Photo

Fallen Sword App Feedback (v0.1)

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: Fallen Sword App (39 member(s) have cast votes)

What are your initial thoughts on the Fallen Sword App

1. Awesome (18 votes [46.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. Very Good (4 votes [10.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

3. Good (10 votes [25.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.64%

4. Average (2 votes [5.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

5. Poor (4 votes [10.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

6. :( (1 votes [2.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:29

One more thing, on "snow" realms, the d-pad disappears.  You can only find it because the stamina is there.

Ah, interesting! That'd be annoying!

And we need durability stats for equipment prominently displayed as well as backpack count.

Good call.

#42 Badomun

Badomun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 March 2017 - 14:03

1) The blue circle inside the d-pad shows your stamina remaining (the number inside the actual stamina amount).

2) As in the action doesn't appear for it? That just isn't implemented yet.

3) Sounds like a bug! Could be to do with one of your backpack items causing it to not load correctly - I'll take a look.

4) Good idea!

1. I see that now thank you!

2. Correct no action appears and ok wasn't sure

3. My backpack started working now. I have to double tap on it which I tried earlier yesterday but it didn't work.

#43 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2017 - 14:10

Over 180 characters linked to the app now - exciting :D

#44 Plexus37

Plexus37

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 15:04

On Iphone, Inthe  map City of Xinderoth, when zoomed in I cannot seem to scroll to the top of the map. Maybe due to the map size of this one?

#45 LaoAssassin

LaoAssassin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 19:55

The Animal magnetism buff doesn't seem to work as often as it does the browser version. I've only see it work twice in 20 moves as compared to it almost always working on the browser. Is this intended? Oh and a repair button would be nice somewhere so I don't have to keep switching back to browser to repair equips, if you don't mind.

#46 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 00:04

On Iphone, Inthe  map City of Xinderoth, when zoomed in I cannot seem to scroll to the top of the map. Maybe due to the map size of this one?

Aye I think there is an issue with small maps - will try get that fixed in the next update (hopefully sometime next week!)

#47 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 00:05

The Animal magnetism buff doesn't seem to work as often as it does the browser version. I've only see it work twice in 20 moves as compared to it almost always working on the browser. Is this intended? Oh and a repair button would be nice somewhere so I don't have to keep switching back to browser to repair equips, if you don't mind.

For the most part, the app uses the same code on the server (albeit with a different output format) as the web browser version (to reduce the chance of introducing new bugs). I think what's happening here is that the 'refresh' button isn't working yet, hence you would need to move off and onto a tile again to see any new creatures :)

#48 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 March 2017 - 00:59

The app has frozen on my phone.

luakQiY.png

It works well on my tablet, but it stops loading at the point in this image.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#49 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:07

Cannot open and View backpack  android marshmallow

#50 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:13

The app has frozen on my phone.

luakQiY.png

It works well on my tablet, but it stops loading at the point in this image.

Was that moving into the Ymirheim Mountains or from there into another realm?

Cannot open and View backpack  android marshmallow

Thanks will take a look for the next update :)

#51 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:17

Even with Glasses I cannot read a lot of what is on my screen is it possible to enlarge fonts? or make it dragable?

#52 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:02

That was actually where I came to rest to prepare to hunt, I used my browser to travel there.

Later this evening, however, I moved via browser to do my DQ, which I was able to do rather quickly on my phone.  AM never activated btw, not even once.  I'll try again on my tablet another time.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#53 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:33

1 plus for me is on app each square loads as your crossing it plus for se hunt or chest hunt idk if it is same way online because I play strictly off phone and online you have to tap each square and zoom in to hit refresh maybe make refresh button or auto somehow? I saw you posted about maybe speeding it up hopefully it can still load each square while crossing "holding d pad"

2 I only had a problem with the map not scaling to match my phone screen properly had a bunch of gray space I feel as if it's just wasted Idk if you can make it to where screen adapts to phone size or zoom in to match?

3rd just a thought idk if it was posted but maybe if your not gonna show conflict maybe be able to multi click and attack multiple critters at once not being lazy but there is no auto click feature or your not able to click 1234 you know what I mean sorry if I sound silly but it will help minimize time needed which isn't a bad thing just a concept to work with maybe

I didn't see this one either but I'm pretty sure it will be implemented but the step tracker just a reminder :)

Edited by TxLxS, 25 March 2017 - 02:38.

#54 dah342

dah342

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 14:57

Double-tap feature on creatures - Option(?). I see how the sword button adds to the game, but less convenient during things such as hunting.

#55 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:03

This occured to me as I was doing my DQ... It's nice seeing my xp and gold flash on the screen, but most of us pay taxes. That should also show in that display.

Also, the d-pad should have diagonals demarcated in some way. maybe hash marks to keep it simple with out cluttering things up...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#56 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:50

Double-tap feature on creatures - Option(?). I see how the sword button adds to the game, but less convenient during things such as hunting.

Good idea :)

#57 obitwo

obitwo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 22:38

Works as intended running on a Motorola Nexus 6. 

Started playing many many years ago, and although I've had a huge break, I was really excited by the news of Fallen Sword coming to Android (finally).

So I made a short video to hype the release and get more people excited about the game coming to mobile (whether or not they have any pre-existing knowledge about Fallen Sword). Here it is, in case you're interested. I'll do more in-depth reviews / commentaries on the mobile version as it gets updated and closer to release:

Edited by obitwo, 28 March 2017 - 09:52.

#58 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2017 - 19:50

Cool video obitwo thanks! Shared it on our Facebook page too :D

#59 Qloak

Qloak

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:13

I did not read all of the rply, heres my thoughts.

1. The app runs smooth on wifi, as soon as I try to connect with 3/4g I get stuck at loading screen, map wont appear, I can still go into my profile and change gear without problems, but the map wont show, only solution to solve the map appearance is to reinstall the app, connecting to wifi wont help.

2. Navigation pad is cool, but I hate the fact that u can still move the map around when u have ur finger on the navigation pad, also I noticed u can walk over obsticles.

3. Minions showing on the app, heres a tips on how they should be displayed, e.g theres 5 rats and 2 goblins, I hate the fact that they all show as individual and that I have to scroll, how about adding a Ratx5 goblinx2, to minimize all the scrolling, also add a quick button to kill all 5x rats by holding the "Rat profile" and color turns pink or w/e.

4. Also I dont like the attack button on the right side, I rather have that above the the move pad, thats just a pref.
my righthand choses minions to kill, my left hand moves to location and swaps to atk button when my right hand has chosen what to attack, I feel this is a smoother gameplay where u move ur fingers as litle as possible. (u will never move and attack at the same time)

other than that, I think you guys doing a great job with the first V. of the app, I support this app idea allot. Good going!

#60 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:00

The app appears to be stuck at "loading game". this occurs on both phone (4g) and tablet (hi speed wifi from at&t).

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: