Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:53

Hi there everyone!

Tiered Steamwork Cuirasses!

Rumours abound in the Realms. New recipes for upgraded, "tiered" Steamwork Cuirasses are being whispered about in taverns across the land. They appear to be found in the same shop as the Tiered Inferno Hammers and Writhing Wards!

All auctions for items used in the creation of Steamwork Cuirasses have been cancelled and returned to their owning players!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:15

nice grim wondered when it would get its upgrade the arena champs will have fun..........sadly no space

#3 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:51

Is the tier 5 and 4 supposed to have the same stam gain? Currently +4 on both?

Edited by zizzwyly, 04 May 2018 - 11:52.

#4 gilby90813

gilby90813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:57

Thought this was suppose to bring value back to epics people hunted not invented that gets mass produce

#5 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:01

Thought this was suppose to bring value back to epics people hunted not invented that gets mass produce

problem with the steamwork is thoses who do massively well in the arena or have access to the tokens will make hundreds of the epic ,its the one epic which isnt really open to all at a equal chance because you either good at the arena or not

Edited by hades8840, 04 May 2018 - 12:02.

#6 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:31

Hi there everyone!

Tiered Steamwork Cuirasses!

Rumours abound in the Realms. New recipes for upgraded, "tiered" Steamwork Cuirasses are being whispered about in taverns across the land. They appear to be found in the same shop as the Tiered Inferno Hammers and Writhing Wards!

All auctions for items used in the creation of Steamwork Cuirasses have been cancelled and returned to their owning players!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

So is it intentional that tier 4 and 5 have the same stam gain? why are these different to inferno hammers and writhing wards?

#7 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:49

This came at a big surprise. It was only two hours before people were thru with the new stuff.

Keep these things going, maybe try non-inventable Epics with it too :)

#8 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 May 2018 - 13:01

Is the tier 5 and 4 supposed to have the same stam gain? Currently +4 on both?

Bumped Tier 5 to 5+. Figured tiering these was a good way to actually give the Cuirass some Gains, which it didn't have before.

Keep these things going, maybe try non-inventable Epics with it too smile.png

That's my intention.Will likely look to the earliest hunted ones like Oggy in the future.

~ Grim

#9 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 04 May 2018 - 13:18

I think it would be better to not say which one you're picking so fast...

I feel like people wouldn't just stockpile on them and outright invent them as soon as they come out if you kept things a secret 8-o

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 May 2018 - 13:27

I think it would be better to not say which one you're picking so fast...

To a degree perhaps, but common sense would dictate those would be most likely looked at, no?

~ Grim

#11 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 04 May 2018 - 15:23

Yes. But then that builds speculation ;P

People knew the Steamwork was coming months in advance and farmed it out. Plenty of Tier 5s are out within a couple of hours. It's not necessarily bad, just feels more exciting to not expect something

#12 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 May 2018 - 17:13

Yes. But then that builds speculation ;P

People knew the Steamwork was coming months in advance and farmed it out. Plenty of Tier 5s are out within a couple of hours. It's not necessarily bad, just feels more exciting to not expect something

I sort of have to agree here. 

I'm not saying that promoting the Steamwork was bad, just that it took a lot of anticipation out of it, plus made it "easy" to invent.

Maybe:  The  (Insert fantastically  inspired name here) is under development in Barn #4 and will soon be released.  This is going to be another tired epic, but with a cost to be borne in the use, as it will be cursed by the Shadow Lord!  (Might as well blame him, he gets blamed for almost everything else),

I'm also a big fan of just not buying your way into making an epic.  Maybe have it constructed by non-tradeable items?

Anyway, just a thought.

#13 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 20:56

Am I wrong in thinking that all the other Epic armors just went out the window? 

Well, Fawkes and Krumper are lower level at least. Pretty pleased that those milk pails just lost some value for that really special cow armor, lol. 

Noticed the Gurgiss stam gain armor just got matched in price with lower levels being able to use it and more stam gain. 

Just glad I've already warned everyone about resale value... for like... almost 11 years, rotfl. 

Prosperous smacking peeps! (o0

#14 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 00:34

Am I wrong in thinking that all the other Epic armors just went out the window? 

Well, Fawkes and Krumper are lower level at least. Pretty pleased that those milk pails just lost some value for that really special cow armor, lol. 

Noticed the Gurgiss stam gain armor just got matched in price with lower levels being able to use it and more stam gain. 

Just glad I've already warned everyone about resale value... for like... almost 11 years, rotfl. 

Prosperous smacking peeps! (o0

Just like they did when the inferno and ward were introduced as well. Nothing ever stays the same Next it will be oggy or skally boots.

#15 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 19:58

Just like they did when the inferno and ward were introduced as well. Nothing ever stays the same Next it will be oggy or skally boots.

Indeed... I'm still not sure why a level 300 needs so much stam gain, but I'm lmao at this inclusion.

A little concerned about the seasonal Titan detriment, but honestly don't care.

Personally, and just take this with a chuckle, I think it sucks that I need to think about changing my Ridged Legion Breastplate.

All in all, exactly what you say: a great lesson for those looking for long-term profit.

Already been commented that the T5 was at 2k FSP and has now dropped to 350 FSP. That is exactly how the world works.

Keep it rolling! Prosperous smacking everybody! (o0

#16 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:18

problem with the steamwork is thoses who do massively well in the arena or have access to the tokens will make hundreds of the epic ,its the one epic which isnt really open to all at a equal chance because you either good at the arena or not

I find this statement a bit of a ... not sure what the word is

You have a MASSIVE backpack, and thus can invent most items with ease and make massive profits - that's not open to all with an equal chance either ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#17 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 07 May 2018 - 14:41

I think it is completely fair for someone to be good at something in the game and make profit from it. You've had it with Inventors, Titan Hunters, Levelers (Buffs), Composers...

On topic, I think Egami makes a good point. The Steamwork just made a lot (most) of the Epic Armors significantly worse. +5 Stam gain at that level is pretty crazy, considering that Epic Armors with almost 4 times it's level requirement only have +3~.

The Tiered Epics are a welcome change, but I think the balancing needs to be taken more into consideration with these type of release, specially since we have more of these coming.

#18 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 00:07

Personally think it's great if arena tokens are required for it. 

Also don't see an issue... peeps can purchase or learn to get what they need if they, personally, consider it worthwhile.

RIP Ridged Legion Breastplate. 

That's my only sad thing, but don't take it wrong... it's just about nostalgia. And I don't think that's an issue, for me at least.

Just like zizz said... it happens time and time again. 

Like SS said based on my pm, I'm a little bit perturbed about how many Epics (particularly Seasonals) it wiped out. 

But again, I don't care much. 

The "lesson" is... if you have the FSP and think it's worth it, buy, buy, away. Kudos to those that make profit. Tons of those EoCers have been complaining about... hmm, "gold issues". Yeah, cuz... well, I don't really know why. Actually had one say that they "can't" generate gold. 

Which is obviously BS... Reality is that they "generate" less... which somehow they think is "bad" for the game. Seriously though, I get how they are really distraught about this. Well, now they have things to do... and, wow, it's been reflected in MP. 

People will inevitably complain about the price on this. Having the "latest" thing is "cool". Me, yeah, I'll wait until it hits 20 FSP... might even do it myself... Who knows? Depends on how bored I get. The whining is pretty annoying. Nothing requiring you to do it.

I will say that I really like the fact that I am the only player in game to really bring up the point about the Epics going out the window. Might not really be "clear", but I do think that's a positive. 

The fact that I'm gonna wait until the +10 stam gain items come out... well... it's just opportunity cost, lmao.

Wait for the really cool stuff after the app. (o0

#19 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 00:33

I find this statement a bit of a ... not sure what the word is

You have a MASSIVE backpack, and thus can invent most items with ease and make massive profits - that's not open to all with an equal chance either ?

see now the statement was taken out of context personally doesnt affect me nothing in the game does i adapt and i profit but the arena isnt easy for many to win i didnt do too bad at it till i grew bored but i can buy thousands of tokens if i wanted to many others couldnt you could spend months in the arena and walk out with nowt...you could farm the items for the ward but you would need the space ...and the hammer you could also farm the steamwork was the only one you cant farm what you need..is all i meant no lvl of skill is needed for the ward or the hammer the armour does ...but you are right i can make alot and profit its also why i keep my prices way below others

#20 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:23

The Steamwork just made a lot (most) of the Epic Armors significantly worse. +5 Stam gain at that level is pretty crazy, considering that Epic Armors with almost 4 times it's level requirement only have +3~.

It could be seen as a chance (for those that can afford it) for lower levels to get a small boost towards EOC with a faster stam gain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: