56 replies to this topic

#41 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 21:54

What would people think about being able to break FSP into shards to sell to lower level players?

I would envision that each FSP would be broken into 100 shards(much like the free rewards) and could be sold in chunks of 10 for 1-20k a chunk.

Edited by SirAdmiral, 27 February 2017 - 23:20.

#42 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:49

What would people think about being able to break FSP into shards to sell to lower level players?

I would envision that each FSP would be broken into 100 shards(much like the free rewards) and could be sold in chunks of 10 for 1-20k a chunk.

I actually think there's some merit in this - low level players really struggle (I assume?) to get enough gold together to purchase an FSP, so being able to buy them in stages seems a good idea.

I'm betting those that love robbing said players will disagree tho :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#43 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 14:59

I actually think there's some merit in this - low level players really struggle (I assume?) to get enough gold together to purchase an FSP, so being able to buy them in stages seems a good idea.

Please no, no. Please no.

The next thing you'll know. Is it will take 10 Slivers to make a shard

#44 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 February 2017 - 18:00

Please no, no. Please no.

The next thing you'll know. Is it will take 10 Slivers to make a shard

Ah, so FSP shard rewards (that have been around for years now) have been further sub-divided into slivers ? - I must have missed that update ;)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#45 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2017 - 18:04

Could you two please stop baiting each other?

~ Grim

#46 Badomun

Badomun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2017 - 18:17

~ Grim

:rolleyes: Baiting each other  :D

#47 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 February 2017 - 19:34

~ Grim

Huh ? - I was making a valid point there ?

He ridicules the idea, I defend it - no baiting as far as I can see ..

Edited by Pardoux, 01 March 2017 - 08:03.

#48 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2017 - 22:50

So all these EOC players who are sitting on over 25k worth of stamina or more. Should have Creatures paying out more gold. Instead of actually spending those huge stamina banks, to kill larger numbers of creatures to get the gold. Whereas somebody of my level with the little bit of stamina that I have has to kill as many creatures as I can. To get larger amounts of gold. I mean, I'm sorry that you're waiting around for content. But I don't think that's a reason to pay you two or three times as much as what you're making now. So you can burn through all that stamina that you all are sitting on. To make an exorbitant amount of gold.

Reading many of these threads painfully discouraging :-(

You do understand that beyond EOC each level you earn a smaller and increasingly smaller amount of gold ? we are forced to continually hunt for next to NO gold ...rendering spending the large stam bank NOT profitable ...

Edited by UrcK, 28 February 2017 - 22:51.

#49 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 February 2017 - 23:10

You do understand that beyond EOC each level you earn a smaller and increasingly smaller amount of gold ? we are forced to continually hunt for next to NO gold ...rendering spending the large stam bank NOT profitable ...

Also, players having 'large stamina banks' is not limited exclusively to EOC and is not even relevant to this discussion. You can't possibly think it is a good idea to have game mechanics that are designed to negate character upgrades? That is just pure nonsense.

I'm really tired of seeing players complain that higher levelled players have this and/or have that. You don't automatically get these things, we weren't 'born' with these upgrades. Each and every one was either earned through hard work in-game or paid for with (just as hard worked for) real money.

"Lets make it so the game negates their upgrade, that's how we foster morale and make people want to make their characters better!" - Does this make sense to anyone?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#50 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2017 - 23:16

Perhaps if not an increase in gold somewhere along the line .. surely we all could agree that we need to remove the diminishing returns on gold after EOC like we did on GXP..

#51 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 23:50

I'm the kind of person who robs people for gold :P

#52 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:00

Also, players having 'large stamina banks' is not limited exclusively to EOC and is not even relevant to this discussion. You can't possibly think it is a good idea to have game mechanics that are designed to negate character upgrades? That is just pure nonsense.

That is precisely Urck's point, Doom. Having spent all that money/effort getting a large stam bank, Urck gets to EOC and finds that the game mechanics negates the point of him having upgraded his stam bank ("not profitable" in Urck's words).

I guess you may have been restating his point, but it sure reads like the opposite.

#53 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:19

That is precisely Urck's point, Doom. Having spent all that money/effort getting a large stam bank, Urck gets to EOC and finds that the game mechanics negates the point of him having upgraded his stam bank ("not profitable" in Urck's words).

I guess you may have been restating his point, but it sure reads like the opposite.

Yeah I intended to simply restate but I got carried away. Obviously I agree with UrcK here.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#54 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 23:48

You are not forced to do anything. 

Rethink your strategy? 

I'm really tired of seeing players complain that higher levelled players have this and/or have that. You don't automatically get these things, we weren't 'born' with these upgrades. Each and every one was either earned through hard work in-game or paid for with (just as hard worked for) real money.

Me too and extremely so. I'm sick of it. 

I admit that I "selectively quoted" and then put these two together. 

Hopefully, the combined message is clear. 

Prosperous smacking! (o0

#55 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 March 2017 - 23:51

One shouldn't quote out of context, bad form.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#56 wazzimoto

wazzimoto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 02 March 2017 - 00:32

PvP is fun EoC...try losing some levels instead of gaining??  lolz  :ph34r:

aUcTiOnS  ---->   Check out my current auctions here!

WazziSig1_zps86dd99f5.png

#57 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 00:46

EDIT: Sorry, realized it wasn't worth it. 

Edited by Egami, 02 March 2017 - 00:55.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: