Photo

Buff Market Mini-Revamp

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Buff Market Mini-Revamp (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we need this ?

1. Yes !! (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. No... (5 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

3. I like cookies (yes !!) (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Tartarus1

Tartarus1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:10

There's nothing wrong with how the current "Buff Market" works atm but I feel that there still room for improvement to make it even better then what it is.

Here is how I like to envision how the new "Buff Market" layout would look like :

3 separate links for "Featured Buff" "Basic Buff" "Hi-Buff" in the Buff Market page.

Featured Buff

This page is self explanatory and work the same way as the current featured buff on the left side of the buff market works.

The only different here is that the cap limit for how much featured buffs can be displayed is increased so other people can get featured

Basic Buff

This page works the same way as current buff market page with exception of few minor changes :

1- Only buff level 175 & below shows up on this page.

2- FSP Buff on left side (where the featured is in our current buff market) while gold buff on the right side.

3- Increase the cap limit of displayable buffs

4- Multiple search result based on buff desired and not what players can offer.

NOTES : On point #4 whenever we search for more then one buff we almost 98% of the times don't get the result of the search we want because players do not offer the result we are searching for. For example :

I'm searching for buff A/B/C/D/E/F together, but the search result give me zero result cause no players has all these buffs on single offer they give. So rather then going for player offer the search result should go based on how many people has these buff and display the result (similar to how we search for single buff).

Hi Buff

This page is the same as "Basic Buff" except it's for Level +175 buffs (a.k.a level +190 buffs)

Edited by Tartarus1, 20 August 2019 - 22:24.

#2 Rigger

Rigger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 14:28

In theory I like the idea, I like to buy from certain buffers sometimes and its annoying to have to search them up by the buffs. However I voted No because we don't NEED this. And there are a lot of other things we NEED that I would rather have them work on first.

#3 Tartarus1

Tartarus1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 15:31

Never said this has to be 1st priority :) , all my suggestion are meant for future updates.

#4 FrankPeat

FrankPeat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 16:12

We have already been told favorite buffer won't happen as much that I would like to be able to use the same person I asked BG about it he told me not going to happen.

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 August 2019 - 21:03

I voted no, and this is why:

Although being able to look up my favorite buffer would be extremely convenient, I think it would defeat the purpose of the buff market in the first place.  The buff market was supposed to streamline the buff purchasing progress, and to give a fair market opportunity to all.  Although some of us still post messages in the FSBox and/or ShoutBox  announcing that our buff are on sale, it eliminates the need to spend a dot to let the whole community know. 

As it is now, the Market allows us to set competitive prices on specific packages as well as on individual buffs.  One's success merely depends on how well you know your buffs and what they do, and knowing what the current value is for some.  Gone are the days of having to spend 5 dots for SSI, for example, when you can buy it from another player for a handful of gold.  You can easily find the cheapest buff by searching that buff, without having to check if Player A or Player B is online, has stam or is even in "buff mode".  And if you do have a "favorite buffer", if they're selling, their buff(s) will appear on the list.....

Granted, there are times a specific buff is unavailable during a buff search, but having your favorite buffer there wouldn't change that much, tbh.  If you do have a buffer you'd prefer above all others, you can still send a PM requesting buffs like we did in the old days. 

I'm unsure as to why the cows chose to make the buff search by buff only, as I was out of pocket when the Buff Market was introduced, but I imagine the general idea was to ensure a free market and prevent monopolies for specific higher level buffs, especially the newer ones that are nearer to EoC.

Edited by BadPenny, 20 August 2019 - 21:08.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 Tartarus1

Tartarus1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 22:17

OK guys after all the input you guys gave me it's clear the favorite buffer suggestion is a no-no.

So I scrapped the idea and made some tweaking to the original suggestion.

How is the new idea look ?

Edited by Tartarus1, 20 August 2019 - 22:26.

#7 Tartarus1

Tartarus1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 22:27

Ofc the main reason why I made this thread is because of "Basic Buff" point #4.

#8 gapukas

gapukas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:05

Would be cool to enter a player name and see what buffs hes selling.

#9 Tartarus1

Tartarus1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 18:40

Would be cool to enter a player name and see what buffs hes selling.

That would be too much coding and not that useful.

#10 Prop

Prop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 20:00

As the occasional seller of level 192's, and I'd like to sell more often. My bugbear is the fact I have to click to get a new a page for each individual buff to set a price. I got halfway through changing them last night and was losing the will to live. Can we get a tick box thing that lets the price apply to all of those and reset the casts remaining at the same time?

I'm not looking to undercut anyone or make more gold but it would be nice to just have something a lil more functional when you 'have all the buffs' and such and are just trying to help out a bit when you feel like selling.

#11 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:34

As the occasional seller of level 192's, and I'd like to sell more often. My bugbear is the fact I have to click to get a new a page for each individual buff to set a price. I got halfway through changing them last night and was losing the will to live. Can we get a tick box thing that lets the price apply to all of those and reset the casts remaining at the same time?

I'm not looking to undercut anyone or make more gold but it would be nice to just have something a lil more functional when you 'have all the buffs' and such and are just trying to help out a bit when you feel like selling.

Definitely agree... it's a nightmare at my level, I can't imagine the tedium at or near EoC

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#12 Tartarus1

Tartarus1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 12:30

I'm not sure isf this is the answer your looking for but I made the suggestion "Hi-Buff" page so that people can search for buff level 192's only since not everyone can put out buff of that level at all times.

#13 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:08

The only ideas I liked from the original post is having more featured buyers on the page and a separate section for 192 buffers.

Edited by Windbattle, 10 June 2020 - 05:08.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: