50 replies to this topic

#21 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:24

All that will accomplish is putting certain guilds back in titan dominance again - and that's not good for the game.

not sure why you are talking about guilds dominance in titan hunting when I clearly posted BOLD in my OP

Make only Seasonal Titans TKP be awarded to the Player, NOT to the GUILD !!! “Free-for-All”

+ EVEN maxdragon, epicpiety & kitobas told you that the Seasonal TKP go to the Player & NOT to the guild !!!

So, IF you change it to individual player TKP as opposed to Guild TKP (something I'm pretty sure has been suggested before and knocked on the head by BG), then how does cool-down work ?

Heck, I'd be more on-board with this idea if it only applied to NON-Seasonal ones, but for seasonals ? - nope, NO vote here.

actually what you just suggested (to make normal titans [=NON-Seasonal] TKP player based) has been RIGHTFULLY shot down by HCS !!!

your idea to make NON-Seasonals TKP player based would lead to certain guilds titan dominance because:

• a guild only needs to have few fast hunters (a handful) to dominate & control the price !!!
  • as we know NON-Seasonal Titans spawn after (many) hours, even days UNLIKE Seasonal Titans who spawn almost after the hour or very shortly !!!
  • slow hunters would be at a gread disadvantage agaist them !!!

as you can see making NON-Seasonal Titans TKP player based would be a very bad idea !!!

So, IF you change it to individual player TKP as opposed to Guild TKP, then how does cool-down work ?

ALL Examples are with a Titan that has 6000 TKP !!!

1st) EXAMPLE

guild 1 sends 3 hunters (a1, a2, a3)

guild 2 sends 1 hunter (b1)

Titan gets defeated

a1 got 1000 kills

a2 got 1500 kills

a3 got 1500 kills

b1 got 2000 kills

=> NON of them got more than 50% of the TKP (<3000 kills)

=> NON got the secure, everyone will be awarded with TKP & NON get on Cooldown !!!

2nd) EXAMPLE

Titan gets defeated

a1 got 1500 kills

a2 got 1000 kills

a3 got 3500 kills

=> a3 got more than 50% of the TKP (<3000 kills) => a3 secured & gets the epic & gets on Cooldown !!!

=> a1 & a2 get TKP & NOT on Cooldown !!!

3rd) EXAMPLE

Titan gets defeated

a1 got 1500 kills

a2 got 2500 kills

a3 got 2000 kills

=> NON of them got more than 50% of the TKP (<3000 kills) EVENTHOUGH all 3 hunters were from the same guild BUT TKP is PLAYER based, NOT GUILD based !!!

=> NON got the secure, everyone will be awarded with TKP & NON get on Cooldown !!!

I hope this explains it smile.png

again

Make only Seasonal Titans TKP be awarded to the Player, NOT to the GUILD !!! “Free-for-All”

it is Everyone VS Everyone !!!

it does NOT matter if a guild sends 10 hunters because these 10 hunters will be hunting against each other !!!

this very good idea mary4ever and will letting me staying in game for titan event because I can titan hunting :)

now what we having in seasonal titan I and many player going offline for titan event because we not can hunting seasonal titan, this very sad

me and many I know stay offline during Seasonal Events too since we hardly have any chance to hunt them (for me less than 2% chance)

I hoping hoofmaster will coming and reading this, this only needing little coding and can doing for next titan event for all players can having doing titan hunting :)

totally agree !!!

I think we have 3-4 Titan Events per year, that's about 2 months of time me & many players stay offline since we hardly have any chance / are "automatically" excluded from these Titan Events !!!

BUT with this suggestion it would get many players (incl. me) to actively login for these 2 months (instead of staying offline) to participate in the Titan Events !!! smile.png

& before someone mentions that Titans are meant to be hunted in a group / team then sorry that's not the case anymore at all in a long time, EVERYONE who has titan hunted in the last 3 years knows that the vast majority are SOLO secures, especially the Seasonal Titans !!!

btw you do not even need to be in a guild to Titan Hunt at all !!!

2-3 years ago a guildless player proved that & he got 7 secures !!!

incase you did not know if you are NOT in a guild then you will not get any Cooldown !!!

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#22 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:43

this thread is NOT about Coding developement

this thread is NOT about the mobile app or which platform titan hunting is best designed for !!!

this thread is NOT about whether the earth is flat or not !?!

this thread is about only Seasonal Titans TKP to be Player based !!!

anything else is OFF-Topic & will only derail this topic so please if you want to talk about OFF-Topics then please do so in another thread !!!

please stick to the topic, thanks

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:12

not sure why you are talking about guilds dominance in titan hunting when I clearly posted BOLD in my OP

+ EVEN maxdragon, epicpiety & kitobas told you that the Seasonal TKP go to the Player & NOT to the guild !!!

I know exactly what you said about the TKP going to the player and not the guild, but the fact of the matter is, that the best titan hunters generally are in the best titan hunting guilds.

Ergo, by making TKP an individual thing, rather than a guild thing, all that will happen is that those guilds will secure more and more titans and thus be detrimental.

BG has said before that there are benefits to being in a big guild and there are drawbacks to counter those - so, if you don't want to be in a big guild when seasonal titans are active, then leave, create a guild of your own and secure them that way. That's what one of our guildmates does, and heck, we're a LONG way from being a big guild.

So, again, I think this is a step BACK in the game, and not an improvement.

But, hey, let's wait and see what BG - and the elusive Hoof maybe - have to say ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:32

Personally opposed to this suggestion that Seasonal TKP be player based...all it will create is  players who collude with each other.

#25 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:01

Im rather confused and below are a few quotes.

1st) EXAMPLE

2nd) EXAMPLE

3rd) EXAMPLE

"Sends" is the word I'm having a problem with. How will that work, if its meant literally? 

Is permission needed to be sent out to hunt?

Will there be a set team of 3 hunters at a time and/or switched out of based on total tkp and availability?

People reading may feel certain words should be revised so it doesn't seem militarized or hostile.

"3 guild mates a b and c show up"

Then,

a1 got 1000 kills

a2 got 1500 kills

a3 got 1500 kills

b1 got 2000 kills

its more like if your talking seasonal titans for the first 10 days

i.e. 

a1 got 1122

a2 got 490

b1 got 691

b2 got 322

b3 got 312

c1  got 1440

d1 got 412

d2 got 204

e1 got 120

f1 got 1524 <insert only joke in post> [this me] 

*it can and will fluctuate , you might get less tkp might get more however the average person will get 400-600 tkp

that means you'll have to hunt 1 titan 6-10 times for the item 

please take note stamina cost with be also multiplied by the number of times it will take you for the item

as well as time spent , note you will have to spend more time durning preparing and hunting .

Also

it is Everyone VS Everyone !!!

it does NOT matter if a guild sends 10 hunters because these 10 hunters will be hunting against each other !!!

This may cause internal conflicts amongst guild members which should be avoided.

Lets be honest at first everyone will partake then hold back and let other have a chance to collect tkp since the titan are dying faster than expected due to the more competitive nature having this function active.

Then personal messages get sent asking are you hunting or not can i get this one I'm so close to having enough tkp?

Already having used a potion to hunt it and already on the map you are stuck in a hard place pass on it to continue.

Then you pass on it and the titan fails to spawn as active as it was and your left with 4-5000 tkp and the event is over and you thinking "what if i just hunted instead of this and what if that and you get the picture. 

We ride and die for our friends and families on here but you can't have any possibility of competing amongst each other

So at the end this post is to inform you all that it may not work the way you think it will. It makes sense of course and i understand where some or you are coming from i do, but there are many variables that aren't answered and can't be answered.

And if i leave with 1 thing you can take from this is that my TKP numbers are a bit more accurate.

Have fun everyone and Good luck on the post hopefully more positive and negative feedbacks gets presented and admin shows up swell. 

Later

#26 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:03

well thank you for clearing that up ,but will wait for the app anyway

5aZzW0p.png,

#27 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 14:07

this thread is NOT about Coding developement

this thread is NOT about the mobile app or which platform titan hunting is best designed for !!!

this thread is NOT about whether the earth is flat or not !?!

anything else is OFF-Topic & will only derail this topic so please if you want to talk about OFF-Topics then please do so in another thread !!!

please stick to the topic, thanks

You opened that door yourself in op by mentioning the alleged composing pots debate....

Don't chastise others for following your blatant lead....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#28 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:32

Multis love ideas like these!

All jokes aside, It seems like a very great and interesting idea. Sort of reminds me of PvP seasons in the sense that everyone was your enemy. Just the only issue is that it will create A LOT of competition. Dont get me wrong I would love more people to beat ( :P ) but it wouldnt give much of the casual titan hunters a chance to get the epic. (Since this will null the whole entire purpose of the current 7 day cool down system).

Just kinda sucks big guilds barely get a chance to hunt the titans themselves though :/

uwClls8.png

#29 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:08

Just kinda sucks big guilds barely get a chance to hunt the titans themselves though :/

well no cause without the cool down prob 2 or 3 guilds would be the only ones getting the points ,that would make them even more unbearable than they are now 

5aZzW0p.png,

#30 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:08

Titans were designed to be a TEAM EFFORT, were they not?

1 player alone in a guild is not a team but he can hunting titans

a team is 2 or more players, because 1 player alone in guild can hunting titan it meaning titan not team effort or hcs would have doing change years ago for making it team effort

I know exactly what you said about the TKP going to the player and not the guild, but the fact of the matter is, that the best titan hunters generally are in the best titan hunting guilds.

Ergo, by making TKP an individual thing, rather than a guild thing, all that will happen is that those guilds will secure more and more titans and thus be detrimental.

I have hunting against ffs, mom and ted, they having only very few players who fast, rest of their many members I beating many times easy

bro, why you talking again about guild thing, that guilds will secure?

it not guilds, mary4ever idea is for player tkp, not guild tkp, if player securing then it player secure, not guild secure

(mary4ever idea) if I securing titan or having enough tkp to buy seasonal epic then player getting epic, not guild getting epic

mary4ever idea very good and nobody can saying it will not bringing more titan hunters and more activity, it will benefiting more player online activity

it not detrimental to game, it only detrimental to 1 man guilds who will then having competetion, not having it easy anymore for solo securing easy titan, they will having to hunt titan more than one time to getting epic

players will doing more titan hunting, this meaning players staying longer online in game and this good for game, not bad

So, again, I think this is a step BACK in the game, and not an improvement.

no this improvement for game when more players can hunt and doing more game activity online

you making confusion and staying talking about guild secure, mary4ever idea saying

Make only Seasonal Titans TKP be awarded to the Player, NOT to the GUILD !!!

she saying player tkp, not guild tkp

when getting secure or enough tkp then player getting epic, guild not getting epic because it player tkp, not guild tkp

Personally opposed to this suggestion that Seasonal TKP be player based...all it will create is  players who collude with each other.

I not understanding, you saying players not colluding with titans for years?

with mary4ever idea colluding will becoming more difficult than now because now you need colluding with 2 or 3 guilds but mary4ever idea bringing more activity, more hunters, this meaning you need colluding with many more hunters and will making it very difficult, this very good

You opened that door yourself in op by mentioning the alleged composing pots debate....

Don't chastise others for following your blatant lead....

you not can reading? mary4ever saying in first post here in topic if want talking about composing then go to pvp topic and she posting this link https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75252

why you keeping starting fighting with mary4ever, I remembering in other forum you starting attacking her again and biggrim then removing your postings

I not caring if you two not liking each other or having fight with her but keep your fight with her out of this forum, I liking this topic idea very much and wanting talking with other players about it, not reading your fight with her

I agreing bro and hoping it will changing for improvement for making all players can titan hunt

Edited by kitobas, 11 July 2017 - 10:17.

#31 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:49

I'm gonna say yes to all the prequels - overpowered potions, bug fixes etc etc, but NO to the seasonal titans giving PERSONAL vs GUILD tkp.

All that will accomplish is putting certain guilds back in titan dominance again - and that's not good for the game.

All kidding aside, how does this possibly benefit the casual titan hunter? Titans were designed to be a TEAM EFFORT, were they not? Making any of them a one person free for all only benefits the pros, and small fry like me (on PC or mobile) don't stand a chance. Seasonals are special critters, they're meant to be rare and hard to come by. If you want your own, join the team. The CD period was instituted in the first place to give smaller guilds a more equal playing field..

Now idc either way personally, but it seems to me that such a radical change is a step back. That would be bad for the game.

Personally opposed to this suggestion that Seasonal TKP be player based...all it will create is players who collude with each other.

well no cause without the cool down prob 2 or 3 guilds would be the only ones getting the points ,that would make them even more unbearable than they are now

No to you trying to Monopolize Seasonals.

#32 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:02

I liking this very much and I agreing :)

last year I could not hunting 1 titan from many seasonal titans in titan events but player who alone or in very small guild hunting every seasonal titan and getting 2 epics from every seasonal titan, one year and I could not hunting for one minute

I have hunting against ffs, mom and ted, they having only very few players who fast, rest of their many members I beating many times easy
bro,

So can you hunt for 1 minute or not? Don't contradict yourself.

#33 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:34

[stuff]

you not can reading? mary4ever saying in first post here in topic if want talking about composing then go to pvp topic and she posting this link https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75252

why you keeping starting fighting with mary4ever, I remembering in other forum you starting attacking her again and biggrim then removing your postings

I not caring if you two not liking each other or having fight with her but keep your fight with her out of this forum, I liking this topic idea very much and wanting talking with other players about it, not reading your fight with her

[stuff]

If she doesn't want these things discussed here, why mention them in the first place? It irks me when somebody brings up a subject, then get bent out of shape when others comment on it.   

I'm not saying I have a problem with her, I don't know her.

I do disagree with this.  SEASONALS should not be easy to obtain!

Titans should remain a guild activity!  

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#34 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:59

its an interesting idea!  my question is, as a founder, how will the epic be obtained, say from player getting over 50%?  Epics are always guild tagged, and go in that special GOLD store slot, until moved to regular guild store.  will they still be tagged? and have to be untagged?  also, instead of out right obtaining the epic from most kills, say player takes a year to get enough kills in...will game keep track of that so when the player DOES have enough TKP, someone (not sure how this would work does person themselves purchase epic, or only those with permissions in the guild?) or does none of this show up in the guild but in a separate button on players own home page?  i think if all these were figured out, it would be nice to have it as a "TITAN EVENT" like composing and leveling and globals...and the one time PVP seasons.

#35 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 17:17

I'm not sure if I like this idea or not.

My suggestions to maybe make it workable:

1  --  Make it a Global only event.  Make it a rare event.

2  --  Make it for ALL titans, not just seasonal.  (Or maybe only regular titans with rewards including seasonal epics.)

3  --  The goals will be titan hit points taken.

4  --  The rewards could be new epics, or a choice of epics decided upon according to titan hit points taken by each individual.

A different choice maybe for each tier.

5  --  NO secures.  Accumulated TKP used to obtain tier rewards.

6  --  Rewards should be delivered to player's mailbox, not guild stores.

7  --  Personal TKP earned in these events should be stored to count toward future event rewards.

8  --  All titans (inc/excl seasonal titans as decided upon) should be released in all their maps for the duration of the event.

9  --  A new level 25 titan should be created just for this event so everyone can join this global event.

Pros:

Everyone has a chance.  Even slow hunters should be able to find a titan they have a chance with.

Cons:

An event like this will only serve to further devalue epics.

Edited by Lahona, 11 July 2017 - 17:18.

#36 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 18:14

I'm not sure if I like this idea or not.

My suggestions to maybe make it workable:

1  --  Make it a Global only event.  Make it a rare event.

2  --  Make it for ALL titans, not just seasonal.  (Or maybe only regular titans with rewards including seasonal epics.)

3  --  The goals will be titan hit points taken.

4  --  The rewards could be new epics, or a choice of epics decided upon according to titan hit points taken by each individual.

A different choice maybe for each tier.

5  --  NO secures.  Accumulated TKP used to obtain tier rewards.

6  --  Rewards should be delivered to player's mailbox, not guild stores.

7  --  Personal TKP earned in these events should be stored to count toward future event rewards.

8  --  All titans (inc/excl seasonal titans as decided upon) should be released in all their maps for the duration of the event.

9  --  A new level 25 titan should be created just for this event so everyone can join this global event.

Pros:

Everyone has a chance.  Even slow hunters should be able to find a titan they have a chance with.

Cons:

An event like this will only serve to further devalue epics.

I would add that ALL titan rewards during these events should be bound. 

#37 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 18:18

I have hoped something would be done about seasonals for a while... as I agree that being in a larger guild makes it impossible to participate in these events.

Instead of individual tkp and cooldowns why not use a system already in place for them.

The quest titans are a perfect example of how to make titans available to hunt by individuals.

Make the seasonals quest linked where you have to kill it say 5000 times to complete the quest. Completing the quest gives the reward as the drop.

This makes no need for a cool down as once you complete the quest you can not get another drop.

No need for guilds to track tkp for a year in between events either.

#38 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 18:27

I have hoped something would be done about seasonals for a while... as I agree that being in a larger guild makes it impossible to participate in these events.

Instead of individual tkp and cooldowns why not use a system already in place for them.

The quest titans are a perfect example of how to make titans available to hunt by individuals.

Make the seasonals quest linked where you have to kill it say 5000 times to complete the quest. Completing the quest gives the reward as the drop.

This makes no need for a cool down as once you complete the quest you can not get another drop.

No need for guilds to track tkp for a year in between events either.

This I could agree with.... however, it will definitely severely devalue said epics, making them no longer rare.  Kinda takes the "special" away.

Maybe to make things more fair, CD for seasonals only should be reduced, since they are only available for a limited time, and have been known to have dead spawn times... (Chewy has a chart for this, I believe).  That would level the playing field somewhat without devaluing them too much, no?

Edited by BadPenny, 11 July 2017 - 18:42.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#39 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 18:31

if it were not for these 2 "coincidences" then I would not have been able to hunt a single Seasonal Titan in the last 3 years due to being in a big guild !!!

IMO Events should NOT exclude any players, EVERYONE should be able to partake like in any Event so far (Globals, LEs, Caves, XP, ….) EVEN the PvP Event (Seasons) lets you hit guild mates !!!

Currently me & everyone who is in an “average – big “ guild hardly have any chance to participate in the Titan Event at all !!! :(

Sorry but using a big guild as an excuse sounds really sad. If you want to hunt titans and you cannot because of being in a big guild, then switch to a smaller one. You already have loads of advantages by being in a big guild. 

I vote no, regardless. TKP should be awarded to a guild, not players personally. Teamplay is better than making this game even more individual.

#40 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 18:57

This I could agree with.... however, it will definitely severely devalue said epics, making them no longer rare.  Kinda takes the "special" away.

Maybe to make things more fair, CD for seasonals only should be reduced, since they are only available for a limited time, and have been known to have dead spawn times... (Chewy has a chart for this, I believe).  That would level the playing field somewhat without devaluing them too much, no?

If the quest took 5000 kills to complete it would actually take more kills per drop/item. Since there would be no bonuses applied for place, thus slightly less drops per season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: