145 replies to this topic

#21 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 00:44

1. Since I think the new map cannot be sped up, slow down the old map when walking multiple squares. Add a delay, like 1/2 second per square (or whatever you guys figure out the comparable time it takes to walk from one square to the next in the new map) when walking past multiple square in the old map. So like if a person enters a command to walk 10 squares on the old map, it would wait 5 seconds before displaying the world on the end square. I think this would work because walking multiple squares is only used for titan hunting. It is not used for regular hunting because you need to see and kill the monsters on each square, and it is not used for SE hunting because you need to see the monsters before walking on to the next square. It would be a minor annoyance to people just trying to walk through an area to the next area. Perhaps the delay would only be in effect if there is a titan on the map.

+1 to this if HCS still decide to keep the titans spawning in the old map

#22 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 14:06

My vote is keep old map for those players that have spent hours and hours of their gaming life getting really good at titans.

Using the new map is just point and click and very tedious and uncompetitive.

#23 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 14:16

My vote is keep old map for those players that have spent hours and hours of their gaming life getting really good at titans.

Exactly :) some players make no sense these days they want to remove stuff instead of improve what already have...

I said new map just need more advantage than old map to give slow connection player a bit of lead on titan hunting

#24 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 17 October 2012 - 14:31

Everything changes over time, adapt and overcome. As for the new map being uncompetitive, that's due to many using the old map for its incorporated lightwalk. IF the new map was the only way to hunt titans, I;m sure there would be more competitiveness. I doubt everyone would stop hunting titans ;)

#25 Saxon

Saxon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 14:56

Everything changes over time, adapt and overcome. As for the new map being uncompetitive, that's due to many using the old map for its incorporated lightwalk. IF the new map was the only way to hunt titans, I;m sure there would be more competitiveness. I doubt everyone would stop hunting titans ;)

The new map being just 'point and click' movement takes the whole titan hunting aspect away from the fast and furious key mashing of the old map.

#26 Wesleysdf

Wesleysdf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 00:15

IF the new map was the only way to hunt titans, I;m sure there would be more competitiveness. I doubt everyone would stop hunting titans ;)

I cound't agree more with you. We have a lot of good suggestions here, I hope HCS give a look and fix this aspect of the game before the wickermans event

#27 grante28

grante28

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:51

The only real way to beat the New map systems is using an unauthorized script like Lightwalk or Titanstride which have all been banned by HCS in which case they must not have a very good grip on who uses these. Therefore I also agree that we should get rid of the OLD map at least for titan hunting if not get rid of it completely!

Edited to say OLD map (thats what I mean just not what I put) :)

#28 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:44

The only real way to beat the New map systems is using an unauthorized script like Lightwalk or Titanstride which have all been banned by HCS in which case they must not have a very good grip on who uses these. Therefore I also agree that we should get rid of the new map at least for titan hunting if not get rid of it completely!

Another one doesn't know that LW script implemented to game codes :roll:

#29 grante28

grante28

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 23:10

I agree with Maehdros... Titan Hunting is supposed to be for a Guild to come together and hunt a titan, if a user can almost singleg handily secure a Titan by his/her self what is the point of it. It reminds me when HCS changed GvG to actually be a GUILD event not just one person doing GvG's by themselves. I think HCS will see titan hunting in the same way and for this reason people should not be able to use the OLD MAP for titan hunting!

#30 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 23:24

INFORMATION
You cannot move more than 1 square at a time.
Cached location is (13, 2)
Actual location is (13, 2)
Target location is (13, 2
Using old map takes 3 seconds plus to move 1 square meanwhile people are admitting they can move from one side of the map to the other in under 2 seconds using old map with quite clearly a modified lightwalk script.
How is this fair ?
Meanwhile the Cheats are prospering freely and without risk.

#31 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 October 2012 - 23:33

+1

#32 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 23:46

INFORMATION
Using old map takes 3 seconds plus to move 1 square meanwhile people are admitting they can move from one side of the map to the other in under 2 seconds using old map with quite clearly a modified lightwalk script.
How is this fair ?

Where are you getting your data? If it took someone 3 seconds to move 1 square, no one would titan hunt. Even with average Internet connections, it doesn't take anyway near that time.

There are many people that can cover the map in 2 seconds. There is skill involved when you use the old map. It is easy to go in a straight line fast. When when you factor in a windy Kraken map, a player's skill is tested. When you use the automated new map, it is a boring point and click.

Finally, how is a fast hunter a cheat?

EDIT - removed double negative

#33 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 23:55

INFORMATION
How is this fair ?

Where are you getting your data? If it took someone 3 seconds to move 1 square, no one would titan hunt. Even with average Internet connections, it doesn't take anyway near that time.

There are many people that can cover the map in 2 seconds. There is skill involved when you use the old map. It is easy to go in a straight line fast. When when you factor in a windy Kraken map, a player's skill is tested. When you use the automated new map, it is a boring point and click.

Finally, how is a fast hunter a cheat?

EDIT - removed double negative

Exactly I Take 3 seconds to move 1 square with the old map and just on one second with the new map .Why should I be discriminated against because I live Half way around the world from the servers ?
And I have the fastest internet connection That is available in my area.

#34 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2012 - 00:12

Incorrect, if it took someone 3 seconds to move a space , THAT person who moved slow would not titan hunt, or titan hunt a hell of alot less. Others who move fast obviously would continue to hunt.

I get that you like being fast and you like that advantage, good for you, time and practice has earned it ( connections as well) , thats fine. But wouldnt you want to see more out there hunting? More competition and not slow players to run rampant over?

Theres two completely different map systems which can be used for a guild activity. One is much much faster then another. That should NOT be the case. ( my opinion)

#35 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:12

i must admit that i enjoyed the thrill of titan hunting on the old map back when my computer could handle it. being rewarded for your muscle memory and reaction time was the best part...but to make this fair for the game as a whole, it would be best to move titan hunting to only the new map.

is it less competitive, AS A GUILD..no....less competitive as a player, yes.. but titan hunting was made to be a GUILD event. HCS has changed GvG so it is more of a guild involvement activity which was a great move on their part. this change is necessary to bring back the group activity of titan hunting and just activity in general.

we need to encourage changes that will slow down secures. less secures = more competition on every titan. tis something that is needed within a guild activity

#36 Bildor

Bildor

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:43

Incorrect, if it took someone 3 seconds to move a space , THAT person who moved slow would not titan hunt, or titan hunt a hell of alot less. Others who move fast obviously would continue to hunt.

I get that you like being fast and you like that advantage, good for you, time and practice has earned it ( connections as well) , thats fine. But wouldnt you want to see more out there hunting? More competition and not slow players to run rampant over?

Theres two completely different map systems which can be used for a guild activity. One is much much faster then another. That should NOT be the case. ( my opinion)

I have no issues with more titan hunters and enjoy a good challenge. My point is that the automated hunting on the new map requires no skill. It would take out the soul of titan hunting.

#37 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:57

it still requires muscle memory, accuracy, timing, and speed to be good with using the new map

#38 rhann123

rhann123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 20:07

New map need to be faster ... if its possible to move 10 squares in 1 sec on old map why that isn't possible on new map?

Super connection players vs Slow connection still not even on new map tho .. less ping will always beat high ping.

I suggest
1. Make it possible to multi click on titans without using "0" to refresh >>http://forum.fallens...hp?f=1&t=106290

2. Remove delay on killing titan on new map but keep it on old map ;) win-win for players who like old map and who like new map

Love this idea, This would literally make it about as equal as it could get between the maps.

#39 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 21:25

New map need to be faster ... if its possible to move 10 squares in 1 sec on old map why that isn't possible on new map?

Super connection players vs Slow connection still not even on new map tho .. less ping will always beat high ping.

I suggest
1. Make it possible to multi click on titans without using "0" to refresh >>http://forum.fallens...hp?f=1&t=106290

2. Remove delay on killing titan on new map but keep it on old map ;) win-win for players who like old map and who like new map

Love this idea, This would literally make it about as equal as it could get between the maps.

Yea, better to make smart steps before or instead of removing stuff as players ask...

#40 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 21:27

i don't like the idea of removing the kill delay..just opens up room for abuse like the old days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: