31 replies to this topic

#21 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 00:02

pvp threads do have some good to them...they wake up the forums :)

#22 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 00:05

Just you. What's "alarming" is the "apparent" lack of info from their Guild leaders about how to deal with it if they are actually, for some reason I fail to fathom, concerned about it. I'm still wondering why Natalie isn't buffed with Honor, but hey... she didn't want advice.

Seriously? lmao. 

To "try" and keep this on topic. There are reasons players are hit. We (and yes, I just said "we") may not agree with some of those reasons, but they are perfectly acceptable according to HCS policy on Fallen Sword.

Yes seriously all that it took it to stop was one message to their various founders asking if this was a personal issue lol... It didn't necessarily stop 100% but through uses of proper diplomacy it definitely cut it does at least 50% :).

#23 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 00:25

Yes seriously all that it took it to stop was one message to their various founders asking if this was a personal issue lol... It didn't necessarily stop 100% but through uses of proper diplomacy it definitely cut it does at least 50% :).

Excellent. Not too sure if we're going off topic on Nat's idea since she didn't ask for advice, but that used to be the biggie "back in the grandpa day". Heck, I was put on trial by a guild my first year in game. I "think" diplomacy still exists in game, like in the case you just said. It's just a bit "different".

Those that work it, I applaud because I believe it "should" be the norm. No need for restricting levels on PvP though. The sooner one learns how to work out "issues", the better.

#24 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 00:27

I was worried that I would be sub-leveling.  That would mean I was of no use to my guild. 

I thank Jedi for telling me why the person is attacking.  I asked them, politely, I think.  It made no sense and they would not answer.  I think what the person is doing is kind of rotten, but it makes sense.  They are just big jerks.  I have known there were a lot of jerks since probably level 20.

I was only upset about the attacks indirectly.  I was upset that I would be of less and if enough de-leveling, no help to my guild.  That made me upset. 

Since I can get full gold, I can help my guild.  That is really all I want to do.  Like I said, this game is my social outlet.

Without getting into details, I'm skeptical about a lot of this "story" this player portrays.

If the highlighted portion is an example of how she corresponds, I'm not surprised someone has been offended and takes matters into their own hands through game means. What makes sense? What happened that is being left out?

There's two sides to the story. We've only heard one.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#25 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 00:30

Just you. What's "alarming" is the "apparent" lack of info from their Guild leaders about how to deal with it if they are actually, for some reason I fail to fathom, concerned about it. I'm still wondering why Natalie isn't buffed with Honor, but hey... she didn't want advice.

I guess it is just me. Just sad to see more players leave the game. My conclusions are purely based on the FSBox postings and PMing the said quitters. :(

#26 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 00:43

I guess it is just me. Just sad to see more players leave the game. My conclusions are purely based on the FSBox postings and PMing the said quitters. :(

I wouldn't put any credence into most, any, all FSbox postings by players stating they are leaving due to pvp. Why do that? Why not just stop playing? DRAMA.

Cheers.

wil72

#27 NatalieEGH

NatalieEGH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:20

The player attacking me has finally responded to me.

I now know why I am being constantly attacked by the player.  It is a personal attack, I did not recognize the player.  We both did (them) and said (me) things and I was actually temporarily banned for my part (I think a week, not sure, I was unable to access the internet during my ban), I do not know what actions HCS took against the other player.

Now that I know why, and it is not for xp or prestige, I kind of hope the person keeps attacking until they can find peace.  6 or 7 years is a long time to be angry, it is very bad for the soul.  I have sent him an apology but I doubt it will be accepted.  I hope they get peace.

Edited by NatalieEGH, 27 January 2016 - 07:27.

#28 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:43

There's two sides to the story. We've only heard one.

I agreeing, making judgement without knowing story from 2 sides is wrong

for natalie: I not knowing reason for attacks, it is private but I hoping he will accepting your apology

#29 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:17

Like I said, Support Ticket for the full story. The rest really is not for discussion on the forum and is NOT to become a PvP bashing thread

And was never my intention, But as a person identified in the past as a "pvper" I was expressing a view. Really am quite tired of how this game labels players, all the labels do is create division and that has created nothing of lasting significance except fewer players. People either play Fallensword or they do not. To pvp you must level to level you have some basic understanding of Buffs and Gear the game can be as complicated or simple as a person wants it to be from there.

#30 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 18:53

I just think some people have grown to be way too sensitive to pvp... For various reasons that i won't get into. It really is no big deal to get 100 stammed? But its the end of the world for most. 

#31 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 20:04

I just think some people have grown to be way too sensitive to pvp... For various reasons that i won't get into. It really is no big deal to get 100 stammed? But its the end of the world for most. 

So yeah, I'm lurking. Just lost 10 levels a few days ago. I agree with the above 110%. Losing XP means nothing.

To bring it back to the topic: I think the answers given based on the question (avoiding the issue on what was suggested to be ignored) is sufficient. 

#32 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 February 2016 - 16:57

11 hits in 24 hours with no prestige gained or gold stolen...

If that is 'just pvp' then I think something is really wrong. :(

repeated attacks only become more than PvP if there are PMs involved...

I should know :( 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: