Photo

Make Solo or Duo Dungeons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
99 replies to this topic

Poll: Make Solo or Duo Dungeons (143 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we have Solo or Duo dungeons to help people get gear due to decreased ability to find groups

1. Yes (101 votes [70.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.14%

2. No (40 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

3. Does not matter. (3 votes [2.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 22:16

I know there has been others to discuss this.

I posted this in the suggestions forum but would like to see a Poll on this as well.

http://forums.hunted...showtopic=64032

that post can be closed and we can see what people think here I guess.

Please respond how you feel either way. Thanks

Edited by zargon, 03 April 2014 - 22:42.

#2 Perfikt

Perfikt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 22:30

Your options are a little biased. Simple yes/no/don't care would be better if you want a valid result.

#3 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 22:36

In the best interest of getting results, I have made changes to the title to be as Perfikt requested

But now I would like to give my opinion on this. The game will not lose players or player interest if solo and duo dungeons are added. They will and have lost people that have gotten frustrated at not finding groups and have decided to leave. I would prefer to look at ways to help bring more people to the game and I am sure HCS would want the same. This game went from MMO game of the year to nearly nothing in a short time. If we do nothing, then HCS will just shut the doors on it. Why maintain these servers when the game does not bring in enough revenue ?

Edited by zargon, 03 April 2014 - 23:54.

#4 Perfikt

Perfikt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 23:57

Just want to let you know I wasn't trying to be a jerk. My input was purely in the interest of science.

For science!

#5 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 00:06

I knew that ;) And I may have come off as bias without really intending. Very possible when I look back at it. But I what I really want is feedback from everyone regardless of the outcome. If I am part of a small minority here, then I accept that. It's really  about what everyone wants.  Thanks for the feedback. :)

#6 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 00:53

I'm usually a solo player, don't really like people taking my loot ain't cool.I would like to farm dungeons at MY LEVEL by myself and sell the loot to other players to make my self stronger.This gives a whole new play style for a variety of people.Not just the WoW raid dungeons type of people.That is my honest opinion. ;)

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#7 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:40

I voted for "yes."

We don't have a big population of players around the clock so it's difficult for both low and higher leveled players to find enough people for a dungeon. I know that there are higher lvl players who will help new players run boondocks and vault but I feel that it's frustrating to have to wait and hope that someone will help.

I'm also more of a solo player now since only a few of my friends still play Eldevin so it'd be nice if I could run dungeons by myself or with just one other person.

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#8 Dave

Dave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:12

Only people having problems finding dung are way behind the curve, if your leveling up with the majority you will have no problems.

#9 LittleJack

LittleJack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:44

I voted yes. But I don't feel I absolutely need a dungeon set, and if there were special crafted sets as a few have suggested at the same levels it would be perfect. They could of course have lower stats then the dungeon sets.

#10 Praetor

Praetor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 13:53

What I think is this: no way can someone earn gear by running solo dungeons. The purpose of MMO versus simple RPG is social and groups.

However I am aware of, and personally experience, being unable to sometimes find groups for dungeons. The difficulties are twofold: [a] low player population and [b] so many 40's who already have full TR gear and will now be primarily focused on level 41-45 content.

Solutions:

• Create mentoring feature where higher level can register as a "mentor" for a lower level group and receive one higher level relic for the run. For example, a level 39 or 39+ player might receive one Jungle relic for leading a group through Vault, Ohdar, SV, or GC. Likewise a level 34 or 34+ could receive one ToC relic for same. Note that mentor feature would not be available for solo running of Boondocks or Vault.

• Active marketing and advertising campaign now that level 45 level cap content is released by Cow. This would be targeted to expand player population.

Edited by Praetor, 04 April 2014 - 13:54.

#11 djinmo

djinmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 April 2014 - 14:09

I voted yes in this poll because I prefer solo playing ;)

Fallen Sword, Legacy Online, Sigmastorm, Gothador

djinmo

Eldevin :  dale,dann,russ,djinmo&bently

#12 kidref

kidref

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 14:49

It be more fun and more loot if it only are 2 :)

#13 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 15:07

I voted yes, because I think solo-content is almost non-existing. Maybe we could an sort of valor-system for those who run lower level dungeons (with a loss??). Whenever I run an boondooks or an level 5 dungeon for a new player it actually cost me more gold in repairs then the loot is worth. I am doing that to help players not because of the meager loot I might get. But when you get into the higher dungeons you are starting to need an full team... and then things start being ugly... Dieing in Vault with level 40 gear because something goes wrong is expensive :(

#14 Pyrostormz

Pyrostormz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 16:08

i prefer having the option to run things solo.

In a game i used to play, certain dungeons had solo and group options.

the solo dungeon was easy enough for a decently geared player, but the drop rates were considerably poorer then then group version, which was much for difficult, but had better drops.

i sort of gives you the option to go either way based on group availability, and what you fell like doing 

#15 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 17:41

Nice feedback so far and many trains of thought both ways. I am in favor of the new dungeons and I have some additional thoughts, some I've said in suggestions but since this is where it's at now, I'll post here:

I love the idea of a new and inferior sets. This could be a 4 piece set and 'drop only' in solo and duo. You still would get rewarded with relics and dailies for each of these but at a fractional amount. This would mean than those running in their regular group runs may come over to get their dailies and maybe meet someone who normally cannot find a group run. I think this would be helpful for those who struggle to get introduced to the benefits of group runs. Others who prefer to be solo only, can just do solo runs. Duo runs will start you out teaming up with other people.

Here is what I had come up with for rewards: (just an example. I use TR runs because I don't recall the rewards from the previous dungeons)

For  TR runs - modified slightly

Solo runs get 2 relics and 1/5 the drops, experience and daily rewards of a group run.

Duo runs get 3 relics and 1/3 the drops, experience and daily rewards of a group run.

Group runs get 6 relics and same drops as now (or slightly higher)

This is just an example. Can be done differently.

Edited by zargon, 04 April 2014 - 17:59.

#16 SirPeter

SirPeter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 19:36

i think like Preator,thats JRPG's and MMORPG's

each has its own playstyle

this is a mmo and so it should be possible,to get a group,but i passed 15,20 and are now 25 without had a chance to get groups since vault

othar is past without 1 run and now i seek group for GC but it seems all to busy getting 45 or fear the high ress coasts

the mentor idea should help IMHO

SirPeter, Warrior, 49 + Aradetan,Archer, 41 + Lil SirPeter,Noob,10

SirPeter's Stats:

Gathering:

Crystal Cutting: 49 | Fishing: 48 | Forestry: 49| Skinning:49 | Farming: 49 Foraging:  49| Prospecting:  49

Crafting:

Alchemy:  32  Cooking: 49 | Leatherworking: 26 | Weaponsmithing:  49 | Armorsmithing: 26 | Jewelry: 16 Tailoring:  10

#17 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 20:02

I wouldnt mind solo dungeons but they could not be less then 70% of the mobs we see on the normal ones, the bosses would need to be mostly equal, because of it were less it would fell like an offline game, non social wich is not the reason why i came to play eldevin, is because  like the cooperation  beetween players and that is what a online multiplayer is,

if the difficulty would be reduced too much then everyone would solo, and i say solo since you can duo normal dungeons anytime

This solo instances  would need to be not much diferent then normal dungeons or you would just need to run 5times more then normal, if the difficulty was reduced too much.

Drop rate would need to be greatlly lessened like one drop per boss.

Its my oppinion and dont bash it , argue with class, and state your oppinions, if you dont like mine dont read.

Edited by Susej, 04 April 2014 - 20:03.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#18 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 20:42

Its my oppinion and dont bash it , argue with class, and state your oppinions, if you dont like mine dont read.

Susej, I have total respect for all trains of thought and believe that the higher feedback we have, the better (regardless of which way you lean on this matter). I myself expected a large variety of thoughts and opinions. Please keep the posts coming and encourage others to vote, whichever way they believe. The more votes, then the better idea we will have on how the community feels as a whole.

Edited by zargon, 04 April 2014 - 20:48.

#19 Allwynd0101

Allwynd0101

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 21:04

#20 zargon

zargon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:17

Trying to get the word out more in game for more people to vote. If you vote and have friends that might want to vote, please let them know - thanks

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: