Photo

10 Day Countdown Until March!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

#21 God

God

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:38

I'm surprised we haven't heard any news, maybe some new screenshots or videoplay?

I'd also like to know how many beta players will be picked for the first wave. 

#22 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2013 - 16:32

Now only about 2 weeks left.....assuming that's mid march but who care its march :D

The world is cruel...as will I....

#23 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 March 2013 - 21:58

There's only ten of us working on Eldevin at the moment, of which only four are artists who would usually deal with producing videos and screenshots ... and we're basically pretty busy as you can imagine ;) We're finalising realms, quests, items, effects, loading screens and all manner of other things for the level 1 to 30 content. Saying that I'm pretty sure we can get a flurry of new screenshots at the end of next week when we are all testing our next internal build :)

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#24 Xohn

Xohn

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 22:17

There's only ten of us working on Eldevin at the moment, of which only four are artists who would usually deal with producing videos and screenshots ... and we're basically pretty busy as you can imagine ;) We're finalising realms, quests, items, effects, loading screens and all manner of other things for the level 1 to 30 content. Saying that I'm pretty sure we can get a flurry of new screenshots at the end of next week when we are all testing our next internal build :)

Take all the time you guys need. We may seem impatient, but that shows how excited we all are xD.

.meow.

#25 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 March 2013 - 00:38

So mid March is 2 weeks away and counting :D

Counting down I hope! tongue.png

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#26 God

God

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:31

1. How many hours does it take a player to progress from level 1 to 30?

2. You're a team of 10, have you developed content that will be released after the beta to keep dedicated players busy?

3. What are you estimations for the number of players playing concurrently during the entire beta period?

4. Is there a  limit to the amount of players that can play simultaneously on a single server?

5. A team of 10 attempting to build, launch, maintain and grow a mmo that not only resembles the game Runescape, created by Jagex but competes with a handful of giants already dominating the free-to-play industry both in sales, and most importantly, scaling. Are there plans to hire more people to scale the potential growth of the game?

Just curious.

#27 yan2099

yan2099

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:11

Ill be so disapointed if I am not in the first wave of invite =p

#28 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 13:45

I'm not too concerned about when I'll be allowed to join CB (if ever) but whether the guys that got in would really do their job as beta testers or not. That is far more important in the long run...

#29 Minerexstacy

Minerexstacy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:53

2. You're a team of 10, have you developed content that will be released after the beta to keep dedicated players busy?

3. What are you estimations for the number of players playing concurrently during the entire beta period?

4. Is there a  limit to the amount of players that can play simultaneously on a single server?

5. A team of 10 attempting to build, launch, maintain and grow a mmo that not only resembles the game Runescape, created by Jagex but competes with a handful of giants already dominating the free-to-play industry both in sales, and most importantly, scaling. Are there plans to hire more people to scale the potential growth of the game?

Just curious.

Not really sure why people say Eldevin is going to be like runescape. All it is similar with, is the cartoonish looks. That gameplay will be that of any MMORPG with the use of cast bars and spell cooldowns. If anything Eldevin will be more of a EQ or WoW/rift ' ish game. I don't know how the gameplay is, but from the snapshots, I can tell this is not going to be a Runescape rewrite as a mmorpg, but more of a fresh way to walk into a mmorpg.

Come join me at my YouTube - Mcflapphypants

153qv6c.png

Come help build the wikia by clicking > HERE

#30 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:18

Not really sure why people say Eldevin is going to be like runescape. All it is similar with, is the cartoonish looks. That gameplay will be that of any MMORPG with the use of cast bars and spell cooldowns. If anything Eldevin will be more of a EQ or WoW/rift ' ish game. I don't know how the gameplay is, but from the snapshots, I can tell this is not going to be a Runescape rewrite as a mmorpg, but more of a fresh way to walk into a mmorpg.

I don't know, to me it looks as closer to RS as it gets ;)

And btw I hope it will "borrow" some RS features, because apart from the graphics, that game is pure genius and no other MMO comes even close to it content wise. There are enough modern MMOs sharing pretty much the same model - outstanding eye candy, terribly lack of content. So players need a game that's packed with cool features and heavy on deep game content. WoW became so successful not by bringing something totally original to the table, but by picking up the best features of various other games and mixing them together in just one MMO.

#31 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2013 - 16:38

Take all the time you guys need. We may seem impatient, but that shows how excited we all are xD.

Yeah, what this guy said; we can wait. We all now how epic this game will be :D

The world is cruel...as will I....

#32 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2013 - 16:46

I don't know, to me it looks as closer to RS as it gets ;)

And btw I hope it will "borrow" some RS features, because apart from the graphics, that game is pure genius and no other MMO comes even close to it content wise. There are enough modern MMOs sharing pretty much the same model - outstanding eye candy, terribly lack of content. So players need a game that's packed with cool features and heavy on deep game content. WoW became so successful not by bringing something totally original to the table, but by picking up the best features of various other games and mixing them together in just one MMO.

Hitting something with a sword is a RS feature ;)

We all have favorite games, some with nostalgic memories but we can't all have all of our favorite game features <_<  I'm personally just looking forward to the brand new community along with this long-awaited game  :ph34r: All content will bring me enjoyment  :lol:

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#33 Cubaza

Cubaza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 March 2013 - 17:26

We all have favorite games, some with nostalgic memories but we can't all have all of our favorite game features <_<

Exactly .. you read my mind :D

#34 Ziggeh

Ziggeh

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 23:48

This exactly :P

Can't wait!

#35 SDGR

SDGR

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:31

Hitting something with a sword is a RS feature ;)

We all have favorite games, some with nostalgic memories but we can't all have all of our favorite game features <_<  I'm personally just looking forward to the brand new community along with this long-awaited game  :ph34r: All content will bring me enjoyment  :lol:

If those features are good, why not? The fact they were already implemented in another MMO is the proof they work. ;) The devs decide what can and will be incorporated in this game, but it's our job to make suggestions; every player has tested a number of MMOs so together we can cover a very wide area ;)

Yeah, community makes or breaks a game. So far so good ;)

#36 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 March 2013 - 19:13

Just curious.

1) Between 25 and 50 hours, depending on how much of the story, crafting and other activities you do or if you just rush to level 30.

2) We're already got a nice number of features including the level 30-40 content, achievements and gem slotting scheduled for May.

3 & 4) This is the reason for closed beta, once we're happy with the number on-line we'll be ready for open beta!

5) Well I think we are a new game, with a very hard working team and very high-quality fun game. And of course if the game does well we'd love to have more staff to help out!

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#37 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 07 March 2013 - 17:40

5) Well I think we are a new game, with a very hard working team and very high-quality fun game. And of course if the game does well we'd love to have more staff to help out!

A lot of respect for this  :) I can't wait for the game to progress and try all the new content you guys will think up in the years to come ;)

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#38 God

God

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 00:37

Looks like 10 more days until closed beta, internal testing must have been successful. 

#39 l3fty

l3fty

Senior Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Badge

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:04

Internal testing is going fantastic :D We're finding and fixing a bunch of issues but the server has been nice and stable so far. It's a good sign that I was up until midnight playing *ahem* testing last night ;)

L3fty
Senior 3D Artist

#40 Whane The Whip

Whane The Whip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 17:49

WoW became so successful not by bringing something totally original to the table, but by picking up the best features of various other games and mixing them together in just one MMO.

I totally have to disagree with that. WoW became successful through great marketing and availability (low system requirements). That combined with ongoing updates and content helped a lot. Some of the innovations credited to Blizzard were in fact player innovations. For example quest tracking was originally an addon built by a player, Blizzard later adapted that as part of the game.

In terms of content, the o3 (Original 3, UO, EQ, and AC) offered a much better experience. To this day any MMO I see is filtered through my AC experience and AC has essentially spoiled me.

Most 2nd and 3rd generation MMO's were greatly "dumbed down" in order to appeal to a larger audience and hence be able to earn more money. This trend started, sadly, with AC2 (one of the first 2nd gen MMO's) when Microsoft got her claws embedded in the project. How did gamers react?... Well today AC1 is still out and AC2 has long since been cancelled so it didn't work, AC still attracts gamers that want freedom and challenge. But for the most part, MMO developers of other games are making it easier on players and that kills the game for me. In another example, Earth & Beyond was cancelled due to trailing interest in the game. How is that a older game made it while a newer game like E&B didn't? E&B lacked content and thought pretty graphics was all players *really* cared about, it also had *no* PvP. And this was during a time when there were not as many MMO's to choose from (2004).

A good looking game attracts attention, but it's longevity is based on content, and if you have both....

Official list of known issues.

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: