6 replies to this topic

#1 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2014 - 14:28

Hello, I want to suggest adding a set of optional buffs for dungeons.

Nowadays, level 40 players don't queue for dungeon to find a group. They use it as a quick teleport to dungeon after forming a group. This is because a group require a templar, a prophet and the rest mainly dps class players. Without templar and prophet, a group cannot run.

Recently I face a little difficulty in finding a group for Ascended Secluded Valley (ASV) and Terenul Rosu (TR) dungeons. But luckily ASV can be run with the absence of a pure templar. We managed to complete the dungeon with difficulty (but fun).

However, I think only ASV can be done without a templar currently. This got me thinking... If we get a buff, maybe we can do it, and then I was inspired by the group buff we get in The Vault (level 15) dungeon.

I suggest adding an option to buy buff that work for a limited time and only work in dungeons. Some example of them can be:

1. +20% defense, -40% damage

2. +30% healing, -50% magic

These are just some examples to show that the bonus gained is less than the stat you forgone. So this means unless situation called for (no templar or prophet  and daily quest is going to reset soon), players probably won't buy these buff. therefore, this will not affect the demand for templar and prophet. Also, this may encourage players to try hybrid build. Maybe these buffs could be bought with gold to create a gold sink, or bought with token dropped by monster inside dungeon.

In conclusion, I hope that we can run dungeons more frequently. I haven't run TR for 2 days. I hope that one day, everyone will use the group queue to find a group instead of only using it as a mean to teleport to dungeon.

Edited by D4VYJONES, 28 March 2014 - 14:31.

#2 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 16:49

+1

Unfortunatly tanks are very much rare nowadays, i can count the tanks i normally run tr with, fortunatly i have been doing tr everyday.

Today was extremelly fun without the tank not the same strategy of grab and spank as always.

Wanna try TR without the tank tomorrow davy?

Edited by Susej, 28 March 2014 - 16:49.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here

Need level 40 pots order here

Need Draft pots order here

Need Elixir pots order here

#3 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2014 - 17:05

Okay but I think Balaur will wipe us. xD

#4 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2014 - 18:20

+1

Been seeing a lot of people asking for GC/SV and Odhar for a tank recently but I can't really help when I'm DPS.

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#5 dragon1234

dragon1234

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 March 2014 - 21:21

Okay but I think Balaur will wipe us. xD

You can kite balaurs + Thrade pretty easily. Just have whoever have the highest movement speed hold agro.

I thought there were plenty of tanks around lol

Edited by dragon1234, 28 March 2014 - 21:24.

dragon1234 - Ranger - lv 45

NoExercise - Tank - lv 45

DragonStorage - Storage - lv 13

#6 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:47

Thanks for tip :) By the way I learned how to do SV without templar from awol_lsd.

#7 Susej

Susej

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:51

BUMP

PPL did you like the idea?

Edited by Susej, 15 April 2014 - 07:52.

OCD POT BREWER HOUSE

Need level 32 pots order here