Photo

Any update about anything titan related?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:46

Just curious if anything titan related is happening soon. I feel like titan hunting is slowly being choked out with barely anything to do with it rn

Anyways, If you were to add something titan related what were some of the things you would like to see changed/updated?

I for one am a bit tired of seeing titans left untouched for weeks after being secured..
Maybe some way for the titans to slowly bleed out when not killed within ~48 hours?

uwClls8.png

#2 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:59

Just curious if anything titan related is happening soon. I feel like titan hunting is slowly being choked out with barely anything to do with it rn

Anyways, If you were to add something titan related what were some of the things you would like to see changed/updated?

I for one am a bit tired of seeing titans left untouched for weeks after being secured..
Maybe some way for the titans to slowly bleed out when not killed within ~48 hours?

NOT bleed out - recover if they're not killed in ~48 hrs. No guild should get the drop for 50%+1 kills ... unless the other 50%-1 kills are done too.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#3 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:44

NOT bleed out - recover if they're not killed in ~48 hrs. No guild should get the drop for 50%+1 kills ... unless the other 50%-1 kills are done too.

So you want no guild to get the drop even when they already killed 50%? Or both guilds get the drop from 1 titan?

uwClls8.png

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 March 2018 - 16:29

So you want no guild to get the drop even when they already killed 50%? Or both guilds get the drop from 1 titan?

Correct the first time ... If a guild secures the drop (i.e. 50%+1) kill and then the titan sits there for ages (however long "ages" is defined as by the cows) then the securing guild should have to complete the kills to get the drop or the titan starts to recover and, ultimately, recover completely ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2018 - 16:38

Correct the first time ... If a guild secures the drop (i.e. 50%+1) kill and then the titan sits there for ages (however long "ages" is defined as by the cows) then the securing guild should have to complete the kills to get the drop or the titan starts to recover and, ultimately, recover completely ..

This is what I've been wanting for FOREVER! If you want that Titan drop, put in ALL the work.

~ Grim

#6 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 16:59

I can see less people hunting outside of seasonals if that was implemented personally.

#7 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 17:23

This is what I've been wanting for FOREVER! If you want that Titan drop, put in ALL the work.

~ Grim

I am quite curious to how that would work i mean if a titan has 5k life anyone getting 2501 kills would secure the titan in its present form? i dont titan hunt so any questions i get wrong please correct..so if it was secured but alive and its health regenerated does that mean in theory someone else come along and get 2501 kills on that same titan? would they both get a  epic when it did die? or would it become the person with the most kills get the item? because if that was the case there would be no safe kill count as any number could be beaten if given enough time and the titan staying alive

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 13 March 2018 - 18:45

I am quite curious to how that would work i mean if a titan has 5k life anyone getting 2501 kills would secure the titan in its present form? i dont titan hunt so any questions i get wrong please correct..so if it was secured but alive and its health regenerated does that mean in theory someone else come along and get 2501 kills on that same titan? would they both get a  epic when it did die? or would it become the person with the most kills get the item? because if that was the case there would be no safe kill count as any number could be beaten if given enough time and the titan staying alive

I would think that in this scenario (mind you, I don't do titans either, and this is just an uninformed old lady's opinion) that if a titan is left for somebody else to clean up, the secure becomes forfeit, and rather than a secure being possible at all,  that only earned TKP be awarded to all concerned as a measure to seal any loopholes that may arise....  This way nobody is being cheated out of any work put in, and leaving a titan out there for days (or weeks, I've heard mentioned) would be discouraged.....

Edited by BadPenny, 13 March 2018 - 18:46.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#9 Lsrpm

Lsrpm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 March 2018 - 19:32

~ Grim

See I agree that you should have to WORK for the titan drop but I dont think this would work out in this certain scenario. Basically the only titans that get left up for ages are the ones less desirable. Most people either go for a secure or never even bother with TKP unless they are close. The only titans people care about TKP for are seasonal titans and Cow right now(maybe a new titans as well). So maybe if there were an extra incentive to full clear the said titan you already se

In order for this to become a thing I personally feel like epics need to be boosted/changed in a way..Or titan hunting in general changes. Again I dont mind the extra work cause it should be that way..but this would only happen on titans that are less desired

uwClls8.png

#10 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 00:52

Titan should pick back up. After the app

#11 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:10

~ Grim

Can we get a discussion on ways to implement this? I can give a couple suggestions right now,,,,

Count personal tkp!!,, when a guild is on cooldown individual players would help in a small part cleaning up titans if there was a way to compile the points for their own epic. This would also benefit the little guys who want a way to earn gear they cant afford. 

A decay clock! Each titan has a time limit set by its hit points. If its not completed in that timeframe it escapes and there is no secure.

Point decay,, some formula that factors time its been left out since secured and a penalty of tkp is assessed against the secure. For example that in no way should be considered the be all way it should be done,, for each hour after secure the titan is out you must get +100 more points to secure it. Or on the other side, for each hour the titan has been left out after a secure each guild with points loses "X" tkp

Finally maybe just take a page from the Fuvayu and "reborn" them with a new recipe making the tired and less appealing titans fresh and new again (tho I dont think seasonal only will help a lot, instead make the reborn version available year long maybe even incorporating mutiple titan gear into one new piece)

One "out there" idea that I want to add as an afterthought,,, make a new recipe and a 2nd piece that the old drop is used to make. It could be used to make a "titan combo" (note NOT a set and no set bonus buffs should work here although new buffs to accomodate these would be great) that has "combo" bonuses and other benefits that would make this gear a bit more useful all around. 

"Titan should pick back up. After the app"

I am afraid unless theres some ground breaking mechanic or a way to totally even the playing field in terms of speed and connection the app isnt going to help this at all. 

Edited by watagashi, 14 March 2018 - 01:12.

#12 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:26

[stuff]

"Titan should pick back up. After the app"

I am afraid unless theres some ground breaking mechanic or a way to totally even the playing field in terms of speed and connection the app isnt going to help this at all. 

After having tried to do a few Titan DQ's on my phone, and giving up because of the daunting amount of steps just to chase the Elementals (thinking well, there's 4 to work with there, I just have to take so many HP, right?), and having tried the V 1.0 of the app, I still fail to see how any mobile version can level the playing field on any popular titan, such as the seasonals or the current "high dollar" standard ones.  Those of you that even occasionally play on a mobile device know what I mean, and those that, like me, are trapped in an Android environment, will never hunt Titans with the current mechanics, whether the popular,  seasonal, or the less desirables with little value for their drops... 

The app will have to address the inability to span out, there will need to be a way to make basic moving and even teleport work well on a 3G or 4G connection, lots of variables that make Titan hunting a PC only activity.  

That said, if there were features in that compensated for the lack of Keyboard controls and the ability to slide the map around to zone in on a specific location, or a titan for that matter, I think more of us would be more inclined to snag some TKP....

I know this is a tad off topic, but the challenges of chasing any Titan, even those with little or no competition, on a mobile device is what prevents me from even trying....   

Edited by BadPenny, 14 March 2018 - 02:27.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#13 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:40

I know this is a tad off topic, but the challenges of chasing any Titan, even those with little or no competition, on a mobile device is what prevents me from even trying....   

With so much being left for ,,,,ATA isnt this part of every subject? Is it going to work on the app?

I too tried mobile titan. I would ascribe it to trying to compete in the Indy 500 in a cement truck

#14 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:15

~ Grim

Oh my, will you be loosing a lot of titan hunters if you do that.

Doing all the work at the moment means secure it, as that stam-wise is best deal for a hunter. The problem is not that the titan stays alive to long, problem is that if you depend on TKP to get an item, it is just to much. 12K TKP on Tsuki just takes to much stam, and that is why hunters do not bother doing it anymore. Value vs stam needed is no longer in balance.

You are not going to solve the value problem by letting a titan regenerate, it will just put off more players, and while that eventually may cause the item to become more scarce, it is unlikely to go up in value as for many of the older titans there are better alternatives. 

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:25

Might encourage people to get more that 50% +1 (rounding up). That's the BARE MINIMUM.

~ Grim

#16 Morgwyn

Morgwyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 14:17

Might encourage people to get more that 50% +1 (rounding up). That's the BARE MINIMUM.

~ Grim

Where is the encouragement? The encouragement that if you do not kill more than needed you actually have to spent even more stamina? That is a penalty, and penalties are never a good encouragement.

Lower TKP needed to gain the item via TKP, like the seasonals. That would encourage, and while that brings in a few more epics, it does pave the way for a way greater tier system... hey another encouragement! :)

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 16:55

Where is the encouragement? The encouragement that if you do not kill more than needed you actually have to spent even more stamina? That is a penalty, and penalties are never a good encouragement.

Lower TKP needed to gain the item via TKP, like the seasonals. That would encourage, and while that brings in a few more epics, it does pave the way for a way greater tier system... hey another encouragement! :)

Epics were designed to be a GROUP effort.  They were never supposed to be easy, hence the drop being called EPIC. I don't hunt them because i don't want to put in the time it takes on a mobile device.  If I had a raggedy PC, I might try....  

I know in my guild, when Titans are hunted, they finish them off.  Regardless of which Titan they hunt, they COMPLETE THE JOB.   

FS has enough easy buttons, tyvm.  I can accept the concept that some of the more common lower level titans could use a makeover (like the tier system already started) to make them WORTH the trip, but I don't think lowering the TKP is the answer.  

There have been a lot of ideas (such as Thief in the night) to make less commonly used equipment into something more valuable.  I know that BG has been working on things like this, and I have seen hints of more tiered epics in the future as well....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#18 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 18:05

~ Grim

The 50% plus one is the easy part,, did any of the suggestions I put forth above catch your eye,,anyone else have any suggestions on how to encourage more people to finish the job?

The more I think on this topic the more Id like to see a combo of compiling personal tkp and the 2nd piece recipies that would make a "combo" set.

The personal tkp will give more players a reason to help "clean up", you could even have players who do this as their daily game since it could be,,, not exacty profitable but a good living for someone willing to put in the effort. 

The new recipies and gear "combos" would definently bring a lot more activity all across the titan board, after the drive to be the first ones with this wears off it would still be yet another boon to the personal tkp hunter. 

was kinda hoping someone else had a great idea I hadnt thought of to suggest on this too

Edited by watagashi, 14 March 2018 - 18:06.

#19 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 March 2018 - 19:26

The biggest deterrent, I feel, to folk cleaning up titans is one that's been mentioned in this thread, and several times in the past - that of the TKP required to get the item via non-secure kills.

The "non-popular" epics either need up-dating, to make them attractive once more (and that's NOT including the existing ones in-game, just NEW ones), or the TKP needs dramatically lowering for them.

Will this happen ? - who knows. I'm not gonna hold my breath tho ...

#20 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 20:13

prob already suggested give titans unlimited health but a timer who ever has the most kills when the timer strikes 0 gets the drop ...either show the timer or dont whch ever you think would make ppl kill it no guarenteed winner then put the stam in or dont

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: