• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#1 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 14:24

Just throwing this out to the FS World :)

Since the evolution of composing pots( in which are great )it has unfortunately destroyed the value of the once great Arena potions. All of the Arena store items are now literally worth nothing I feel at the very least HCS can upgrade the Arena Potions to be competitive against composing Potions. The only 2 potions worth anything really are the Cloak and Brew Master pots in the Arena...besides those 2 I feel it is fair to ask for upgraded Arena Pots. ;)

Keep up the Great work HCS in improving the game we all love

Edited by Brice, 20 March 2016 - 14:25.

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2016 - 18:58

Been suggested before mate - and, like many other facets of the game, it seems that the cows just aren't listening any more :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 19:09

One of the big problems with composing... It ruined all other potions and potion making as a whole. Not even to mention how it effected the FS market as a whole... Certainly not positively. Composing didn't really take into consideration other aspects when it was introduced and quite sadly still doesn't.

Edited by EpicPiety, 20 March 2016 - 19:13.

#4 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 19:41

I'm sure it was suggested before and probably missed it in some Forum somewhere....I am a consumer of the composing pots...I feel that they were a great addition to the game...but my point is the Arena Potions used to be the "mighty" potions of the game...just would like to see them upgraded so they were close to or competitive against the composed pots :)

#5 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2016 - 19:45

I'm sure it was suggested before and probably missed it in some Forum somewhere....I am a consumer of the composing pots...I feel that they were a great addition to the game...but my point is the Arena Potions used to be the "mighty" potions of the game...just would like to see them upgraded so they were close to or competitive against the composed pots :)

They were, and they should be again. Arena potions are, for the most part, the forgotten love-child of FS lately. Heck, even ladder potions outdo arena ones now ...

A lot should be junked - esp. ones that you can buy already in the AH - new ones introduced of a commensurate level. Bring some value back to arena tokens again. Nothing too excessive, but ... something :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#6 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:20

I wonder if HCS will sell company soon and hopefully new owners will have some enthusiasm, BG must get so sick of having to say all the same replies to make up for the lackings, crowbars all round!

#7 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:45

I wonder if HCS will sell company soon and hopefully new owners will have some enthusiasm, BG must get so sick of having to say all the same replies to make up for the lackings, crowbars all round!

In all seriousness the game's far too mechanically complex for one community manager. Believe it will be a lot more forthcoming if we had 2 BG's. There are thing's that BG doesn't anticipate to do with some updates not really his fault but they are understaffed in many regards. If they had one more community manager i think there will be a lot less flaw's and more manpower for a lot of things. Maybe a FS specific developer as well that ONLY focuses on FS.

Edited by EpicPiety, 21 March 2016 - 02:47.

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:47

In all seriousness the game's far too mechanically complex for one community manager. Believe it will be a lot more forthcoming if we had 2 BG's. There are thing's that BG doesn't anticipate to do with some updates not really his fault but they are understaffed in many regards. If they had one more community manager i think there will be a lot less flaw's and more manpower for a lot of things. Maybe a FS specific developer as well that ONLY focuses on FS.

In other words, how it used to be before they diversified too much :)

Remember the xmas before this one, when Cowboy said he was taking over the programming side of things and that development / patches would come much more frequently ? - we all know how that turned out - they became even more infrequent ...

I'm sure that Hoof has a LOT on his plate atm, but, for a game of this size and complexity, one update every 2-3 weeks just isn't good enough, regardless of how much is fixed or semi-fixed in that update. Us old timers of the game are used to almost daily fixes / updates ...

Edited by Pardoux, 21 March 2016 - 03:49.

#9 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:19

In other words, how it used to be before they diversified too much :)

Remember the xmas before this one, when Cowboy said he was taking over the programming side of things and that development / patches would come much more frequently ? - we all know how that turned out - they became even more infrequent ...

I'm sure that Hoof has a LOT on his plate atm, but, for a game of this size and complexity, one update every 2-3 weeks just isn't good enough, regardless of how much is fixed or semi-fixed in that update. Us old timers of the game are used to almost daily fixes / updates ...

Completely agree... They are trying to code WAY too many things at once with not enough staff. FS is a game that requires CONSTANT attention TBH.

Edited by EpicPiety, 21 March 2016 - 04:21.

#10 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:29

With as much as everyone expects them to do, I'm  surprised they get anything done.

I guess I'm still to low a level to be bothered by how many updates and fixes they roll out.

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:47

Expecting them to fix what's broken isn't much :P. That's all we really want.

#12 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:06

I know,

Fix what's broken,  put out more content frequently, more events frequently.

Sure seems like they have a lot to do, and that doesn't take into account the other games.

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:30

I know,

Fix what's broken,  put out more content frequently, more events frequently.

Sure seems like they have a lot to do, and that doesn't take into account the other games.

Right exactly why they need a dedicated FS team :). Event's are easy to put out as well. Most of them just copy paste unless it's totally new... Generally just executing some code. Content? Meh i can care less but it's cool to have.

#14 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:22

All this is beautiful in paper, but there is something that we can't know, the income FS provides to HCS, is it worth for them to invest so much time/staff on a game that doesn't pays well? Or the game pays more than we, players, receive of attetion? 

I don't want to go too deep on this topic because everything we say will be just speculations, but that is something we need to consider before asking for more and more, and I'm not blaming anyone here, I also post ideas and demand attention, we all do.

Lets say every kind of thing bor at 1 and die at 10. 
Where FS must be now? 7? 9? 3?

#15 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:02

All this is beautiful in paper, but there is something that we can't know, the income FS provides to HCS, is it worth for them to invest so much time/staff on a game that doesn't pays well? Or the game pays more than we, players, receive of attetion? 

I don't want to go too deep on this topic because everything we say will be just speculations, but that is something we need to consider before asking for more and more, and I'm not blaming anyone here, I also post ideas and demand attention, we all do.

Lets say every kind of thing bor at 1 and die at 10. 
Where FS must be now? 7? 9? 3?

"IF" the game is approaching the end of it's financial viability, (and I really hope that it isn't ... )  then don't you think that the cows have a duty to tell us that, rather than just pulling the plug like they did with Sigma Storm II ?

• 3JS likes this

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:05

"IF" the game is approaching the end of it's financial viability, (and I really hope that it isn't ... )  then don't you think that the cows have a duty to tell us that, rather than just pulling the plug like they did with Sigma Storm II ?

Meh if they wanted to pinch pennies they would get rid of SS2 etc all together. I keep a keen eye on HCS finances via various websites and i'd say they are still fine. They make good money on their app's they release on apple/android as well. IMO i think they diversified way too much with eldevin it pulled A LOT of resources away from their primary money sources. Frankly it failed hard too because they didn't have a big enough team to develop it and constantly update with prime content. While FS dried up and suffered they had 100% attention on eldevin now that has dried up and they are back trying to water FS. Maybe the FS app will do wonder's who knows. They really need to advertise the game. Literally i wouldn't be opposed if they just had BG go around to gaming forum's making threads if it mean't less content :P. Best thing we can all do is just recruit people to the game via various forums etc... Wouldn't hurt if their was a better incentive to recruit as well. But first and foremost before recruiting the game need's to be nursed back to health. Not small changes either BIG DRASTIC CHANGES...That many people don't want to happen but need to for the sake of the game. Maybe they should try to get some partnership with Facebook? Who knows...

Twitch has been very popular and will stay popular to do with gaming... Maybe they should try to do something there as well.

https://www.twitch.t...ry/game/Eldevin

They don't have a FS option but not even 1 stream to do with eldevin or any other HCS product. 

TL:DR

fix the HCS product as a whole then advertise it... 

Fresh blood > Old blood

Edited by EpicPiety, 22 March 2016 - 06:22.

#17 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:52

The best way to make money with FS is to fix all things here, and create a Fallen Sword II, a new server, we could hate that, but that's the only way I can see new blood coming into the game...I seriously doubt we will have too much new players once someone new start and see the Top Rated players and join dates, I would not bother to play a 10 years old game...Even worse if they decide to go to the forums and see everyone complaining of lack of attetion from developers.

The income from us, old players, is not enough to sustain the game and keep a reasonable staff to work on it, just fix what is broken and create a new server with a bunch of advertising about it...That will bring new people, a lot I think, but again, that's not on my hand to decide, but at a business view, that makes sense, to harvest our knowledge about how to fix the game and use it to create a new one.

But I don't think HCS wants us to put a thumb on their business, so it's better just stop this discussion here, no profit on that subject.

#18 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,838 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2016 - 13:08

Arena potions are certainly something I can look at. Just give some suggestions.

Fallen Sword is doing just fine, that's why there IS constant work done on it. Now, stay on topic please. 

Topic : Arena potions.

#19 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 March 2016 - 13:57

Arena potions are certainly something I can look at. Just give some suggestions.

Fallen Sword is doing just fine, that's why there IS constant work done on it. Now, stay on topic please. 

Topic : Arena potions.

ok, guess that means im busted, plus side is you still have faith in team so all is good, ty BG :)

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 14:23

LF 600 -  LF 1000 pot *CHANGE*

Con 250 - Con 350 *CHANGE*

Lib 300 - Lib 350 *CHANGE*

BM 300 - BM 350 *CHANGE*

Fumble 200 potion *NEW*

Anchored 350 potion *NEW*

Stalker 350 potion *NEW*

Overkill 400 potion *NEW*

I guess match the flinch/terrorize pots with composing flinch/terrorize even though i don't agree with the lvl 400 flinch and 350 terrorize composing pots.

Maybe consider changing brew times on the above as well.

Edited by EpicPiety, 22 March 2016 - 14:24.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: