#21 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 20 January 2017 - 20:29

Comparing chests to titans is like comparing apples to fish sticks. Different categories. Titans are there for all to see... Chests are treasure and by definition rare. Please don't make them common and worthless.....

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#22 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 January 2017 - 20:34

It would be nice to have a chance at finding chests on your own. I feel many are immediately FLAMING the OP because they typically buy locations and don't want any disruption to the status quo.

#23 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 January 2017 - 21:06

It would be nice to have a chance at finding chests on your own. I feel many are immediately FLAMING the OP because they typically buy locations and don't want any disruption to the status quo.

I know you said MANY and not ALL, but I've never bought a chest location, and I still think dumbing it down, by adding buffs and/or map indicators to help locate chests would be a mistake ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#24 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 16:10

i think that at the very least hcs could make the chest icon pop - as it is its dull and not extremely noticeble - maybe make it bright red or something like how se's are purple 

#25 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 16:20

make a buff simalar to vison ie only works on a few surrounding squares that will show up a chest if there is one saves you scanning the whole map you could grid walk it you still have to search just not to the extent as you would.... personally i dont care but this idea is at least a meet in the middle idea ... if its already been suggested sorry i couldnt be bothered reading the thread if i am being honest

#26 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 18:41

make a buff simalar to vison ie only works on a few surrounding squares that will show up a chest if there is one saves you scanning the whole map you could grid walk it you still have to search just not to the extent as you would.... personally i dont care but this idea is at least a meet in the middle idea ... if its already been suggested sorry i couldnt be bothered reading the thread if i am being honest

Did I dream it, or wasn't there a similar buff for se's in the olden days that was scrapped?

Edited by BadPenny, 22 January 2017 - 06:49.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#27 ironcire

ironcire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:06

Matt is onto something... I came to the forums to write a new post(but he has already mentioned it) about changing the icon color for chests to make them stand out more when searching, similar to how SE's are Bright Blue/Purple. I know this seems to trivial, but with the value that these treasure chest items are going for, and how rare it is to find them, they need to be color coded with a Bright, eye-catching color... Maybe bright green? This would help so much and keep our eyes from having to read every creature on every space to make sure we arent missing anything. This should have been instituted when chests were first introduced, im my opinion. 

#28 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:25

i think that at the very least hcs could make the chest icon pop - as it is its dull and not extremely noticeble - maybe make it bright red or something like how se's are purple 

Now THIS is a good idea :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#29 SirAdmiral

SirAdmiral

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 13:33

Good heavens no - what's next ? - a flashing icon on the map showing you where the chest is ? - and then, after that, the chest automatically opening if you go onto the right map ?

They're fine as they are

I think a buff to help locate chests COULD be interesting. It could come from potions that are bought with loyalty tokens or gold or whatever. 

• Level 50 - Alerted to the presence of a chest on the map upon entering. ("There is a chest somewhere in the area!")
  • Level 100 - Alerted to the presence of a chest on the map upon a refresh. ("Someone has recently hidden a chest somewhere in the area!")
  • Level 150 - Alerted to the presence of a chest on the map as you cross over its exact location while auto-moving. ("You stumbled upon a patch of disturbed earth.")
  • Level 200 - Alerted to the presence of a chest on the map as you walk or auto-move near its exact location(3-5 tiles). ("You sense that someone may have hidden a chest nearby.")

Edited by SirAdmiral, 22 January 2017 - 13:37.

#30 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 23:31

Might as well do the same for SE's...... Some have many spawning realms scattered hither and yon, but only actually spawn in 2 or 3 at any given time. I know it would make them easier to find, but the game is already prerty easy. We all wear tried and true battle tested gear to one hit (at least up to my level), and we have those super buffs to make this even easier. Hunting chests and SE's are about the only true challenges left in the game. Do we really want to eliminate them? Seems pretty boring if you ask me, but I'm a little weird, I'll admit.

However, a special icon to designate them as a chest would be a good thing. I almost missed the 2 I tripped over, iirc, because they were kinda plain and ordinary looking things.

Edited by BadPenny, 22 January 2017 - 23:32.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#31 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:56

I could see this being something we could do but other than that, Chest Hunting is just fine as it is.

~ Grim

#32 eagleeyezz

eagleeyezz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 17:02

I could see this being something we could do but other than that, Chest Hunting is just fine as it is.

~ Grim

10k stam and LF1150 last week with over 120 realms searched, 10k stam and LF used today with over 120 realms searched and got 1 chest with a pot ill probably bin, unless you are really lucky or pay over the nose for locations its a bit of a daunting task i think. but changing the color of the icon is a must they are easily missed. 

#33 eagleeyezz

eagleeyezz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 17:18

on another note, i know the amount of chests in the game are a big secret but when more and more content gets added to the game does more chests also get added to keep the ratio about the same?

also am i right in saying chests always appear on top of all creatures?

#34 Jinan

Jinan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 18:02

If things are like this, then it would take just 1 stam per map with teleport.. and a group of 5 people (maybe from a same guild) could divide all the maps into 5 ranges, and search all the maps in the game in 1-2 hrs. Then what about the remaining players? lol

#35 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 21:59

what wrong with players wanting everything keep getting easy, what we having now is good, it taking time and stamina finding chests and making chests rare and having value, that very good and need staying

not needing new skill for making it find very easy chests or 1 player can using teleport and new skill finding all chests from 1 to 3200, that crazy

#36 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2017 - 23:42

The idea about the new icon that stands out more is good. That's the only good idea I've seen in this thread however. (IMO)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#37 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 00:40

Good idea, as they look like normal creatures and can easily go unnoticed.

Edited by Maj, 24 January 2017 - 00:40.

#38 matt2269f

matt2269f

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:18

i dont see making a more noticible  icon being a too difficult coding as the basic coding is already there for other items 

#39 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 February 2017 - 22:47

~ Grim

I'm behind this as the only change as well. The more I think about it the less I like the idea of making chests easier to detect beyond a gfx change (like SEs). If SEs were ever made easier to detect I would be VERY disappointed. I could have done several hunts with the amount of stam I've blown finding SEs, and I'm sure chest hunters feel the same way.

It's one thing to make content faster to get through, but making SEs and chests easy to find (which basically defeats the whole point of searching and finding them, especially SEs which are exclusive to a handful of maps) is bad in the long run for the game.

Some items should be by nature difficult to get and notably more expensive than others. This notion of making them easy to know they are on a map, and track down easier than an SE is bad for the game imo, as it would be a green light for those of us with a lot of stam to blow sitting at EOC a green light to take advantage and make a ton of FSP off a game change, then causing the prices to plummet rapidly, further lessening the rewards for those lucky enough to find them.

Treasure chests aren't a guaranteed perk for hunting for them, why are we seeking to essentially make them one? I can go metal detecting, doesn't mean I should find a civil war era gold piece.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#40 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:07

i dont see making a more noticible  icon being a too difficult coding as the basic coding is already there for other items 

There's no coding involved. It's just simply replacing the "icon_action_crate.gif" icon_action_crate.gif in the image server with a modified one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: