Midnight at the Temple

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#81 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:22

Rollina smiles, and goes with Thomas to the temple on the way she smiles, and softly says. "Thomas you are right, and there are memories I dont want to forget I never want to change them ether. I dont ever want to lose my memorie of you, or of my parents, or the village leader. Im glad I meet you, and every one at the temple. Thank you for makeing me happy."

Unknown to them Valki was following from the shadows dressed in a black cloak, and hideing in the shadows watching, and listening to them. He kept enough distance to make sure they didnt notice.

#82 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2005 - 22:18

They approach the gates, which open upon their arrival. Most of the knights were not in but the resident monks were still about. An old woman stood at the entrance way waiting.

"Everything sorted out?" asked Nanaea, smiling as if she kew the answer. Thomas was sure she did.

"Yes, you could say that" laughed Thomas uneasily.

"Well, I'll be off then. Good luck you two" Nanaea winked at them and disapeared.

"That old woman, she is a bit eccentric" Thomas thought. "But I think I like her".

Outside, Valki was hiding, waiting.

#83 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:17

Rollina smiled at Thomas, and walked up to him kissing his cheek. "I think I'll put my things in my room." She smiles, and goes to her room takeing out the jewlery box that belonged to her mother first, and sat it down. Then she took out her fathers sword, and placed it safely in a hideing spot.

Mean while Valki had snuck into the temple, and was hideing in the shadows keeping enough distance from Thomas to make sure he wasnt noticed. He had an evil plan in mind to get revenge on them both, but would watch them for a while.

Rollina walked out of her room, and back to Thomas. "I know I am going to love it here because of you." She blushes badly looking up at him. Her memories still wanted out, but she would not let her self remember them. She smiled softly at Thomas even though she could not hide the sadness in her eyes from a thought of remembering her past. "Thomas you are the best."

#84 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:31

"Naw, I'm just me" Thomas said, looking very embarrassed. Putting his arm around her, he walked with her down to the common room.

"I think I will get us a drink, to celebrate. I have wine and ale...I'll bring both up" with that he was gone in a red flash. A couple seconds went by and he returned. A bottle of wine and a bottle of ale in his hands.

Meanwhile Valki was sneaking around inside the temple grounds and towards the priestess' chambers.

#85 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2005 - 14:52

Rollina smiled at Thomas as he put his arm around her. She blushed a bright red. "Well I like you being you I would never want to change you."

Rollina smiled, and nodded at his words. "That sounds nice Thomas." Rollina smiled and waited for Thomas. When he returned she smiled softly. "I have never had wine, or ale before." She looks down blushing more.

Rollina looked around for glasses, and found two, and brought them over. She then kissed Thomas on the cheek.

Mean while Valki snuck into the priestess' chambers Thinking of how he would get his revenge on the two who made fools of him, and ruined his whole idea to rule over the Village. He wanted to Make the two pay with there lives.

#86 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:22

"Well, which would you like first?" Thomas asked, holding them out. "It doesn't matter to me, I like em both".

In the priestess' chambers Valki stood over Maven's bed, he placed his hand over her mouth and held his blade to her neck. She awoke suddenly, letting out a muffled scream.

"Shhh" Valki said "I don't want to hurt you, just be quiet, stand up and come with me".

Maven did as he said. Valki wrapped his arm around her neck from behind. Still with his sword to her neck, he then led her out the door and toward the stairs, smirking at his own genius. She did not struggle as she knew the temple needed her and that there were those in the temple who would find her.

#87 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:21

Rollina smiled at Thomas, and pointed to the ale. "How about the ale?" She smiled softly, and held out the glasses. Something felt off to her but she didn't know what. She just ignored the feeling, and smiled. She was haveing so much fun with Thomas. She loved being around him.

"I love being around you Thomas." Her voice was soft, and she blushed a bright red. "Thomas I am sorry for all the trouble I have brought you, but I am happy i meet you."

Rollina slowly sat down with her drink sipping it slowly, as she made an odd face. "I have never had ale before it tastes odd." Her voice soft yet curious. As she sat her cup down a tatoo like birth mark on her right shoulder showed of a single red rose wrapped around a tear drop. She quickly covered it up, and blushed.

Unknown to them that something was indeed wrong, and that Valki had kiddnapped the priestess.

#88 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:26

Thomas looked at the strange mark. "I didn't know you were into that sort of thing. Don't cover it, can I get a closer look at it?" He moved closer and sat down by her. He could tell she was embarrassed about something. "But if it's something you don't want me to see then I get it..." He said, observing her reaction.

Valki had escaped out of the temple by then. He spread his dark wings and fluttered off, Maven still held tightly in his arms. They dissapeared into the night.

A note written in fancy letters was stuck with a small knife to the temple gates.

To those who reside at the temple,

I have taken your beloved priestess and will hold her until I get what I seek. You will bring the angel girl, Rollina and that filthy demon deep into the dark forest two days from now at midnight. You will then leave them at Kames Hill Graveyard, bound and weaponless. At exactly 3:00 am you will then return to find your priestess there.

If you do not abide by my request I shall sell the girl to a dear friend of mine with a penchant for slaves and you will see her no more.

With deepest regards,
Valki

#89 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 17:02

Rollina sighs softly, and moves her right sholder sleve over revealing it. "It is a mark I have been cursed with for as long as I can remember. I am the only one with it. I have always hidden it from all you are the first to see my mark."

She looks up at him blushing. "I did not mean to offend you it is just I was told to keep it covered. By the old ceif of my Village he said that I was not an ordinary angel, but that I was speacile. "
Rollina nuzzles Thomas softly, and closes her eyes. "I never want you to be mad at me." She kissed Thomas softly on the lips her eyes closed. She then looks in his eyes. "I never want to upset you Thomas."

She then curls into a ball around Thomas smileing up at him. Her deep gold eyes look at him innocently. Her wings wrap around him. "I am the luckiest girl in the world to have meet you Thomas."

Soon a rush of foot steeps came there way. What they where saying was muffled by the walls, but the tone of there voices sounded as if they were upset. Rollina sat up, and tryed to listen. She then looked at Thomas with worry not saying a word.

#90 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:49

"Thomas, Thomas! The priestess!" three monks came running through the entryway to the main hall. "You...Only one here...HELP!" they were all talking at once and very out of breath.

"Okay, Okay...settle down now, what's going on?" said Thomas, almost angrily for their interruption.

"They, he...someone" a small monk with bloodshot eyes was stuttering severly.

"Come on, out with it" Thomas demanded, a look of worry on his face.

"Our priestess has been kidnapped!" the monk to the right shouted and thrust the note into Thomas' face.

Thomas grasped it and read it with a blank expression, eyes going over the page repeatedly. He stared at it for several moments in shock. A look of anger now fell over him and he crumpled the note in his hand.

#91 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:16

Rollina looked worryed, and gasped at what the monks said. She looked over at Thomas worry, and fear in her eyes. "Thomas who took her, and what do they want? Are you ok?" She looked up at him in fear, and watched as he crumpled the note. "Thomas who did this please tell me. I want to help in any way I can." She gently trys to touch Thomas's cheek to try, and calm him down. "Thomas we will get her back it will be ok."

#92 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2005 - 05:12

"Valki...He wants us to give ourselves up or we'll never see her again". Thomas looked over at Rollina with a sad expression. "He thought everything out, the only thing we can do is go". He thrust the crumpled note into her hand and turned away.

Thomas' mind was racing, trying to think of a way out for them and Maven. He slumped down in a nearby chair, straining for a thought, any thought that could help.

#93 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2005 - 05:46

Rollina lets a small tear hit the floor from her eye. "Thomas Im sorry this is my fault. I should have never come here. Maybe if I turn myself in alone he will let her go. Im so sorry Thomas I wish that I had never involved you, or the temple. Im cursed from the day I was born." She falls to the ground crying. " I thought for once in my life I could be happy here with you, but I only brought misery." She slowly walks over to Thomas, and kisses his cheek. "Forgive me Thomas I dont want to lose you, or anyone you care about. I really messed things up didnt I." Her tears fell to the ground next to him. "I wont let him win valki will not win." She runs to her room, and opens the hidden compartment she had found, and pulls out her fathers sword, and grabs an amulet from her mothers jewlery box as it's song fills the air. She closes it quickly, and runs back into the room. "Im going to kill him for this he hurt to many people I love, and care about. " She tied the swords sheth to her belt, and put the amulet on her neck. " I realised something Thomas Im not alone anymore I have you, and I will fight for you, and this temple." She runs out the door's to the temple takeing flight with her wings glowing. A fire in her eyes, as her wings beat against the sky.

#94 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2005 - 08:22

"Rollina!" Thomas shouted after her, but she did not stop. "She can't fight him, he'll kill her". In a red flash he was in his room, he grabbed his sword and the one Rollina had given him. He quickly disappeared again.

He reapeared in the forest, using his demonic senses he had followed Rollina here but his demonic energy ran low and he could not teleport any longer. He took to the sky, searching for her, any sign.

He found her outside the cemetary and landed.

"Silly girl, he won't be here for two days. Besides, you don't really expect him to stop after killing you. He'll go after me next, me and him, it's personal now".

#95 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2005 - 15:24

Rollina startled while in the ran to Thomas, and cried on his shoulder. "Im so sorry Thomas this is all my fault." Her tears fell to the ground. "Please forgive me Thomas." She hugged him tightly crying. "Im scared I dont want to lose you." She nuzzles him softly still crying, as they stood outside the cemetary.

#96 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:29

"You won't, either way we'll be in this together ok?" Thomas held her close. "Now let's get out of here for now, it's kind of creepy". He let go of her and shivered a bit. "It doesn't feel right here, even for me".

#97 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:00

Rollina nodded at Thomas's words. "Thank you I am sorry I have been such a burden for you." She trys to smile softly. "You are right it is creepy here." She shivers from the site of the cemetary. "We should head back to the temple."

#98 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:18

"Yeah let's go" Thomas hovered in the air, signaling Rollina to do the same. They then both flew back to the temple, wing to wing.

Arriving, they found the priests and monks still in an uproar. Scrambling about, talking quickly. Everyone seemed to stare at them when they walked by, murmuring now as opposed to the loud rants heard earlier. Thomas felt uneasy, it was his fault this was happening. If he had just been more on guard.

His mind raced, he didn't even notice he had been standing in front of the fire in the parlor for almost ten minutes.

#99 gothador_rollina

gothador_rollina
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2005 - 16:58

When they had arrived at the temple. Rollina noticed the worry in Thomas's eyes. She followed him into the parlor, and gently walked up behind him. She then lay her head on his shoulder, and placed her hand on his. "It will be ok we will make a plan, and save her. You know you did save me in more ways then one. I belive in you, and will always be by your side." She nuzzles him softly then looks at the wounds he had got from the village. "Thomas does your wounds still hurt? I have more herbs in my room to make them feel better. We will save her dont worry. We could always fake like the temple trapt us, and hide a dagger behind one of us, and when Valki comes close enough we ramb it in his chest. The shackles would be open but look closed so it looks like the temple betrayed us." She looks up at him waiting for his responce.

#100 gothador_lordthomas

gothador_lordthomas
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:36

"I'm fine....er...no that wouldn't work" Thomas stared into the fire again. "If you remember, Valki won't have her with him when he comes for us. If we try anything, even if Valki is killed, I'm sure he has a plan for Maven to never be found. He's covered all options".

Thomas clenched his fists. He knew what he had to do.

"Alright I have a plan, but it's dangerous. As much as I hate to have to put you in danger, it is our only chance. We need to give ourselves up, if only to buy time for the priestess to get into safe hands".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: