Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:16

I know it was removed for a reason as I was with the many that called for it, but could we get Group queuing back? It would need to be separate from solo queueing. Would it be easy to add, or take lots of work?

At the moment, most matches are decided by what the luck of draw groups us as, due to imbalance in classes. I know there will never be perfect balance, that is impossible in most games so why not let us balance our own teams for some pvp fun? I am sure the community would swap around players too, just to get some variation and fair fights going on.

The solo queue system would still be used, maybe even more so for those learning the ropes as they will not be up against the long term pvp players all the time.

Example (for those who know these players kinda build)

Team A:

Zook

Dasan

Slip

Flash

Team B:

Lahara

ernz

Reine

Doja

The above example would at least be fun and both teams could certainly have a good chance of coming away with a win.

(note I put Reine with Lahara, or she would beat me up)

Edited by Mongo, 07 November 2014 - 01:16.

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#2 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:34

Pre made group PvP's were the best PvPs! If it is separate, this would be awesome!

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#3 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge
  • Sweden

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:25

(note I put Reine with Lahara, or she would beat me up)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#4 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2014 - 19:39

Also I was just in queue for pvp and ended up in a match with a player on my ignore list who stalked me, I do not want to interact with certain people in this game if I am on their pvp team.. or not. 

Another benefit of pvp queueing would mean I can have fun with my friends, and avoid those I want nothing to do with.  :)

Edited by Mongo, 17 November 2014 - 17:13.

#5 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 November 2014 - 19:48

I did group pvp with guthix, chelsea, and company in TA and that was fun. I agree; group pvp should be an option. I'm sure those who pvp can sort their own groups for even-ness and go from there.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#6 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 14:48

If a group might come against a non-group the match wouldn't be fair nor fun... I hope that would be impossible with the system your suggesting

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#7 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 15:33

If a group might come against a non-group the match wouldn't be fair nor fun... I hope that would be impossible with the system your suggesting

A group could only go against a group both already pre prepared

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#8 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2014 - 18:14

Yeah, as I stated in OP it would need to be separate from solo queueing so don't worry EJK.  :)

#9 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2014 - 22:07

Please bring this back, chucking a a level 10 in with a bunch of uber geared 45's is not a good way to introduce them to PvP and it makes most of the matches we get to play in, a joke.

Group PvP please! If you can not fix all balance and randomness problems, then at least let us attempt to fix them ourselves, by making our own group match ups.

#10 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 17 November 2014 - 22:42

90% of the code should still be there from last time it was there. just make it a separate queue

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

#11 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:32

agree with adding group quere - Key mean's spareted from Solo Quere.

Solo Option Grouped with 8 random people

Group Quere, Put in 10 vs 10 Premade or Group PvP

Option Quere solo put in with random people of up to 8

Group Quere rq full team of 5 2 group's Quere set up in 10 v 10.

With this open random to premade group's limited potional power hosue group's joining.

Lahara - Inblance most team's right now.

John - Nice dps

ernzor handle him self well

Reinedor - Nice Ranger

few other's that can easy be game changer mostly Lahara build - healer factor for most radom match;s

Lvl 45 healer usly out heal my pitfull DPS if lucky with slince if not long cool down.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 18 November 2014 - 09:33.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#12 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2014 - 22:57

Fix this rubbish, you have huge potential with pvp for something to do at end game in Eldevin and you are letting it go to waste. :P

#13 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 November 2014 - 23:09

It is also a breeding ground for exploiting in it's current state. I am amazed how many players are doing it, players that have been around a long time and you would not expect it from... it is like everyone has accepted it and jumped on the band wagon. :wacko:

#14 Doja

Doja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 23:32

I completely agree with this post.  I advocated random teams at one point but that was under the situation where essentially formed groups could face a random group.  That simply isn't fair.

Typically, games have advanced matchmaking analysis (by rank, experience, etc.).  I understand that due to the limited population many of the ideal matchmaking formulas need to be set aside.  As it is, I have advocated for two PvP tiers.  My reason for only advocating two (and not more) is because of the limited population.

PvP can be extremely fun when the teams are fair and extremely boring when they are mismatched.  Mismatched games are also far too frequent.  Too many top players who do like PvP don't join simply because of the frequency of said games.  Allowing us to form our own teams would at least open PvP back up to players who currently are reluctant to queue.  Creating a separate queue to do so would also keep formed teams from facing random teams.

Edited by Doja, 21 November 2014 - 23:33.

Doja - Level 47

Spellthor - Level 47

Deadeye - Level 36

Deputy_Junior - Level 26

Mike_Rotch - Level 24

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: