Photo

The Changing of The Guard. The Guards Tale.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Orcfood

Orcfood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:15

The Guards Tale

"OK move it, we got trouble down in the cloning facility."
Well we thought it would make a nice change to the routine of busting up fights between the miners and the prospecters, just a little dust up between the droids should make a pleasant end to the shift.

"What's up then sarge somebody been stealing nuts and bolts?"

"You wish, seems the last batch of droids have run amock and are destroying the facility, we gotta clean up the mess so they can start producing the new G27 units."

The Guards entered the facility and came under attack imediately.

"Struth, everything is firing at us who's friend and who's foe?"

"Just take out the sentients, try to avoid the clones and maintenance bots if you can, I'll have to report this situation and get some guidance."

Guard report: Facility is over run, do we have permission to destroy non sentient entities?

Taulin HQ: No continue to hold back hostiles until new G27 units reach you. endit.

"So what's the word sarge?"

"We hold here until the new clone units reach us"

"Oh hurra, the boys will love that, nothing like getting attacked by coffee machines and photocopiers to cheer a guy up."

"They don't have to like it, they just gotta do it. Hold the doorways to stop any more bandits entering"

For five days and six nights they fought, no relief column from the city reached them. Their dead comrades around them lying amongst the debris of the battle sapped their morale.

"Sarge we might have to give them best and pull out, tell me we're not going to have a futile last stand."

The seargant lifted his bloodied face and looked at his battered squad.

"There's nowhere to run boys we hold this ground alive or dead. I'm proud of you all and won't give you a promise I can't keep, we've no contact with the outside world, this is all we have, this is our world."

The sound of mechanical battle reached them, senses dulled they tried to pull themselves together for a bitter end to a bitter fight, their sleep deprived minds saw their enemies fall all around them, their deafened ears heard the softly spoken words, "We are the new G27 clones, stay here until we secure the area."

"Am I dreaming or am I dead, I don't think I care anymore."

#2 Orcfood

Orcfood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:48

To follow: The Clones Tale. :geek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana