• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 batboy135

batboy135

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:14

Proposing the idea again that we should have GvG into something like the PvP Ladder. Resets are much longer of course. Top guilds get a little extra bonus. This would really amp up that part of the game once again.

Will also reset all the guilds that aren't active anymore but are still on the ladder currently. It doesn't move anywhere really, so lets change that. 

Multis can't really ruin it because it's rating rather than constant farming. It would be enjoyable and would give a reason for players to be on more often.  

Something like 4 month period - 3 resets per year. 

Prizes maybe should be like this 

1st place

2-5th place

6th to 10th 

11th to 20th 

21st to 30th

31st to 40th 

41st to 50th 

- just off the top of my head - Any ideas would be of help

#2 Lellarell

Lellarell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:29

We have the Ladder...

And we have GvG...

So... why should they do it?

I mean, I'd rather to have an incentive to GvG. Not things like Tokens or other thrashes....

Maybe HCS could just make a feature that guilds could bet Gold or whatever...

My 2 cents...

#3 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:43

Great idea Bat. It's dead and that is further emphasized by dead guilds sitting stagnante in places on the current GVG ladder.

Rewards - Ladder & tokens have been royally abused, so not sure about the reward system, but hopefully some workable ideas. If there was new use for RPs - perhaps? I don't know.

To Lellarell - if something promotes competition and activity that in turn makes happy FS players for HCS and potential donators, all of which is good for HCS and the game as a whole. Activity is always good.

We can not bet in this game - against the rules and ban worthy offense, so that's not an option.

#4 onray24

onray24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:50

the original ideal of gvg fortresses  teams to defend and attack and gold or points or rp from the guilds a small game of capture the flag 

#5 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:53

Not going to be popular but gvg was far healthier without rewards and the systematic abuse of it that followed  their introduction.

All for a 3 to 4 time a year reset would reflect who is active and the best at that time.

Edited by katatonic, 09 July 2014 - 07:54.

#6 lilhotshot

lilhotshot

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:13

I loved the old gvg not the team cap but if we was to do the team thing then I say we do it with only active players opt in and teams of 4 or more anyone can pop someone that is offline try facing someone ready to battle back

#7 batboy135

batboy135

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:29

I think it would increase activity. Players will be on more often to watch for hits and hitting of course. The fundamentals of "competition" has always had people going and this is why i believe it'll reramp gvg/activity again. Clearly there will be certain powerhousers - but there are those for every game type.  Players will invest/buy gear potions etc.. The game is slowly dying, so why not give this a go and see how it plays out. Simply saying no won't do any good without an explanation. 

#8 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 13:54

A ladder reset is desperately needed to fuel the activity.. The length of the reset is debatable but the need for a reset is not.

#9 Maldarktuk

Maldarktuk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 18:28

I think that this is a great idea :D i would definitely do more gvg if there was stuff like this, it means more chance to get rewards, and people could sell or use those rewards to help themselves level up, get better gear, upgrade their char, and it would definitely make players more active ( If they like gvg ) because it could mean more pay for the mercenary gvgers out there in fs

#10 batboy135

batboy135

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:42

yes it really does need to have a reset...i don't see why this idea isn't implemented yet.  We should really consider this is all i'm saying.  It would refuel gvg once again

#11 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:18

this would be exciting, i think - a tournament using a bracket system....only it probably wouldn't work - guilds matched up where no one can hit each other

58a502d7866f2097f203b90f3445e039_crop_no

#12 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:14

Gvg was never about rewards those doing it purely for rewards will abuse any system. as gvg exists now its little more than a rating transfer system outside a few guilds who actually give a damn about their rating and record.

Whether its needs a reset is debatable the guilds that are active barely earned their places if you want their place beat them if they do not have targets find a guild above them that you do have targets in and beat them.

#13 batboy135

batboy135

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 18:56

Zizzwyly isn't most things done for rewards ? Titan hunting for example arena...and lol for that ranking thing i think would have to be done outside of the game rather than it being implemented into it's systems 

#14 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:43

this would be exciting, i think - a tournament using a bracket system....only it probably wouldn't work - guilds matched up where no one can hit each other

58a502d7866f2097f203b90f3445e039_crop_no

It would work if during those tournaments players can hit any lvl higher than them but not lower, like a special rule added to the normal gvg lvl rule.

#15 batboy135

batboy135

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:50

SirBores lol that most likely won't work.  If we do anything outside of game mechanics - we still have to follow the rules of it 

#16 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:34

Nope BB135 I do nothing for rewards I play the game to have fun strangely that is what I thought Games are for..maybe I am wrong.

#17 batboy135

batboy135

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:17

Nope BB135 I do nothing for rewards I play the game to have fun strangely that is what I thought Games are for..maybe I am wrong.

But rewards are fun LOL 

#18 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:21

But rewards are fun LOL 

Nah its boring Fun is beating someone who pwns you normally fun is aiming to be the best gvger Fun is going a few years without a gvg loss on your watch...rewards killed gvg in this game and opened the door to multies to make profit.

#19 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:08

^ couldnt have said it better

with that said i do agree that a resetting GvG ladder would increase activity. It is dull and annoying to go thru and have to rummage thru 75% or more of the ladder to find a few with enough active players and then hope they have enough in our ranges. what i propose is this

1. Add a "All Time Legends" ladder.....where the guilds who spents days/nights/months/weeks/years to get there will stay

2. Add a NEW reseting ladder....quarterly resets(roughly...they still have to be random otherwise some people will try and wait till last minute and farm rating).....no bonus tokens/etc....just give us more RP or RP items since its been quite a while....some new buff packs/potion packs would be KILLER!!!!

3. Bring the fire back into GvG.....Brices tournament was a great success in my opinion...I saw a lot of GvG activity and a lot of pride being shown that day and we didn't need monetary value...it was all for bragging rights.

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#20 batboy135

batboy135

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:27

Brices tournament would be a kick start....but to fully amp it up would be the ladder reset and go for it. I like your idea of the all time legend lol whomsoever had the highest rating will stay there till a new one is achieved. Separate from the 4 month ladder reset of course. It would be fun. I would sit all day playing tbh.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: