#41 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:23

Even if you do nothing in the Ladder and just sit there you receive tokens.

--> 

04:50 13/Sep/2014 You ranked 5th in your PvP Band! You have gained 1pvp_icon.gif

I suggest we change this.

Edit: change it to tokens being given to those who attacked.

Edited by Dulcharn, 13 September 2014 - 05:28.

#42 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2014 - 13:19

Awesome! another token for doing exactly nothing!  :D

HCS, what are your thoughts on this?

log_0.gif 10:30 14/Sep/2014 You ranked 5th in your PvP Band! You have gained 1pvp_icon.gif

#43 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2014 - 13:55

Awesome! another token for doing exactly nothing!  :D

HCS, what are your thoughts on this?

log_0.gif 10:30 14/Sep/2014 You ranked 5th in your PvP Band! You have gained 1pvp_icon.gif

Why don't you attack anyone?

#44 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 14 September 2014 - 14:04

Have the ladder work only if you initiate an attack. If you do not initiate at least 2 attacks ( per ladder combatant)  within a single ladders time frame ( 24-48 hours) you are removed from it for 48 hours.  

So, lets say there are 5 other combatants in a players ladder. That player would have to initiate an attack 10 times total, to stay  in that bracket.

Also, open up the higher brackets  up a bit more say every 200 levels. If you're active you stay on it.

BIND the rewards, BUT make them nice enough so that EVERYONE wants them. If there are plenty enough rewards to entice pvp'r and leveler alike, you'll get activity, or at least you'll get friends bashing one anothers brains out and having some fun.

Personally I miss the days of cloaking and hitting players/ friends, on an hourly basis. Some of the new buffs are the reason I don't bother with the ladder anymore, but thats another story. I still enjoy tossing 100 stams around and coming up with  cool gear combinations. Anything to get yer brain movin and groovin would be a nice addition to pvp.

Edited by Maehdros, 14 September 2014 - 14:05.

#45 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 17:21

At this stage I'm afraid that anything done to the Ladder will be incomplete, not well thought out and certainly not consulted with players. We need an interactive thread with devs asking questions about what they are leaning towards doing.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#46 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2014 - 18:07

Why don't you attack anyone?

To make the point I made.

#47 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 September 2014 - 19:09

What I want to know , Dulch, is why opt in unless you're going to attack?  Makes no sense whatsoever...

Which is why I quit an otherwise inactive ladder.... I want the old way back, tyvm

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#48 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 September 2014 - 19:54

What I want to know , Dulch, is why opt in unless you're going to attack?  Makes no sense whatsoever...

Which is why I quit an otherwise inactive ladder.... I want the old way back, tyvm

Well, firstly, I wanted to know if the inactive yet populated bands were receiving tokens for doing nothing. Then I wanted to make the point that even if you do nothing you receive tokens. Something needs to change. Suggestions have been plentiful. It's time to improve this part of the game.

#49 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:42

We can talk about Open Ladder later, that topic will never stop to come back anyway, but now we need to find the fixes Ladder needs before new rewards get implemented, some like those minor tweaks:

1 - No attack = No rewards.
- 1 or 2 attacks on each players outside your guild would be nice.

2 - Ladder cooldown.
- Maeh's idea:
"Have the ladder work only if you initiate an attack. If you do not initiate at least 2 attacks ( per ladder combatant)  within a single ladders time frame ( 24-48 hours) you are removed from it for 48 hours.  "

3 - Deflect on Ladder.
- Ideas welcome.

4 - Guildmates limit on same bracket.
- Ideas welcome.

5 - Bracket lvl 2000+ with 200 levels cap.

I really want to see everybody helping this thing, but we need Devs involved, just like Luis said.

#50 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:39

posted a dumb idea .... decided to delete it  ;)

Edited by BraveKath, 16 September 2014 - 08:53.

#51 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:43

We can talk about Open Ladder later, that topic will never stop to come back anyway, but now we need to find the fixes Ladder needs before new rewards get implemented, some like those minor tweaks:

- 1 or 2 attacks on each players outside your guild would be nice.

2 - Ladder cooldown.
- Maeh's idea:
"Have the ladder work only if you initiate an attack. If you do not initiate at least 2 attacks ( per ladder combatant)  within a single ladders time frame ( 24-48 hours) you are removed from it for 48 hours.  "

3 - Deflect on Ladder.
- Ideas welcome.

- Ideas welcome.

5 - Bracket lvl 2000+ with 200 levels cap.

I really want to see everybody helping this thing, but we need Devs involved, just like Luis said.

What Yghob has summarized based on tweaks here seems like a decent, workable plan.

Edited by BraveKath, 16 September 2014 - 08:54.

#52 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 20 September 2014 - 14:52

Ninja Bump

#53 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2014 - 15:13

- 1 or 2 attacks on each players outside your guild would be nice.- Yes

2 - Ladder cooldown.
- Maeh's idea:
"Have the ladder work only if you initiate an attack. If you do not initiate at least 2 attacks ( per ladder combatant)  within a single ladders time frame ( 24-48 hours) you are removed from it for 48 hours.  " - Yes

3 - Deflect on Ladder.
- Ideas welcome. - Get rid of it or sort the coding out as it seems to kick in for certain people far more often than others

- Ideas welcome. - Yes max 3 to stop Fake dominance and to encourage others to join ladders

5 - Bracket lvl 2000+ with 200 levels cap. - No 100 level band is fine thank you

answers or ideas in RED

#54 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 21:59

Opt 6:
- Open Ladder, without the 'Opt-In' system.
- Bounties allowed.
- Without attacks on guildmates.
- No Attack = No Tokens and no Dominance Medal ticks.

Option 6 can be good with this suggestion for new ladder system

1.  Remove the rating and start from 0

2.  Points will be obtained by using 10-100 stamina hits, maybe 1 point per 10 stamina

3.  If the defender wins an incoming attack he/she will earn 2x of normal attack points (means 2 points for incoming 10 stamina hit 4 if it was 20 stam... 20 from 100 stam)

>Optional> 2x xp loss for attacker too

4.  You gain 0.5x of normal points if the target didn't hit anyone till they hit anyone then you can get normal points from the target. (something to stop farming)

>Optional> 0.5 xp loss too

Or "Revenge Attack" instead of point #4 and this how i think it could work

-Targeted player will have option to revenge attack if they got attacked by same attacker more than once without hitting the attacker.

-Targeted player can take 2x points with 2x incoming attacks..3x with 3x incoming attacks ..4x with 4x incoming attacks...etc, so if the target getting farmed 10x times by same attacker they can take back all points by 1 revenge attack and if the target lost during a revenge attack they will lose xp equal to the stacked incoming attacks! RISK lovers do you like it ? :P

Community thoughts?

Edited by shindrak, 20 September 2014 - 22:02.

#55 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 19:46

implementing pvp ladder was mistake to begin with and if HCS need make more changes for ladder then you give them more work and they have lot of work now with fallen sword and other games

I see updates on pvp ladder and players still saying it is broken

if pvp ladder is broken then easy, get rid of ladder and give back original pvp system, problem solved :)

#56 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2014 - 13:19

Opt 6:
- Open Ladder, without the 'Opt-In' system.
- Bounties allowed.
- Without attacks on guildmates.
- No Attack = No Tokens and no Dominance Medal ticks.

The original ladder was pretty simple... all PvP attacks, on and off the board, exchanged PvP points, the victor gaining, the loser losing, obviously.  The amount of stam used had no bearing on the points exchanged, so a 10 stam hit got the same as a 100 stam.  It was more difficult to get a dominance medal then, but there weren't a lot of stagnant bands to worry about either.  It was a lot more challenging, and a lot more fun.   Personally, I think this system worked just fine, and I think it was a dumb move to change it. It would thrill me to no end to see it return to being this way, with or without rewards...

~ Just my 2 Pennys

Having spoken with Hoofmaster, we're seriously reconsidering the PvP Ladder system. We're looking to review it, possibly removing it and replacing it with the original PvP system. We think that might help. I personally think the ladder watered PvP down.

Don't make "definite" comments mate they tend to come back and bite you.

Cheers.

wil72

Option 6 can be good with this suggestion for new ladder system

1.  Remove the rating and start from 0

2.  Points will be obtained by using 10-100 stamina hits, maybe 1 point per 10 stamina

3.  If the defender wins an incoming attack he/she will earn 2x of normal attack points (means 2 points for incoming 10 stamina hit 4 if it was 20 stam... 20 from 100 stam)

These are the posts that catch my eye.

As per the Quote from myself above, Hoofmaster and I are still considering the original system with PvP rating to completely replace the Ladder. I do personally believe the Ladder has failed.

One thing we are also thinking is that XP loss from PvP would be removed. We simply believe it causes most, if not all, the issues people have with PvP. For those who inevitably cry foul at this, I ask you :

WHY is XP loss in PvP so important? What does it add? 

Keep answers civil and respectful.

#57 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 September 2014 - 13:43

so on that basis PvP would essentially be personal GvG? no thanks ;)

#58 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 13:44

These are the posts that catch my eye.

As per the Quote from myself above, Hoofmaster and I are still considering the original system with PvP rating to completely replace the Ladder. I do personally believe the Ladder has failed.

One thing we are also thinking is that XP loss from PvP would be removed. We simply believe it causes most, if not all, the issues people have with PvP. For those who inevitably cry foul at this, I ask you :

WHY is XP loss in PvP so important? What does it add? 

Keep answers civil and respectful.

XP loss is neither here nor there to me, as level doesn't convey status in the game to me... However, it does to many others and has always been a bone of contention.  To take it out of PvP entirely is a bold move.  Would this kill the bounty system?  I hope not... Would XP loss still apply on the BB?  I would hope so, it's there for punishment, is it not?  And how about prestige, will that go out the window as well?  That, at least, was a good idea in my book and I would hate to see it gone  I probably have other thoughts and questions, but I have no cream for my coffee and cannot think clearly atm.  I shall turn up again later

Edited by BadPenny, 22 September 2014 - 13:45.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#59 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2014 - 13:54

so on that basis PvP would essentially be personal GvG? no thanks ;)

Explain why XP loss is so important then?

#60 zirxa

zirxa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 September 2014 - 14:07

i have no clue whats going on to much to read any one explaiin in a very short  version?  :)

~~DARKENESS IS COMING ... RUN & HIDE OR FIGHT WITH PRIDE~~

CHARACTERS:  ZIRXA = LVL  49RANGER(back to daily's :( :angry:

life saver = LVL 9 healer

( why are there some folks that gang up on me? no need to be scared or jealous we gamers)

Check out my current auctions here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: