• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 tasker

tasker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:24

There are too many new updates that have ultimately hit the AH big. The arena for example is causing a fluctuation price on all invented goods at an all time low.

#2 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:51

The Omacaz pots also hit the inventing items hard too, just need to let the dust settle after each new update.

#3 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:28

There are too many new updates that have ultimately hit the AH big. The arena for example is causing a fluctuation price on all invented goods at an all time low.

Not enough stuff from the cows -> Players complain

and now

Too much stuff from the cows -> Players complain

*shakes my head*

As Gomez said, Omacaz is probably the main cause for price crashing on invented items - that, and a diminishing player base which means folk have to undercut each other to be able to sell at all ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#4 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:44

Market prices in FS are the same as they are in your neighborhood and globally - it's all about supply & demand. It has little do to with updates directly, except when we go for long periods of time without them then we lose players (AKA Demand)

High # of active Players = High Demand ... plain, simple -- and accurate. This is the basis of economics forever and always across all realms of real and game life.

Many guilds have an overabundance of gear, much of which we paid premium prices for and now torn between getting gold or maybe 1 FSP or just fraggin it.

Sorry, but your perception of the issues is off in my opinion.

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:00

The AH isn't dying, it's just in a slump... It has happened before, it will happen again, but slumps have one thing in common, eventually, they turn back up into a spike.... Such is the way of economics, my friend

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 Rasputin

Rasputin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 17:37

When I read the title before the thread I was like what ITS DYING? So I ran to check the AH first before reading the topic and I was like huh what is he talking about? lol

Typical fluctuation with induction of new material and items. It will balance out just not overnight. But that is the excitement of the AH; the gambling one must do when he or she becomes a merchant. ;)

Rasputin17.jpg 

#7 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 17:55

So how long was it given? 1 month? 3? a year? :P

You have to remember with a low amount of players coming in and staying, all these items constantly being created or obtained its bound to happen. And really it can get better but it can also be worse. And really what is a right price for an item? 50 fsp cause that was your first sale of that specific item? 100 fsp cause you heard when it first came out the first one sold for that much? This really comes down to greed and profiting, and really its a 2 way street. While you can't sell high, others who may not have deep pockets can buy low and whats wrong with that?

#8 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 21:37

remove guild tagging that would solve the issue :)

#9 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 22:05

remove guild tagging that would solve the issue :)

LOL - yup, and would, unfortunately, kill the game.

WAY too many players these days expect guilds to supply them with EVERYTHING to play the game :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#10 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 22:13

LOL - yup, and would, unfortunately, kill the game.

WAY too many players these days expect guilds to supply them with EVERYTHING to play the game :(

sadly thats why the game is dying.. when a little effort is needed most quit because no one likes hard work now

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 22:30

I don't understand those that want a game that is so easy a mindless amoeba would be able to play if it had hands and a laptop... Most of the challenge to this game was nerfed out long ago, and now people want more?  It baffles me why anyone would want that.... Anybody care to explain?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#12 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 22:39

I don't understand those that want a game that is so easy a mindless amoeba would be able to play if it had hands and a laptop... Most of the challenge to this game was nerfed out long ago, and now people want more?  It baffles me why anyone would want that.... Anybody care to explain?

because ppl are lazy. The one thing i really enjoyed about the game was earning the gear i used, either from buying it or farming it myself. The fact you had to use your brains to build a set up that allowed you to 1 hit gave you a sense of achievement.

if you couldnt afford a le set you used common and elite or champion gear it ment not everyone had the same sets i know i used what ever i could find till lvl 120..

there was no guild tagging so it ment everyone had fsp if they worked for it, because there was a market to sell pretty much any gear not like now where you cant even sell new stuff, because within hours guilds have bought the 10 sets they will ever need for there 100 members.

#13 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 23:07

it's a kind of fallensword generational gap - a detailed explanation of which would be extremely boring

#14 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 23:10

it's a kind of fallensword generational gap - a detailed explanation of which would be extremely boring

Yes, yes it would. Rest of post has been edited out for the sake of the children.

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 24 August 2014 - 23:19.

#15 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 23:27

because ppl are lazy. The one thing i really enjoyed about the game was earning the gear i used, either from buying it or farming it myself. The fact you had to use your brains to build a set up that allowed you to 1 hit gave you a sense of achievement.

if you couldnt afford a le set you used common and elite or champion gear it ment not everyone had the same sets i know i used what ever i could find till lvl 120..

there was no guild tagging so it ment everyone had fsp if they worked for it, because there was a market to sell pretty much any gear not like now where you cant even sell new stuff, because within hours guilds have bought the 10 sets they will ever need for there 100 members.

Lazy? Aye, right. I have been so lazy in the game. Wasn't there at the start. I've had it easy. GUILD has too...... aye right.

Cheers.

wil72

#16 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 23:46

Quit sniping at each other, guys... Cant' we just get along 

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#17 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 00:08

I'm not sniping, I'm about to take a 12 bore out here. :P

Cheers.

wil72

#18 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 00:14

sadly thats why the game is dying.. when a little effort is needed most quit because no one likes hard work now

Really?

Cheers.

wil72

#19 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 00:20

Really?

Cheers.

wil72

Lazy? Aye, right. I have been so lazy in the game. Wasn't there at the start. I've had it easy. GUILD has too...... aye right.

Cheers.

wil72

was the post i made a reply to anything you said nope so why you trying to take it personal quit trolling

#20 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 00:22

i wasnt sniping at anyone simply replying to your post with my opinon but does seem some take things said in general very personal does make you think why

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: