Photo

Anyone got ideas for more benefits of being a supporter?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:46

My sub is running out in May and I have found that for me personally I only have ONE reason to renew it, that is solely to support the games development.

I do not need the EP, the xp boosts or gold boosts, the unlimited gold cap, rested xp, the extra loyalty points.

Just starting this thread to see if anyone has any ideas of extra benefits to being a supporter. :)

Nothing overpowered, or anything that will increase the gap between free to play and paying players... but anyone have any ideas?

You do not need to be a supporter to make suggestions, as everyone can come up with ideas for little "perks" :D

I only have one idea off the top of my head and that is to give the same amount of loyalty points per month as our EP, so increasing to a max of 1000 loyalty points per month. If that is done though, there would probably need to be alot more vanity and other stuff added to the loyalty section in the shop.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#2 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:49

+ 1500 dps would be nice... JK

But i would like vanities that only supporters could buy.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#3 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:55

supporter limited vanity items and mounts limited to supporter(let some mounts obviously be sold for EP and such when they are released.),slightly more of a increase towards reputation gains then there already is. 

Edited by HuMoR, 29 April 2014 - 12:56.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#4 DanteOn

DanteOn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:59

Free beer in tavern any time you wish plus lap dance  :P

#5 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 13:12

This will be way too much i know but what about supporters can unbound any item accountwise?

Too much?

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#6 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 13:33

Supporter only limited areas, it was said that it wouldn't be like this on release but I believe it is the only thing to "enforce" happy players into needing a subscription to access content that they otherwise are missing out on.

This could be supporter only quests, a supporter only profession. These kind of areas shouldn't give anything that a normal area would, unless it is unique to the game. Unique items (no matter what they are, weapons.. etc) shouldn't be better than any globally obtainable item.

However I can see the current community hating that idea since most seem to hate game-working suggestions that would put the game into the right direction. So if it is going the cosmetic only route they really need to increase cosmetic storage space and give a reason, achievements, bragging rights.. etc for those who own multiple cosmetics.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#7 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 13:48

I didn't renew/re get supporter when I had the chance too, I got EP instead. At level 45, there's really no incentive to have it other than to support the game and you can do that with EP purchases
I don't need the XP gain, monthly EP, more rep/profession xp etc since I don't do professions and Im not in a hurry to lvl my alt.
the only thing that would make supporter worth getting is an increased monthly EP gain/more valor, maybe supporter only content (althought I don't want this game to be p2w) removed level restrictions for teleporting to/from places, more vanity choices and maybe a custom color name or custom colors when writing in chat and a bigger friends/ignore list

#8 TakeTwo

TakeTwo

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 14:50

Maybe attaching items to mail can be subscription only

Number of items you can sell in the auction house

Having 2 pets spawn instead of 1 at a time

Additional 10% discount on cashshop items

Cheaper repairs

#9 Narciss

Narciss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 15:09

More respec!!

#10 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 15:12

More respec!!

Suporters can respect every 30 days ?

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#11 Licker

Licker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 15:24

I am glad to support every game I play (always do) but as F2P completely relies on supporters to exist I personally was under whelmed at the benefits. 

As long as I play the game I will support it though I always find the  "Play to Win" a funny term without supporters there is no game simple economics. 

Its hard being a Dev though finding a balance between encouraging support yet not alienating the people who wish to play for free. 

If I ever did choose a real F2P option I would have no issue with disparity as I realize Devs make the games subscribers / micromarket purchasers pay for it.

In Rapplez (Game still  going in some form) when I played it as a kid in Korea 2006 beta it had an area only access able by supporters.

In this small area repairs, potions and certain weapons were a lot cheaper. people who circumvent this to a degree by asking their guild mates friends to repair their stuff.

I played the game as one of my first ventures into MMO's admittedly I needed to get my Dad to pay for the subscriber buff but the F2P resentment was little to non existent.

That game was a wholly Micro payment game though and ended up a  complete Pay to win game {argg horrible term} (one of the reasons I left it).

A variation of this might still work though.

Though many people wish the supporters of F2P games to get no benefit except the right to pay for the game to exist

Edited by Licker, 02 May 2014 - 17:58.

No supporters or Micro Market Purchasers = No Game (Simple Economics)

영어 죄송합니다

행복에게있어

#12 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 15:39

Supporter only limited areas, it was said that it wouldn't be like this on release but I believe it is the only thing to "enforce" happy players into needing a subscription to access content that they otherwise are missing out on.

This could be supporter only quests, a supporter only profession. These kind of areas shouldn't give anything that a normal area would, unless it is unique to the game. Unique items (no matter what they are, weapons.. etc) shouldn't be better than any globally obtainable item.

However I can see the current community hating that idea since most seem to hate game-working suggestions that would put the game into the right direction. So if it is going the cosmetic only route they really need to increase cosmetic storage space and give a reason, achievements, bragging rights.. etc for those who own multiple cosmetics.

Yikes. That comment wasn't very nice. Don't give in to hate, that leads to the dark side of the forums!

I still stand by the belief that the Supporter buff is strong enough, although I do think it is important to provide incentive to players who are already maxed out in everything to continue subscribing. However, this needs to happen without adding any additional grind power behind the Supporter buff(which is already plenty strong when grinding just about anything). I would certainly be okay with additional cosmetic support such as access to additional vanity storage, etc.

I am decidedly against locking off content to exclusively Supporters, as it would tilt the game further towards the 'freemium' model, which effectively is just a cleverly disguised P2P model without any of the benefits and with all of the downside. I'd much rather see a pure P2P system than that alternative, although that would be a risky business decision in that case.

Although, one thing that would be a very cool middle-ground in terms of exclusive access, without locking off 'real' content, would be to allow Supporter access to a beta test server to test new patches and builds.

#13 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 15:52

We're open to ideas that would improve the supporter buff. We were already planning to increase relic and prestige rewards gained for supporters in a upcoming patch.  :)

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#14 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 16:05

We're open to ideas that would improve the supporter buff. We were already planning to increase relic and prestige rewards gained for supporters in a upcoming patch.  :)

The prestige buff, while I'm not super excited about making that grind easier, is an acceptable cosmetic change.

Increasing relic rewards feels a little too powerful to me, but if that pleases the community, then, I will be on board with the change!

Edited by huhbum, 29 April 2014 - 16:15.

#15 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 April 2014 - 16:23

Yikes. That comment wasn't very nice. Don't give in to hate, that leads to the dark side of the forums!

Be that as it may, it is a valid point that many players here do, do. Most players within this community are either new to the mmorpg genre, new to gaming or very casual. Thus resulting in choices and feedback that solely revolves around them rather than the potential for a thriving population.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#16 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 16:27

Be that as it may, it is a valid point that many players here do, do. Most players within this community are either new to the mmorpg genre, new to gaming or very casual. Thus resulting in choices and feedback that solely revolves around them rather than the potential for a thriving population.

I agree with this statement to the point that, quite often(and I am guilty of this at times as well), players only seek the development outcome that solely benefits themselves over the benefit of the 'greater good', in this case the community.

I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but the explanation that you just posted is a thousand times more constructive, and therefore better, than your original one-liner. Fostering a positive community experience is the best way to encourage people to think of others, and not just themselves!

Returning to the original point, it's refreshing to see so much developer attention on the suggestion forums today!

#17 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 16:44

I am a supporter i agree with the prestige increase PLZ

but not with the relics increase.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

#18 Oops

Oops

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 April 2014 - 17:28

I like the idea of supporters being able to send bound stuff between characters though I am not talking gear I am talking stuff like backpacks and pets I think gear that requires you to do a dungeon shouldn't be traded between alts

#19 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 29 April 2014 - 17:33

May 11 suppotor run's out not sure going get another 3 month's or so agin see as nothing realy do at lvl 45 even harder find group's for DGN.

Just as well, So far see many post improve or make worth get sub.

Increase to artis / Perstiage rewards sound greate love that might keep so get those 100 = Ele flake's need for gear need 2 toon's as of right now take me 2 month of dailys' get.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#20 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 17:42

Supporter buff gives your pets the ability to loot bags for you.

pets auto looting bags has been suggested before but others brought up the good point it'ld make it easier to macro/bot farm since wouldn't even have to loot items.  but if it was a feature unlocked by supporters people paying money for the game are much less likely to bot anyway so i think it'ld be safe.

supporter could get to do dailies twice a day instead of once

supporters could get a 2nd talent spec they can switch between the 2 once supporter was removed it would lock them back to only the main tallent spec

supporters could get 2 gear sets that could switch with the talent specs  (so could have a pve gear/talent spec and pvp gear/talent spec. the pvp gear set would only be active when you switched to the pvp talent spec.)

supporters could be given an option to gain exp, prestige, or artisan upon completing a quest (would be chosen each time the quest was completed like an optional reward)

also though i'ld suggest making it so you can buy supporter status for EP so players that are unable to spend real life money could earn gold and buy ep of players to get supporter....  i'ld say something like 1k ep per week of supporter. but that could be adjusted.

Edited by awollsd, 29 April 2014 - 17:43.

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: