the saviour in PvE combat of SSI and watch!

As FS 'goes mobile', not only do you want accessibility for the upcoming generation to 'hook onto', you also need the accessibility of 'brain power' to be included.

Without that 'marriage' of fundamental interconnectedness to grip the human mind along with ease of access, then you will fall flat on your arse.

C'est la vie.

I truly hope that you consider this request to remove a 'bad component' from your game, seriously.

:)

Edited by DirtyChick, 05 November 2015 - 04:28.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:02

I sort of get where you are coming from - it used to be GREAT fun figuring out set combinations but that was back in the good old days, when there actually WERE multiple setups that would enable you to hunt as efficiently as you could (by that, if the level had critters that were 2-hit kills, there were multiple set combinations that would facilitate that 2-hit kill without dying).

I think now, SSI has been around for FAR too long to be removed - I think there'd be more harm than good done by removing it at this stage of the game.

Better idea, IMO, is less gear that lasts hundreds of levels and more critters with stats that MAKE you look at them and switch gear where necessary. Hunting is, for the most part, WAY too easy now - this new 2675 LE will be the first time I've changed my gear in 400 levels (other than helmets) - that's nuts, gear lasting for so long.

Uber power-pots and uber powered gear are the 2 biggest banes in the game I think - if we're going to have them, at least make the critters "match" them.

Give us critters that MAKE us wear DEFENCE gear or MAKE us wear ARMOUR gear that, otherwise, would chew threw imps faster than a starving fat man chewing burgers at Maccas... and then, the next level, gear that MAKES us go full out damage. Mix it up ...

Of course, nothing WILL change, 'cos for everyone of us that WANTS a challenge, there will be 3 or 4 that love the idea of brainless key-mashing 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-R, repeat ad-infinitum

Edited by Pardoux, 05 November 2015 - 05:06.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:18

wont do anything i dont use SSI when hunting i just use high level KE and the NMV i have def and if critter has high attack i buy DC 225 and use flinch

#4 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:18

I completely agree! But I think game mechanics' problems go much further than SSI. I'm still standing on my soapbox denouncing Global and composing potions being far too powerful. I think the three things together have taken any challenge to the game away. The developers have increased the skill levels 2 and 3x and more beyond their previous levels without any consideration to changing the formulas that are used in the rest of the game. If the developers are unwilling to address the Global and composing potions then they need to make the game HARDER in other ways. Make the stats of monsters more difficult, more varied. I'd like to see a return to needing to actually look at the stats. Without returning challenge to the game it's future looks bad.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#5 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:23

wont do anything i dont use SSI when hunting i just use high level KE and the NMV i have def and if critter has high attack i buy DC 225 and use flinch

So you lose on 2%s and don't care? That explains Kill Streak:  248

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#6 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:25

I think now, SSI has been around for FAR too long to be removed - I think there'd be more harm than good done by removing it at this stage of the game.

Why can't it be removed and how would it harm the game?

[Signature removed]

#7 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:32

So you lose on 2%s and don't care? That explains Kill Streak:  248

i do care, but just saying people will find ways to deal with the issue at hand there last ditch, force shield, sidestep, and so on. I definitely care for kill streak.

#8 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:39

In the past we had challenge against the game and against other players, now we only challenge other players, the game is just a path to go to get that.

- Titan hunting is all about competition with other players, only for few levels there a Titan that is hard to kill, but most are easy enough.

- Arena, other players.

- PvP/GvG, other players.

- Composing, other players + time + money.

Levelling is just the way you burn your stamina when bored, so you can raise your level to be able to fight more players on another aspect of the game.

-

I don't know if removing SSI would do any difference, without Death Dealer we will lose 20% damage, but Smashing Hammer 480 from Composing laugh at that, and with NMV100 with KE350 (Composing) and DC225 (Inventing), you will not die that much anyways, would still worth going pure att/DAM to add extra damage for the Overkill buff.

Using less words, yeah, I die time to time, but I'll still be using almost the same gear because of Overkill, and deal with dying more.

#9 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:44

Fair comments Pardoux, however,others have orchestrated SSI addition to the game and then spent years demanding afterwards that challenge be brought back by 'mixing up stats' to return a challenge to PvE hunters.

Poor ole BG has tried to 'mix up' stats on critters for a long long time since then...but guess what..no matter how he changes such stats,it makes no difference whatsoever to hunting when you have SSI to save you. It really is as simple as that! He can add stats to critters that are 40k and in excess of that as an Attack stat BUT we can all build a set to hunt with that incorporates various levels of NMV to back up the SSI andthus you don't die! You don't obliterate your kill streak and the Death Dealer Bonus and you don't destroy your Guilds Unstoppable kill count etc.

All that actually happens is you carry on on your lil merry route of burning stam and gaining gold which returns to 'you' a silly fsp exchange very easily and very simply with combat sets that endure 400 or 500 levels!

Such actions have only served to accommodate those of higher levels for years and is now showing itself as the detrimental aspect to new players who get bored very quickly due to lack of graphics and actually 'dying in combat'.

Bring that back which makes them intrigued enough to ask around and log back in.
Remove SSI and watch new players come back because their brain is thinking and wanting to work it out.

#10 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:45

So you DIE during PvE? That's how it should be, now tell me that your method of hunting is the 'norm' and that your guild supports your decision.

Quite frankly, as a PvE'er using the method and strategy you claim to, then you are engaging in PvE combat that I am requesting be retrieved for all.

So you support my request for removal of something you do not participate with :)

Edited by DirtyChick, 05 November 2015 - 05:54.

#11 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:52

Why can't it be removed and how would it harm the game?

Mostly, 'cos, IMO, folk would leave the game were it removed. I know, it's an old chestnut, the old "I'll leave the game if .." crap, but in this case, I really think folk would.

I'd love more of a challenge in the game, but removing IMP isn't the way to do it I don't think

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#12 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:57

I think that would just make the price of 'Watch Your Back Brew' raise to the skies, but I don't think that would increase the challenge, maybe for 2 weeks before people figure out how to avoid dying too much and share the information by the Guild, Global Chat, Forum, etc...And we will be back at the same point.

One thing that would bring a GREAT change for the game making it a lot more difficult would be to remove 'Tagged Gear', every player would need their own gear, and make BP space for that, and 2 sets would not be enough for 120+ players, the sales would increase a lot.

But I think that's way too much to do after 8 years of FS, that would kill the game for good now.

#13 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:02

Just dont use it.. or do! The choice is yours =)

oie_A5DzFi1CTFxi1_zpsdsrczjlc.gif

#14 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:12

I think Bloody deserves a special forum rank called 'The GIF Maker' lol

#15 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:16

I think Bloody deserves a special forum rank called 'The GIF Maker' lol

I only truly grasp things if they are in picture form =)  :)

insert IDIOT gif here  _____ lol

Edited by bloody18, 05 November 2015 - 06:16.

#16 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:18

I completely agree! But I think game mechanics' problems go much further than SSI. I'm still standing on my soapbox denouncing Global and composing potions being far too powerful. I think the three things together have taken any challenge to the game away. The developers have increased the skill levels 2 and 3x and more beyond their previous levels without any consideration to changing the formulas that are used in the rest of the game. If the developers are unwilling to address the Global and composing potions then they need to make the game HARDER in other ways. Make the stats of monsters more difficult, more varied. I'd like to see a return to needing to actually look at the stats. Without returning challenge to the game it's future looks bad.

Uh huh and I'm nodding my head here as you spout from the soapbox :)

However, I'm attempting to get to the ROOT.

Remove SSI first and foremost and allow other implementations such as GE Boxes and Composting Pots to actually have a role in compensating. As it stands now, all of those lovely treats are kinda worthless and just stat boosting ego moments!?

Remove the SSI and all of the GE + Composty stuffs suddenly gain an edge that is truly worthwhile, not just in PvP but in PvE also?

Composing itself, as an activity, suddenly ramps UP because it could be the difference between being a successful PvE'er or crap one.

We both know how composted/GE pots affect PvP and it's about time that that consequence was/is returned to PvE to retain/encourage activity. IF it's not, then well..bye bye game

Edited by DirtyChick, 05 November 2015 - 06:21.

#17 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:34

... i try to hunt with least amount of buffs. i usually forget to buy it since it not part of my main group of buffs

#18 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:43

I make SSI sellers rich... and I still die... :/

#19 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:45

I think that would just make the price of 'Watch Your Back Brew' raise to the skies, but I don't think that would increase the challenge, maybe for 2 weeks before people figure out how to avoid dying too much and share the information by the Guild, Global Chat, Forum, etc...And we will be back at the same point.

One thing that would bring a GREAT change for the game making it a lot more difficult would be to remove 'Tagged Gear', every player would need their own gear, and make BP space for that, and 2 sets would not be enough for 120+ players, the sales would increase a lot.

But I think that's way too much to do after 8 years of FS, that would kill the game for good now.

No disrespect intended but wouldn't removing SSI actually create some worth to the Watch Your Back brews? As it stands now they only have a market for serious PvPers who are attempting to attain and withstand 48hrs on the BB? Who else uses them?

I absolutely agree with you about tagged gear (worst thing to have happened imo) but this topic is about cutting out a basic root of 'never dying when combating a creature' :)

#20 Ainz

Ainz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:47

As for a nwbie myself, PvE and leveling is what make the game enjoyable for me and possibly the only aspect of the game that we, the newbie could enjoy...
Yeah, i know there's a lot of other thing that you can do inside that game such as arena, pvp and more, but we are on a complete disadvantage for that.

Arena ?
How can i, a mere level 180 Newbie can do against a veteran player that has the best equipment and move for arena.

Pvp ?
" Dont even think of using deflct since i have anti-deflect buffed just for that, bounty board ? well, my guildies that is level XXX can cleared it for me and we can even share the prize "

and even worse, Titan Hunting.
I mean come on, give us a chance..you're level XXXX and you still want to hunt kraken ?

Edited by BigGrim, 05 November 2015 - 11:02.
No swearing please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: