BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,823 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2010 - 17:37

Hi there Everyone.

We have a large update today. Skill updates and Tutorial redesign.

Cyborg Skill Fix

The Port skills now work correctly with Helmet add-ons.

Purist Skill Overhaul

Telekinetic Shield
+0.15% per point Armor to Psi class armor.

Psionic Dart
Allows use of 'Psi Dart' items. Increases non-Psi pistol and rifle weapon
damage by 0.05% per point. Increases Psi weapon damage by 0.1% per point.

Attunement
Consume all Psi ammo on next round of combat to increase Attack and Damage
by +0.2% per point

Mental Strength
Create a Psi Shield which can absorb 1 hit + an additional hit for each 50
points. When the Shield is destroyed there is a 0.10% chance per point that
an additional 1 - 2 points of Psi Energy is harvested from the Entity.
(Note: Can only absorb maximum of 1 hit and 10% damage from Elites and
Hunter-Killers. Will only activate when using a Psi Weapon. Does not work in
PvP)

Psionic Bolt
Allows use of 'Psi Bolt' items. +0.3% chance per point that your current Skill Power will be added to your damage stat.

Imbue
After a Critical when using a melee Weapon, there is a 0.2% chance per point that the weapons Attack is increased by 10% for the rest of the Combat. This effect can only happen once in a combat.

Psionic Missile
Allows use of 'Psi Missile' items. Psi Spears also gain a 0.20% per point chance that +0.1% additional attack per point in Psionic Dart and +0.1% additional damage per point in Psionic Bolt.

Tutorial

The Tutorial has been updated with the Initialise realms having been condensed into one Realm, VR Training Zone.

There is now the option to not do the Tutorial (though you can come back to do it later if you wish) and instead the first 5 levels by Leveling through 5 new Realms.

- New Area 'Memory Core'.
- New Area 'Inner Sub Routines'.
- New Area 'Main Data Storage'.
- New Area 'Info Throughput Hub'.
- New Area 'Unit Mind Download Hub'.
- New Area 'VR Training Zone'.

- 1 New Portal.

- 5 New Shop Locations.

- New Mission 'System Start Up'.
- New Mission 'Trojan Purge'.
- New Mission 'Collator Malfunction'.

~ The Sigmastorm 2 Team

#2 supermum

supermum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 17:39

And game is down due to this I assume ?

also the new missions, are they at low levels then ? Do they add skill points or xp etc ?
and can we all go back to do thise if we chose to do so later ?

#3 ss_thedawg

ss_thedawg
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 17:42

And game is down due to this I assume ?

also the new missions, are they at low levels then ? Do they add skill points or xp etc ?
and can we all go back to do thise if we chose to do so later ?

You beat me to it mum.. just what I was going to ask 8-)

#4 Zaelin

Zaelin

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 17:43

The missions won't give skill points, to keep it fair.

#5 ecolitan

ecolitan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 17:43

I'm confuzzled....

Did MS get stronger against HK or is it just worded in a confusing way. From reading it MS now works for 1 hit AND 10% damage against an HK. Or is it 1 hit against an Elite and 10% damage against an HK?

#6 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 17:49

Mental Strength
Create a Psi Shield which can absorb 1 hit + an additional hit for each 50
points. When the Shield is destroyed there is a 0.10% chance per point that
an additional 1 - 2 points of Psi Energy is harvested from the Entity.
PvP)

Now if I understand this tweak correctly then to be able to use the MS skill a purist will have to put pts in the skills to allow the purist to use PSI weapons. I totally disagree with this tweak. I have never put points in the skills to be able to equip the PSI weapon. I can understand that you do not want the MS to work on the HK but I do remember HCS stating that the MS skill will still work on the Elites. I do not see a reason why you are forcing the Purist to now have to do a reset to be able to put pts in the skills to use PSI weapons. I do not like this tweak one bit. I would settle for allow the MS to take 1 hit but to force us to use a weapon for the MS to be able to be used is going backwards. Please do not do this to us.

edit: I am talking about the elite.

#7 ss_nutkar97

ss_nutkar97
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 17:53

Nice... guess i'll have to go back to get all the missions done at some point :P

Good oppurtunity to meet some new players :P

#8 ss_sirona

ss_sirona
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 17:56

I don't get the new MS description either but I think now the purists have some skills to boost their damage like the overload skill we cyborgs have. In my opinion, the elites/HK should still be soloable for the purists if they have 1 HP in their MS and have a large damage boost when using Attunement (which works on total damage as i understand) for example.
In either case, at least for the purists who are used to using Psi weapons/ammo, I think it will be a better game play as they will also have "some" sort of damage/attack boosts.
I'd like to see more purist feedback though as I'm not a purist and I don't get how MS works now. :)

Also, BG, are we getting a portal soon (to level 206)?

#9 acvila

acvila

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 18:00

what in the hell? i use PSI weapon and no MS activation vs elites. guys, you really destroyed the GAME with this update.

#10 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 18:11

5 new Realms.

- New Area 'Memory Core'.
- New Area 'Inner Sub Routines'.
- New Area 'Main Data Storage'.
- New Area 'Info Throughput Hub'.
- New Area 'Unit Mind Download Hub'.
- New Area 'VR Training Zone'.

~ The Sigmastorm 2 Team

Besides getting here by portal, what existing area does the last realm enter into?

#11 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 18:11

It will later today before I can test the MS tweak. Last night I was using the L200 class set and it was FE. I have evolve pts in attack and damage. I do not have pts in armor, defense or HP. Last night I could 1 hit the L200 elite. But if I killed a reg critter or 1 elite my MS would kick in on the 2nd elite because my gear was not fully repaired. I do not use a PSI weapon.

Perhaps I have misread what the tweak was but from my understanding it is that the Purist must now use a PSI weapon for the MS skill to be activate on the elite. This has my Purist in the faction in an uproar and I am one of them. :evil:

#12 EdTheHead

EdTheHead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 18:27

Mental Strength
PvP)

My Interpretation: Sounds like if you get hit 2 times your dead and you need to have enough HP to cover 90% of it's damage when it hits you.

#13 ss_tscmage

ss_tscmage
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 18:28

Are we sure MS is even working at this point? I cast it on myself and it's not absorbing any hits anymore. I've tried it with a Psi weapon and a core weapon. I died both times.

#14 vastilos

vastilos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • Canada

Posted 24 February 2010 - 18:33

you should also work on fixing the auction bidding so if someone is outbid on an item, the gold is returned to them after they were over bidded, instead of waiting for the auction to expire to get back what gold you used to bid on that specific item.

#15 ss_sailor

ss_sailor
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 18:34

The more I think about this the more I am against this MS tweak. It takes the purist at least 20 energy to kill 20 critters to build 20 PSI. If you use Int you only need 7 but you are still using 21 energy. So lets say the Purist equips the PSI weapon and hits an elite and now that shield is now destroyed. A new shield will have to be put up. Instead of getting 3 shields for the 20 plus energy we only get one. Now we have to go kill more critters to get a new shield and another 20 plus energy. Why will the Purist have to spend extra energy to be able to kill the elite when other classes do not?

What this is forcing the Purist to do is to use squads to kill the elites and this has put the Purist at a disadvantage compared to the other classes.

I don’t know if HCS has really thought this thru. Is it the intent of HCS to now punish the Purists?

#16 bengiz786

bengiz786

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 18:39

BUG! -------MS NOT WORKING AT ALL

#17 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 18:42

Could you guys wait until MS is restored to at least work against regular creatures so that we can test it out? No need to flame that early..

#18 ss_nutkar97

ss_nutkar97
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 18:49

...5 levels every 1-2 months...

Can I just point out that the last 2 content releases have only taken 2 weeks or less!!!

This is a huge effort from the cows on this note, and to have updates as well...

PLEASE: Lay off the cows a little, they have a job to do, and don't need all this abuse!

I'm sure they would be able to work even faster if they didnt have there backs against a wall all the time!

#19 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 18:51

...5 levels every 1-2 months...

Can I just point out that the last 2 content releases have only taken 2 weeks or less!!!

This is a huge effort from the cows on this note, and to have updates as well...

PLEASE: Lay off the cows a little, they have a job to do, and don't need all this abuse!

I'm sure they would be able to work even faster if they didnt have there backs against a wall all the time!

Hey, whats that quote from???? I never said that!!!

#20 ss_nutkar97

ss_nutkar97
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 18:52

The more I think about this the more I am against this MS tweak. It takes the purist at least 20 energy to kill 20 critters to build 20 PSI. If you use Int you only need 7 but you are still using 21 energy. So lets say the Purist equips the PSI weapon and hits an elite and now that shield is now destroyed. A new shield will have to be put up. Instead of getting 3 shields for the 20 plus energy we only get one. Now we have to go kill more critters to get a new shield and another 20 plus energy. Why will the Purist have to spend extra energy to be able to kill the elite when other classes do not?

What this is forcing the Purist to do is to use squads to kill the elites and this has put the Purist at a disadvantage compared to the other classes.

I don’t know if HCS has really thought this thru. Is it the intent of HCS to now punish the Purists?

Excuse me....

I, as a mutant have to squad attack elites...

I dont mind this at all.

Elites and HK's arent exactly supposed to be solo-able.

Update is good in my opinion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: